BLB- Bloomburrow Worldbuilding and Lore

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 2 months ago

At Chicago we also got a look at Bloomburrow enough to talk so here we are.

Bloomburrow is a "funny animal" world, no humans, only talking animals who are in size to real world counter parts. A group of small adventurers sets out into the bigger world as the "calamity beasts", elemental predators of this plane, have start going on larger rampages. Our protagonists is Mabel a mother mouse who is joined by Gev a lizard, Hug a badger, Finneas a rabbit and Zoraline a bat.

On this plane we also have been shown both Ral, in the form of an otter and Jace in the form of a fox.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 2 months ago

so uh, redwall?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

Ral turning into an otter while he's on the talking-animals plane is either a deliberate LGBTQ inside joke or a very funny coincidence. I kind of like planeswalkers having to contend with the "rules" of different planes, and the fact that this happens means that Bloomburrow is full of anthro animals for a very specific reason.
pokken wrote:
2 months ago
so uh, redwall?
Yeah it's a pretty blatant "borrowing"... or homage, if we're being more polite... from a famous fantasy series, but really, so many Magic planes are based just as heavily as this on real-world literature or myths. Looking at you, Theros, which is so close to real Greek myth that they just put the name "Akroan" on the whole Trojan War.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

5colorsrainbow

Redwall is the most popular example but you have a range of other examples. Funny enough this video came out recently that shows off this kind of genre/trope;

“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

5colorsrainbow

Also seemly the art Jace show is a showcase/promo art and he's not on plane.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

Figures - kind of seems like he's not on any plane(?) right now what with being Proft's mental phantom.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 2 months ago

You know it just occurred to me

What animal is kellan gonna turn into? (And his avenger teammate(s) Amailia was the first one) Safe to assume his story doesn't end in thunder junction, and will be involved of the dragon storm and mystery arcs as well.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 2 months ago

^a little fawn boy, i bet, a reference to 3/3 Elk tokens =P

im looking forward to some cute aminal people situations. kinda hoping it's more zoomed out and the plot stays in the books, don't wanna read too many quotes from recurring characters imo

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 2 months ago

A little joke in the spoiler

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Concept image of Kellan actually just dropped

[/spolier]

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 2 months ago

You know I just realized

Kellan could be a elk/deer when he's on Bloomburrow since that's what his dad turns people into (again safe to assume kellans story won't end on thunder junction)

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 2 months ago

god i just feel like i'm on ignore everywhere i go rofl
didn't i post that two posts back

5colorsrainbow

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
2 months ago
You know I just realized

Kellan could be a elk/deer when he's on Bloomburrow since that's what his dad turns people into (again safe to assume kellans story won't end on thunder junction)
Would def fit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”