Posts and Comments in CCC Card Comments spamming front page

WizardMN
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 2 months ago

Is there something going on with the CCC section of the forum? It looks like there is a ton of spam from custom cards but nothing actually has any comments on it. And, if you look at the users apparently commenting, it just shows the text "CardInfo" or "CardLore".

Also, is Vrgrb a non-person user on the forum that is supposed to handle the card displays and data? I noticed that it goes back a long time but it started off dealing with normal cards. And clicking on their post history links just brings you to the card. It is odd because this "user" has over 220,000 posts (all of which seem to be card related?) and this number throws off everyone's percentages of their forum posts. I am guessing not many people look at this but it just seemed odd for something like this to be counted in those stats.

In any case, the spamming means that no new posts or threads stay on the main page longer than a few minutes thanks to all these threads popping up with no real content being added. Nearly all of them have 2 replies (but no actual replies if you go into them) and 0 views suggesting something is wrong.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 2 months ago

It makes harder to keep up with actual discussion since the "Active" page is getting flooded costantly

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

So these are placeholder posts allowing users to put in extra info and lore for their custom cards by editing in the card maker. If an edit is done this way, the placeholder will say whatever info or lore was input. Here is an example of what that'd look like from my own custom Universes Beyond Jumpstart set.
WizardMN wrote:
2 months ago
Also, is Vrgrb a non-person user on the forum that is supposed to handle the card displays and data?
Yup, Vrgrb is a bot who takes care of card-related matters (among other things). This has incidentally made them the most prolific poster on MTGNexus by far. The bots working behind the scenes on this site are all homunculus themed!

As for these posts showing up in active topics... they should actually be hidden from most users. Getting the active tab to display properly - that's a job for @Feyd_Ruin.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 2 months ago

When I fixed the ability to report comments, it opened all the comment forums for showing up in the active/search/etc.
Let me see if I can get it back to normal.

EDIT: Comments peaking through should be fixed now.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”