Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 month ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
1 month ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
That's funny coming from the person who just said in the unreleased cards that wish could come true of Eldrazi titans being brought back to get jaces wishes of resetting the multiverse. Though that's kind of hard since Ulamog and kozilek are dead it's not like he try's to undo that just to bring them back.

Though funny thing is I did have a tin foil hat minorly that the "Space opera" plane could be eldrazi home related.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I didn't say that at all?? benjameenbear is the one who said they wished "Loot will accidentally unlock the Eldrazi's and they'll eat up everything and reset MTG to where it should be."

I posted in reply that benjameenbear might actually get the MtG reset they wanted; I didn't agree with the idea Loot can open portals wherever they want.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 1 month ago

Oh and I took another look
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I don't think we can conclude Jace and vraska are the bad guys of this arc just yet

Yes it seems Jace intentions when he activated the sylux is still in his mind.

But the whole restart thing it part of the motive of Jace and vraska are scared that villains will use the omenpaths do similar stuff that the phyrexians/nicol bolas would do to their advantage.

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 month ago

Just my thoughts (spoilers for length);

The main stories
Show
Hide
Again its shown 5-6 chapters isn't enough space for the stories to shine and from MKM it shows 10 chapters really should be the minimum for the stories to both let the pacing flow better and to give us more character/ emotional beats. If wotc wants to keep doing these stories with large casts and showcase their characters then they need more space to give us those character moments that make people fall in love with them, which we aren't getting enough of with the word count atm.

That said, I enjoyed Annie and Kellan as our protagonists and I hope to see them pop up again (as I do feel like we seen the last of Kellan for the moment) and Oko was an awful bastard I hate him (aka author did a good job showing hes a scumbag). The plot itself was mostly predicable but the Jace twist made up for it and in theory a simple story would be a good way to show off character moments. Tinybones and Rakdos also stole the show in their ...friendship? Romance? anyways I hope Tinybones and his family get to move to Ravnica and become high ranking Rakdos members ^.^.

The pose was great in of itself, they have really been getting some great writers, they just need more word counts.

I'm gonna wait for the planeswalker guild to say more but so far I will say I do think Thunder Junction is gonna rank kinda low in my overall favorite planes BUT I did think it work perfectly for the ancient aliens feel the Fomori have going (as aliens often feature in Weird West stories) and ties together nicely with some of the stuff we saw in Ixalan.

Epilogue
Show
Hide
Hands down some of the best magic fiction overall with Alison showing she knows and loves these characters so well. The call backs, emotional beats, the humor, all over it was great and I hope they bring her back in when she is able to make it work.

Biggest thought is I do feel like it worked for how the two decompleated themselves. We saw that compleated planeswalkers do have a bit of true selves as they still had souls to hold their sparks and makes sense that Jace as a telepath and Vraska with the "trap door" Jace made her would be able to keep their own minds more. And of big note Jace had the halo from Luxior that help him keep enough of himself together in order to seal off this true mind from corruption (which imo also goes back and makes New Capennas story more important). And I do like that even with this Jace and Vraska still pretty much could not control themselves until (from what I guessed) Phyrexia was phased out/Norn was killed and the signal was lost. Finally while I personally would like to see of most of the post-compleated walkers have more visible showing of what they went through, I felt the use of a phoenix feather as a way to both be a magical organ repalcement as well as the metaphore for what Jace and Vraska have planned works. Honesty now the only compleated walkers I don't like is Nahiri, with Ajani/Nissa and Jace/Vraska making more sense in how they where healed.

And oh boy I do feel like we are heading to Jace and Vraska as antagonists and there are so many way it can go (and even these oculd mix). We could see their plan ultimately hurting many to work, Loot growing dangerous or otherwise becoming a force that Jace and Vraska ended up unleashing or the Fomori being enable to return.

In another place I saw someone say this also could lead to magics version of civil war, with maybe many desparked planewalkers (like Ob and Rowan) joining Jace and Vraska side in hopes that they can regain their sparks while others (like Chandra and Nissa) will stand against them having learned that they need to accept this new multiverse. Would also be a good reason for the desparking to happen since they would do a Wots like set with less planeswalker cards but with the desparked there as legendary creatures.

That said for this moment, the little family of a telepath, a gorgon and a alien GPS is happy and I hope things don't end up too bad for them overall.

The Omenpath Arc aka the Kellan arc
Show
Hide
Honesty while there are some weak points, I do think this arc overall worked. Personally I liked Kellan, as Annie said
"The Multiverse is full of people who do bad things for selfish reasons,...But the people who do good and expect nothing in return? I reckon they're worth protecting."
This why I liked Will and Rowan and why I like Ajani, Niko and other similar characters. As a biracial person I really felt Kellans story arc, while I did know my parents and raised in a mixed culture home, my father has passed and I do feel that loss of not being able to just ask him aspect of his side of the families culture.

I do think they need to figure out the balance of "main character/face", the gatewatch leaned a bit into stealing the spotlight while I felt we could have had Kellan more features and showing steps in his character arc during Ixalan. Ravnica was better overall, I do like how we saw him learn to fly I just wish that had been more tied to his own characters growth. I feel like there is a balance there that wotc can get with having recurring characters with Kellan doing a lot better as well being a singel character with a single arc vs the gatewatch each having their own arc that intermixes with other characters.

However the biggest thing positive I felt about this arc was how well it all felt tied together. While Kellan was the front and center character and arc we had Jace and Vraska doing stuff behind the scenes in parallel with Kellan. We had Eldraine introduce Kellan as well as being the first stop Jace as Ashiok made to recruit a person for the heist, Ixalan and Ravnica where steps along the way for Kellan while we saw Vraska reuniting with Breeches and Malcom and Jace learning Profts illusions skills and it all coming to a head in Outlaws. Really good way to let all these stories stand mostly on their own while connectign them all together into an overarching storyline. Makes me really excited to see how the next two arcs shake up and see how all these sets and storylines will ties together.

Anyways until we hopefully get a pw guild and a legends article thats all my thoughts for now.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

5colorsrainbow

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/featu ... r-junction

Legends article, sadly they only feature the crew and the face commanders.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 1 month ago

It's gontis story is were the eyes will be pointed at for important lore
A wealth of stable Omenpaths appeared in and around the city of Ghirapur after the Phyrexian War. The city is poised to become a center—if not the center—of Multiverse trade, travel, and industry. After some arm-twisting, Gonti found their way into an official post as one of the plane's Multiverse emissaries.

Now in their satellite office on Thunder Junction, Gonti works along two tracks. Their first project focuses on advancing Kaladesh's interests on Thunder Junction by promoting its culture and industries. Their second project advances Gonti's own interests on Thunder Junction and back home by promoting their own endeavors and industries. In time, they'll be called back to Ghirapur to report their contracts and findings, but until then, they plan to take advantage of the frontier and all its wild, untapped potential.
It looks like Kaladesh wants a similar thing niv-mizzet wantrs with the omenpaths but the difference is they want it for trading and traveling

So in my opinion big clue to kaladesh being one of three planes for the death race set.

5colorsrainbow

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
1 month ago
It's gontis story is were the eyes will be pointed at for important lore
A wealth of stable Omenpaths appeared in and around the city of Ghirapur after the Phyrexian War. The city is poised to become a center—if not the center—of Multiverse trade, travel, and industry. After some arm-twisting, Gonti found their way into an official post as one of the plane's Multiverse emissaries.

Now in their satellite office on Thunder Junction, Gonti works along two tracks. Their first project focuses on advancing Kaladesh's interests on Thunder Junction by promoting its culture and industries. Their second project advances Gonti's own interests on Thunder Junction and back home by promoting their own endeavors and industries. In time, they'll be called back to Ghirapur to report their contracts and findings, but until then, they plan to take advantage of the frontier and all its wild, untapped potential.
It looks like Kaladesh wants a similar thing niv-mizzet wantrs with the omenpaths but the difference is they want it for trading and traveling
Kaladesh being involved also helps explain the techonlgy the plane is using (such as the trains).
So in my opinion big clue to kaladesh being one of three planes for the death race set.
Eh maybe, I think Kaladesh is likely in the death race set (death race set is very likely a vehicle themed set (and from what Maro has been talking around, a mount set) , Kaladesh was where we got vehicles and this would let them return to Kaladesh while avoiding the issues of last time (aka artifact sets tend to up broken) )

5colorsrainbow

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 weeks ago

No PW guide or more legends info;

My hope is this transitional period means WOTC is giving the creative team more resources, far as am I aware the legends articles and pw guides are not something wotc gives time or money for, its made by creative team staff when they have the free work time to do so.

If/when I have time and want too I'll spell out why more, but Thunder Junction is definitely not my favorite plane and down there along with Zendikar and Ikoria. TLDR: I feel like the plane needs more of its own identity and its handling of native peoples is mixed, though there are some really fun ideas I hope we can see used better in another set (maybe not a full return but as part of magics catalogue of planes).

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 weeks ago

check this out

Akul homeplane is Gastal

that plane has a connection to the twelve shards that Urza went to see many other walkers to try to locate the homeplane/Origin of the Phyrexians

and chances is some of that scorpion dragons are clues for dragon storm arc.
Last edited by CommanderMaster999 5 days ago, edited 1 time in total.

5colorsrainbow

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 5 days ago

Jay Annelli outlined some of the worldbuilding we got glimpses of in the cards flavor text and other public info and put in into together more cleanly explained;
https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/jayannel ... r-junction

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”