The CCL Discussion Thread

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

Well, first off, "mill", "discard", "tap", and others are keyword actions rather than keywords, and more than that, they're essentially evergreen - in fact, they appear more than most evergreen keywords do.

As stated in the thread, I've listed all of the valid choices of keywords to use in the clarifications.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 2 months ago

Just to inform you: this challenge includes consecutive mana VALUES, not costs. The original post is fixed.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

January CCL poll is up.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

@OneAndOnly @shullz as far as I know, "above" means "higher than you in the list", not lower.

shullz

Post by shullz » 2 months ago

Raptorchan wrote:
2 months ago
@OneAndOnly @shullz as far as I know, "above" means "higher than you in the list", not lower.
You're right. I just did the same thing as last time. I'll change it.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 2 months ago

I just decided what they hey, I'll critique everyone's submittals. I only ranked the six above me, and only top-three'd the ones I thought were top-three worthy.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

One day left to vote in January Final Poll.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

@void_nothing wins the January CCL!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 1 month ago

February CCL top 4 and March CCL round 1 will both come tomorrow. Time has gotten away from me.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 1 month ago

Can the tokens generated for the CCL 1/1 real world animals be more than one kind. Such as an animal version of Sarpadian Empires, Vol. VII or A Killer Among Us (I'm not planing on that kind of card. I have something else in mind.)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Komandon wrote:
1 month ago
Can the tokens generated for the CCL 1/1 real world animals be more than one kind. Such as an animal version of Sarpadian Empires, Vol. VII or A Killer Among Us (I'm not planing on that kind of card. I have something else in mind.)
Yes, that fits the challenge just fine.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Now putting out the call for a host for the April CCL!

AnotherAlias

Post by AnotherAlias » 1 month ago

@void_nothing, is one allowed to put a player they do not evaluate in their top 3?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

AnotherAlias wrote:
1 month ago
@void_nothing, is one allowed to put a player they do not evaluate in their top 3?
No, absolutely not. The brackets are there to determine who can score points from whom and give everyone a shot.

AnotherAlias

void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
AnotherAlias wrote:
1 month ago
No, absolutely not. The brackets are there to determine who can score points from whom and give everyone a shot.
Thank you. That's what I thought, but it's good to have confirmation before I call out another user.

@marioguy3, as void_nothing stated above, you cannot have Komandon in your top 3 for round 2. (Those above you on the list (looping to the bottom) were: netn10, shullz, Raptorchan, OneAndOnly, Henlock, and AnotherAlias.)

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 1 month ago

void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
And I will heed, if I am allowed to.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
1 month ago
void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
And I will heed, if I am allowed to.
More than that, you're welcome to. It's good to have you back and I'll put your name down.

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 1 month ago

@AnotherAlias Thank you for mentioning that. True mistake. Fixed.
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

AnotherAlias

@Komandon, same thing applies to you. You cannot have me in your top 3 because I was not one of the six above you. (Your list was meant to be: marioguy3, netn10, shullz, Raptorchan, OneAndOnly, and Henlock.)

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 1 month ago

@AnotherAlias I see I looped wrong. I skipped Henlock by accident and did you who is below me.

I'm going to remove my post with a place holder and cut/paste in a note file on my phone for now.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Hopefully the confusion about first and second round judging has now been cleared up. Remember that you should always evaluate the contestants below you on the list for round 1 and above you on the list for round 2! On that note, I'll be posting the next round of the March CCL tomorrow - sorry for the delay on my end.

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 1 month ago

@Raptorchan Congratulations on the win in February!
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 1 month ago

Quick question: Does a permanent that returns itself count for the challenge?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Henlock wrote:
1 month ago
Quick question: Does a permanent that returns itself count for the challenge?
I'll say yes it does.

AnotherAlias

@void_nothing, exiling a (permanent) card from a graveyard, then returning that to the battlefield doesn't count, right? Also, does cloaking/manifesting a card in a graveyard count?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”