New Challenge Every Day - February 21st: League of Legends/World of Warcraft/Street Fighter/Tekken/Uncharted

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

Today's Challenge: League of Legends/World of Warcraft/Street Fighter/Tekken/Uncharted

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
shullz 51 (+3)
netn10 50 (+6)
Ink-Treader 43 (+2)
Rithaniel 39 (+2)
void_nothing 36 (+0)
OneAndOnly 35 (+2)
Caspernicus 34 (+1)
Komandon 27 (+3)
KB52665 25 (+2)
AnotherAlias 18
somedue1019 13
YoTed 12 (+0)
TessaMTG 7
LandellXil0cent 6
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.

What if an existing legendary creature became a vampire?
shullz wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: Komandon, netn10

Last time we saw her, she was a creature.

Nahiri, Sangromancer
Legendary Creature — Vampire Artificer (M)
As long as an opponent has 10 or less life, Nahiri, Sangromancer has flying and equip abilities you activate cost less to activate.
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, create two blood tokens.
Blood tokens you control are Equipment in addition to their other types and have "Equipped creature gets +2/+0" and equip .
After Sorin had shared his "gift" with her, Nahiri had yet another reason to seek revenge.
5/5

Bonus: I did this one first, but thought the one above made more sense flavorwise.
Show
Hide
IIW: Colorshifted Planeswalkers
Dedede3669 wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: Caspernicus, netn10

inspired particularly by Quintorius, Loremaster.

IIW: Multi-Color Vehicles
KB52665 wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: Caspernicus, netn10

Bloody ol' Squee 1br
Legendary Creature — Goblin Vampire (R)
Lifelink
You may cast Squee for its madness cost whenever it's put into a graveyard from anywhere.
Madness 1br
Squee prides himself in having become the first dead thing to have a surplus of eternal life.
1/1

IIW: Revamp a Legend from Ice Age or before or a named creature card from Arabian Nights.
void_nothing wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: Komandon, netn10

Ardenn, Fallen Relicmaster 1WB
Legendary Creature - Kor Vampire (R)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if it entered from a graveyard or was cast from a graveyard, you may return an Aura or Equipment card from your graveyard to the battlefield attached to that creature.
Ardenn has indestructible and lifelink as long as it has two or more Auras and/or Equipment attached to it.
4WWBB: Return Ardenn from your graveyard to the battlefield.
3/3

IIW: Aliens (the creature type or alien species in general)
OneAndOnly wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: KB25665, Komandon
(Selecting at random...)
Rofellos, Dark Emissary -- B(B/G)G
Legendary Creature - Vampire Elf {R}
When Rofellos, Dark Emissary enters the battlefield, for each non-Vampire Elf you control, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature, lose one life, and it becomes a Vampire in addition to its other types.
T: Add B for each Vampire you control.
3/2
Next: Changing colors
Caspernicus wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, netn10

Ludevic, Undying Mephistophelian ubr
Legendary Creature — Vampire Wizard (R)
Lifelink
Zombies and Vampires you control have flying.
Whenever you gain life, you may return target creature card with mana value less than or equal to the amount of life you gained from your graveyard to the battlefield with a finality counter on it. It's a Zombie Horror in addition to its other types. This ability only triggers once each turn.
2/3

IIW: Card based on a household object
YoTed wrote:
2 months ago
Vote: Shullz, KB25665

IIW: Card must have two of these abilities: Hellbent, Delirium, Afflict, or Madness.
netn10 wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, OneAndOnly

Nagao, Unshackled by Nano-Blood 2WB
Legendary Artifact Creature - Vampire Samurai (Rare)
Persist
At the beginning of your end step, if you didn't modify Nagao, sacrifice it.
Whenever you modify another creature, destroy it, then put a +1/+1 counter on each Samurai creature you control and a +1/+1 counter on each Vampire creature you control.
3/3

IIW: Fallout
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 months ago
Vote: shullz, Rithaniel

Slimefoot, Everthirsting BBG
Legendary Creature - Vampire Fungus (R)
Lifelink
Put a -1/-1 counter on another creature you control: Slimefoot, Everthirsting gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
2, Exile a creature card or a land card from your graveyard: Create a 1/1 green Saproling token.
2/3

IIW: Cost reduction that isn't mana
Rithaniel wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: OneAndOnly, netn10

Archelos, Lagoon Deacon
Legendary Creature - Turtle Vampire R
As long as Archelos, Lagoon Deacon is untapped, distribute damage that would be dealt to you among untapped creatures you control.
As long as Archelos, Lagoon Deacon is tapped, damage that would be dealt to creatures you don't control is deal to that creature's controller instead.
"Death . . . is not . . . a race."
2/4

IIW: Legendary Turtle or Legendary Praying Mantis
Komandon wrote:
2 months ago
Votes: shullz , Rithaniel

Feldon, Heart Lost 1BR
Legendary Creature — Vampire Warlock (rare)
Haste
T: Add B or R. This mana may not be used to cast spells from your hand.
Whenever one or more creatures you control dies you may exile the top card of your library. You may play that card until the end of your next turn.
"In a final search to bring back his beloved Loran, Feldon sold his soul to a demon in disguise promising to teach him a sixth color of magic. There was no such magic and he now wonders the land wishing to die with his soul returned to be with Loren again.
2/3

IIW: a party like mechanic with other creature types.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

KB52665

Post by KB52665 » 2 months ago

Votes: InkTreader, Rithaniel

Gill, Heterochrome Adonis uurr
Legendary Creature — Demigod Warrior (M)
Prowess
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, if it's blue, add and Gill deals 1 damage to target opponent. If it's red, add and scry 1.
Whenever Gill attacks, add ur, then exile the top card of your library. You may cast it.
4/3

IIW: Revamp a legendary creature from Ice Age or earlier, or a named creature card from from Arabian Nights.

shullz

Post by shullz » 2 months ago

Votes: netn10, KB52665 (But actually too many great ones to choose from)
@netn10: This triggers some nostalgia in me. Always loved Kamigawa. Had that guy in my crappy samurai deck, my favorite deck at the time.

I don't play any of these games, but played quite a bit of Warcraft 3 back in the day and this character is in WoW, too.

Sylvanas Windrunner, Ranger-General
Legendary Creature — Elf Archer
Reach
Whenever Sylvanas Windrunner, Ranger-General attacks, she deals damage equal to the number of attacking creatures to target creature with flying defending player controls.
Whenever Sylvanas Windrunner, Ranger-General blocks, she deals damage equal to the number of blocking creatures to target attacking creature with flying.
Disturb (You may cast this card from your graveyard transformed for its disturb cost.)
3/3

Sylvanas Windrunner, Dark Ranger
() Legendary Creature — Elf Spirit Archer
First strike
, Pay 1 life: Sylvanas Windrunner, Dark Ranger deals 1 damage to target creature.
Black Arrow — Whenever a creature dealt damage by an Archer you control this turn dies, put it onto the battlefield under your control with a finality counter on it. It's a black Skeleton in addition to its other colors and types and gains decayed.
If Sylvanas Windrunner, Dark Ranger would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile her instead.
4/3

IIW: Universes Beyond: Pokemon
Last edited by shullz 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 2 months ago

Votes: netn10, Ink-Treader
Stop Poking Me! -- B
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant permanent
If the effect of a spell or ability would tap enchanted permanent while it is tapped, exert it.
If the effect of a spell or ability would exert enchanted permanent while it is exerted, detain it.
If the effect of a spell or ability would detain enchanted permanent while it is detained, put a stun counter on it.
If the effect of a spell or ability would put a stun counter on enchanted permanent while it is has a stun counter on it, destroy it.
Retrace
Next: Changing creature types
Last edited by OneAndOnly 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Dedede3669
Pronoun: any/all

Post by Dedede3669 » 2 months ago

Votes: shullz, Komandon

Based on Kazuyas and Jins Devil Gene (Tekken)

IIW: Cards that hate on legendary cards

YoTed
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by YoTed » 2 months ago

Vote: Caspernicus, Dedede3669

IIW: Mortal Kombat

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Marshall Law, Fighting Chef 2RG
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (M)
Whenever you cast a creature spell, create a Food token and an Equipment artifact token named Law's Nunchaku with "Whenever equipped creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it" and equip 2.
Fate of the Dragon - At the beginning of combat on your turn, if Marshall Law has two or more Equipment attached to it, create a token that's a copy of each nonlegendary token you control, then attach up to two Equipment you control to Marshall Law.
3/3
Render
Show
Hide
IIW: Planar Chaos-style colorshifts
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 2 months ago

Votes: OneAndOnly , netn10 (interesting)

The Dark Hado 1BB
Legendary Enchantment — Aura (rare)
Vanishing 2 (This permanent enters the battlefield with 3 time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.)
Whenever a time counter is removed from The Dark Hado, enchanted creatures counter loses 2 life.
Enchanted creature is a warrior in addition to its other types and gains +3/+0, haste, first strike, menace, wither and most attack each turn if able.
When The Dark Hado is removed from the battlefield, if it wasn't sacrificed, sacrifice enchanted creature.
Retrace (You may cast this card from your graveyard by discarding a land card as an additional cost to cast it.)

IIW: a legendary artifact, land, or enchantment named after legendary creature.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 months ago

Votes: void_nothing, Komandon

A.K.I, Apprentice of F.A.N.G BR
Legendary Creature - Human Assassin (Mythic)
Prowess
Nightshade Pulse - T: Target player gets a poison counter.
Nightshade Chase - T, Remove a poison counter from target player: A.K.I deals 4 damage to them.
2/2

IIW: Aggro commander

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 months ago

Vote: shullz, Rithaniel

Renata Glasc, Chem-Baroness BB
Legendary Creature - Human Scientist (R)
Ward - Pay 4 life
Bailout - 1: Target creature gains persist until end of turn.
Hostile Takeover - 3BBB, T: Choose target opponent. For each creature they control, they have it deal damage equal to its power its controller or another creature or planeswalker that player controls. Activate only once.
2/2

IIW: Cost reduction that isn't mana
Last edited by Ink-Treader 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 2 months ago

Votes: Dedede3669, netn10

(All five options are pieces of fiction that I don't know, and I'm fatigued today, so I'm just voting.)
(As an aside, you folk gotta stop with the microtext. Anything more than 8 lines on the render is pushing it.)
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Caspernicus

Post by Caspernicus » 2 months ago

Votes: Komandon, OneAndOnly

Zangief's Brutal Philosophy 1rg
Instant (R)
Put two +1/+1 counters on target creature you control. That creature fights another target creature an opponent controls. When that opponent's creature is dealt excess combat damage this way, exile cards from the top of your library equal to the excess. You may play those cards until your next turn.
"Power is Justice!"

IIW: A normal, previously unnamed citizen of Ravnica or something one would be doing
Commanders: Zaffai, Thunder Conductor, Denethor, Ruling Steward
Pet Cards: Etali, Primal Storm, Creative Technique
When doubt does stride with iron-laden foot
and chooses take my pride in my own self,
in ragged chains drag I to hell from wealth
and broken, wear’ly slog through ashen soot.
Doubt’s trumpet sounds, that full religious toot
which howls in pompous, mocking, vibrant health
as I run far away, in fear 'f myself,
and chase away the day I end kaput.
But even in the hand of vill’nous doubt,
I know I’ll rise above in victory.
And even when I’m hit with doubter’s clout,
I have no doubt I’ll see that sun-kissed sea.
For even when some faith in me I lack,
I know — in time — I can my doubt attack.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”