void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

Today's Challenge: Fallout

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 55 (+5)
shullz 53 (+2)
Ink-Treader 45 (+2)
Rithaniel 42 (+3)
void_nothing 37 (+1)
OneAndOnly 36 (+1)
Caspernicus 35 (+1)
Komandon 30 (+3)
KB52665 26 (+1)
AnotherAlias 18
somedue1019 13
YoTed 12 (+0)
TessaMTG 7
LandellXil0cent 6
Dedede3669 2 (+2)
.::Note of the Day::.

Since this thread has gone up late, tomorrow's will be up a bit earlier than this, so this round will be shortened. In my defense I have a great excuse (I just got God of War Ragnarök and it's really fun).

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.

League of Legends/World of Warcraft/Street Fighter/Tekken/Uncharted
KB52665 wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: InkTreader, Rithaniel

Gill, Heterochrome Adonis uurr
Legendary Creature — Demigod Warrior (M)
Prowess
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, if it's blue, add and Gill deals 1 damage to target opponent. If it's red, add and scry 1.
Whenever Gill attacks, add ur, then exile the top card of your library. You may cast it.
4/3

IIW: Revamp a legendary creature from Ice Age or earlier, or a named creature card from from Arabian Nights.
shullz wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: netn10, KB52665 (But actually too many great ones to choose from)
@netn10: This triggers some nostalgia in me. Always loved Kamigawa. Had that guy in my crappy samurai deck, my favorite deck at the time.

I don't play any of these games, but played quite a bit of Warcraft 3 back in the day and this character is in WoW, too.

Sylvanas Windrunner, Ranger-General
Legendary Creature — Elf Archer
Reach
Whenever Sylvanas Windrunner, Ranger-General attacks, she deals damage equal to the number of attacking creatures to target creature with flying defending player controls.
Whenever Sylvanas Windrunner, Ranger-General blocks, she deals damage equal to the number of blocking creatures to target attacking creature with flying.
Disturb (You may cast this card from your graveyard transformed for its disturb cost.)
3/3

Sylvanas Windrunner, Dark Ranger
() Legendary Creature — Elf Spirit Archer
First strike
, Pay 1 life: Sylvanas Windrunner, Dark Ranger deals 1 damage to target creature.
Black Arrow — Whenever a creature dealt damage by an Archer you control this turn dies, put it onto the battlefield under your control with a finality counter on it. It's a black Skeleton in addition to its other colors and types and gains decayed.
If Sylvanas Windrunner, Dark Ranger would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile her instead.
4/3

IIW: Universes Beyond: Pokemon
OneAndOnly wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: netn10, Ink-Treader
Stop Poking Me! -- B
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant permanent
If the effect of a spell or ability would tap enchanted permanent while it is tapped, exert it.
If the effect of a spell or ability would exert enchanted permanent while it is exerted, detain it.
If the effect of a spell or ability would detain enchanted permanent while it is detained, put a stun counter on it.
If the effect of a spell or ability would put a stun counter on enchanted permanent while it is has a stun counter on it, destroy it.
Retrace
Next: Changing creature types
Dedede3669 wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: shullz, Komandon

Based on Kazuyas and Jins Devil Gene (Tekken)

IIW: Cards that hate on legendary cards
YoTed wrote:
2 months ago
Vote: Caspernicus, Dedede3669

IIW: Mortal Kombat
void_nothing wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Marshall Law, Fighting Chef 2RG
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (M)
Whenever you cast a creature spell, create a Food token and an Equipment artifact token named Law's Nunchaku with "Whenever equipped creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it" and equip 2.
Fate of the Dragon - At the beginning of combat on your turn, if Marshall Law has two or more Equipment attached to it, create a token that's a copy of each nonlegendary token you control, then attach up to two Equipment you control to Marshall Law.
3/3
Render
Show
Hide
IIW: Planar Chaos-style colorshifts
Komandon wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: OneAndOnly , netn10 (interesting)

The Dark Hado 1BB
Legendary Enchantment — Aura (rare)
Vanishing 2 (This permanent enters the battlefield with 3 time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.)
Whenever a time counter is removed from The Dark Hado, enchanted creatures counter loses 2 life.
Enchanted creature is a warrior in addition to its other types and gains +3/+0, haste, first strike, menace, wither and most attack each turn if able.
When The Dark Hado is removed from the battlefield, if it wasn't sacrificed, sacrifice enchanted creature.
Retrace (You may cast this card from your graveyard by discarding a land card as an additional cost to cast it.)

IIW: a legendary artifact, land, or enchantment named after legendary creature.
netn10 wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: void_nothing, Komandon

A.K.I, Apprentice of F.A.N.G BR
Legendary Creature - Human Assassin (Mythic)
Prowess
Nightshade Pulse - T: Target player gets a poison counter.
Nightshade Chase - T, Remove a poison counter from target player: A.K.I deals 4 damage to them.
2/2

IIW: Aggro commander
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 months ago
Vote: shullz, Rithaniel

Renata Glasc, Chem-Baroness BB
Legendary Creature - Human Scientist (R)
Ward - Pay 4 life
Bailout - 1: Target creature gains persist until end of turn.
Hostile Takeover - 3BBB, T: Choose target opponent. For each creature they control, they have it deal damage equal to its power its controller or another creature or planeswalker that player controls. Activate only once.
2/2

IIW: Cost reduction that isn't mana
Rithaniel wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: Dedede3669, netn10

(All five options are pieces of fiction that I don't know, and I'm fatigued today, so I'm just voting.)
(As an aside, you folk gotta stop with the microtext. Anything more than 8 lines on the render is pushing it.)
Caspernicus wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: Komandon, OneAndOnly

Zangief's Brutal Philosophy 1rg
Instant (R)
Put two +1/+1 counters on target creature you control. That creature fights another target creature an opponent controls. When that opponent's creature is dealt excess combat damage this way, exile cards from the top of your library equal to the excess. You may play those cards until your next turn.
"Power is Justice!"

IIW: A normal, previously unnamed citizen of Ravnica or something one would be doing
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

shullz

Post by shullz » 2 months ago

Votes: Dedede3669, void_nothing
Comments
Show
Hide
@Rithaniel: I thought 10 was the max number of lines printed on an official magic card. And 9 lines are relatively common. I try to word my cards in a way to not go over that limit. And I usually include a text version, if I think it's hard to read.
But I still should probably cut down more, even if it's hard sometimes.
I know next to nothing about Fallout, so here goes nothing.

IIW: A spell without mana cost (Not )
Last edited by shullz 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Dedede3669
Pronoun: any/all

Post by Dedede3669 » 2 months ago

Edit: I'm a silly goose and forgot to vote. OneAndOnly and void_nothing
Edit 2: Typo coutners → counters

Dreadful Banner
Artifact
When a creature an opponent controls dies, put a quest counter on Dreadful Banner.
Remove three quest counters from Dreadful Banner: Reveal the top card of your library. If you reveal a permanent this way, you may put it onto the battlefield. If you didn't, you may put a permanent from your hand onto the battlefield.
"Our victory shall be swift and honest, purchased in blood."
SPOILER
Show
Hide
IIW: Cards that hate on Legendary cards.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

Votes: KB52665, Ink-Treader

Going with a character that probably isn't getting a card:

Fisto, Amorous Protectron 3B
Legendary Artifact Creature - Robot (R)
Ward - Pay 3 life.
R, T: Fisto fights target creature.
5W: Until end of turn, if Fisto would deal damage to a creature or a creature would deal damage to Fisto, prevent that damage. You and that creature's controller each draw that many cards, gain that much life, and create that many Treasure tokens.
"Please assume the position."
3/3
Render
Show
Hide
IIW: Weirds
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

KB52665

Post by KB52665 » 2 months ago

Votes: Dedede3669, netn10

Megaton
Legendary Land (R)
: Add . If you have the city's blessing, add one mana of any color instead.
Channel4www, Discard Megaton: For each nonland permanent, exile it unless its controller pays . For each creature and/or artifact exiled this way, its controller gets a rad counter. This ability costs less to activate for each legendary creature you control.
IIW: Revamp a legendary creature from Ice Age or before, or a named creature from Arabian Nights

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 2 months ago

Votes: KB25665, Ink-Treader
Nuclear Wasteland
Land
T: Empty your mana pool. Add C.
Players can't cast creature spells.
Creature cards in hand have "Mutate - 3, Gain a poison counter."
Next: Pacifism variants

Komandon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Komandon » 2 months ago

Votes: Dedede3669 , YoTed

Nuka-Cola Wild 1
Artifact — Food
You may have Nuka-Cola Wild enters the battlefield you get two rad counters. Whenever you lose a rad counter you get E.
2, T, Sacrifice Nuka Cola Wild: You gain 3 life.
EEE, T, Sacrifice Nuka-Cola Wild: You gain 6 life.
1, Exile Nuka-Cola Wild from your graveyard: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

IIW: cards that have a static ability as long as they are in your graveyard. For example Wonder

YoTed

Post by YoTed » 2 months ago

Vote: KB52665, Komondon

IIW: Mortal Kombat

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 months ago

Vote: KB52665, void_nothing

I know of Fallout, but I doubt I could do it justice.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 months ago

Votes: KB52665, Dedede3669

After the Fall 4WWW
Sorcery (Mythic)
Return each Saga from card your graveyard to the battlefield.
Put lore counters on each Saga you control until you reach the last chapter of each of them.
You can try to romanticize The Vaults. You can try to be horrified, but you cannot deny their effectiveness, their stories, and their people.

IIW: A card that cost w or a card that cost b

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”