Combat phase clarity

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 1 month ago

There is a new card Obeka, Splitter of Seconds which creates additional upkeep steps after combat damage step.
My question is will those upkeep steps still be during combat?
I know there is a Beginning phase but it doesn't seem to me that Obeka, Splitter of Seconds would put you specifically into that phase?

Is Obeka, Splitter of Seconds still an attacking creature during those upkeeps?

So for example can I cast Savage Beating during one of those upkeeps?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 1 month ago
While this is not an effect with a lot of precedent, the wording of the card says "after this phase", not "after this step" - you will only get to the upkeep steps after the end of combat step but before the postcombat main phase.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 month ago

While this is not an effect with a lot of precedent, the wording of the card says "after this phase", not "after this step" - you will only get to the upkeep steps after the end of combat step but before the postcombat main phase.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”