Poison Sure Has Come a Long Way

Boros_Blendo
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Boros_Blendo » 2 months ago

It all started back in Legends with the humble Pit Scorpion and Serpent Generator. Poison as a wincon was not only janky and improbable, it was only pursued by people in stores that wanted to make you look bad by beating you with it. Then, Mirrodin block happened. Infect and Proliferate took poison from janky-nth-degree to a mainstream alternate wincon. Whether Phyrexian or not, there are now many ways to do it, and I love me a good poison deck.

The deck I'm submitting is one I've had for quite a while, and it's undergone many changes. It used to have Glistening Oil, but the act of compleation took too darn long. I recently added cheaper - and more - infect critters like Glistener Elf, then brought the Massacre Wurm home to a Phyrexian deck to give me a second option versus go-wide decks that clog the lanes and keep you from getting through. Either I clear the lanes, or I kill the person outright from loss of life. Either way, it's all grins for Phyrexia.

Post your version of a poison deck here, and let the apothecary shop open. Thanks!

Spreading The Disease

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Diz
Griever
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Diz » 2 months ago

I do love me some poison counters. I think UG Infect is a deck I'd enjoy playing in Legacy, personally - at least, if Trops weren't so expensive, anyway!

Boros_Blendo
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Boros_Blendo » 2 months ago

You know, blue/green has so much proliferation, I use it now in my Prime Speaker Zegana edh along with graft creatures, but I'd never actually considered U/G poison. How does that work as a basic deck-shell, exactly? Is it a grindy-proliferate, or an explosive infect-in-your-face approach like I have above?

Diz
Griever
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Diz » 2 months ago

Boros_Blendo wrote:
2 months ago
You know, blue/green has so much proliferation, I use it now in my Prime Speaker Zegana edh along with graft creatures, but I'd never actually considered U/G poison. How does that work as a basic deck-shell, exactly? Is it a grindy-proliferate, or an explosive infect-in-your-face approach like I have above?
It's basically Glistener Elf, Inkmoth Nexus, and Blighted Agent with free and cheap pump spells, usually intended for a 1- or 2-turn kill.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”