OTJ Outlaws of Thunder Junction Worldbuilding and Story

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 1 month ago

yep this definitely feels like its only gonna be 5 chapters then the epilogue

i can suspect kellan will actually succeed and get the key (which melded from the six pieces) and the vault opening is the ending of chapter 5

CommanderMaster999

OUTLAWS OF THUNDER JUNCTION | A PLEASANT FAMILY OUTING by Seanan McGuire
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic ... ily-outing

This Side story is Around Gisa and Geralf we also get to meet the face commander of the "Quick draw" deck Stella.

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 month ago

OUTLAWS OF THUNDER JUNCTION | EPISODE 5: HIGH MOON by Akemi Dawn Bowman
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic ... -high-moon
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

CommanderMaster999

summary
SPOILER
Show
Hide
kellan and akul do their duel

kellan did learn another power but he had no idea how he triggered this one basically he put Akul into a trance and attempted the knockout blow but just when he was about too akul came back to his sense was just about to do the kill but then Ral Zarek and his ambush popped out

Kellan heard oko tell him to pass the key to him he was confused at first but then he looked down and there it was so clearly it fell off during the chaos of the ambush he passed the key right when kellan was about to go up....*WHACK* one of Rals members hit him while dizzy he notice oko and the gang run for it. and then he got whack again and vision went black

Annie wanted to go back and save kellan but she gets the shock of her life that made her snap in anger....it turns out being captured was okos plan THE WHOLE TIME! (tinybones was hiding inside his jacket with the key to the handcuffs) and kellan was the key to do that annie was outrage oko tricked his own son for that (but he had nothing to do with the dual with akul.) and tried her best to win the arguement to save kellan but oko done it again and manipulated her to keep going because if they did that akul would win.

Kellan awakened inside one of those prison carriages and kellan officially came to conclusion that he should have listen to the rumors it was infact true about his father about being manipulative and a trickster and cares for himself but then the shock of his life happens. Ral Zarek knocks out the guards. and releases him. and ral futher convinces kellan oko is a very bad guy on being a lier, a manipulator, and even a murderer.

then kellan apologized for what he did when he first saw his father. but ral zarek understood family is complicated then ral and ral futher convinces kellan oko is a very bad guy on being a lier, a manipulator, and even a murderer. then asked do you really want someone like that in the vault. kellan said no, but said thats defintiely beter than Akul or Bertram Greywater

but then Ral Zarek gave him a lifeline he was almost certain Kellan is on his side and hes giving him a chance to prove him right...hes also trying to get inside the vault. but his purpose is to stash everything from it onto another plane and put them in a different vault but in something that will be closed forever.

kellan knew if he took this he would be betraying oko and his gang.......but........ he knew he didn't own them anything anymore. esstionally meaning. Kellan is chosing to no longer help oko and is going back to team ral so Kellan is Offically back to being a full good guy.
Potenial future
Show
Hide
so Episode 6 or the epilogue THIS is when we see Kellan and Oko dual and i think the winner will get the key

But heres the bad news it's a fairly safe bet the moment the vault gets opened....it goes horribly wrong and just like kaervek suspected that theres a huge risk opening it to cause another "Phyrexian Invasion"/"March of the Machines" type of thing to happen and then we will finally meet the Big Bad Villain!!! of all 3 of the arcs (Omenpath arc, Dragonstorm arc, and the mystery name arc.)

5colorsrainbow

The Gisa and Geralf was neat in that it explores mana bonds and possibly why phyrexia and omenpath travelers might end up having issues (with some unable/not know how to form new bonds with the lands and needing to draw on the lands from their home plane). Also nicely re-shows why planeswalkers have an advantage as their mana bonds stay with them as they planeswalk.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

CommanderMaster999

Unless there's one more side story

Episode 6 clearly we're gonna see the quick draw battle of Kellan and Oko as seen on the collector booster box art

5colorsrainbow

OUTLAWS OF THUNDER JUNCTION | EPISODE 6: THE BALLAD OF THIEVES AND THUNDERSLINGERS by Akemi Dawn Bowman
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic ... erslingers

5colorsrainbow

I did not see the twist of Jace being Ashiok coming. Damn.

CommanderMaster999

5colorsrainbow wrote:
1 month ago
I did not see the twist of Jace being Ashiok coming. Damn.
And also Vraska (also Annie with her power) knew that all along as well so the happy couple were here
SPOILER
Show
Hide
And I can't tell if Jace and Vraska are gonna be the BIG BAD VILLAINS! Or not because they got what they needed from the vault and weird enough ….it was an infant/baby that was in the vault alive in a hyper sleep. Safe to assume the baby is Fomori

So clearly the Eplogue will reveal what the purpose of child is and show the big bad and show what leads to the dragon storm arc
Oh and late to the party… while kellan was staying at Annie's after the whole situation suddenly Amaila arrived on her horse. And was looking forward to making maps of thunder junction along with kellan

All that's left is the epilogue story and I know there's one for two reasons
1. Nothing in episode 6 shows us how we enter the Dragonstorm Arc.
2. Probably to show why Jace and Vraska Did what they need to do to get the important thing in the vault. (though this will probably show how we get to the Dragonstorm arc.)
Last edited by CommanderMaster999 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

5colorsrainbow

Also it seems that the vault isn't gone and maybe even Akul might return.
Kellan grabbed hold of Annie and fled across the sky. The last he saw of the vault was a giant, golden orb all that rock had concealed.

One moment it was there—and then threads of magic wove around the sphere, pulsing at every seam, and the vault shot toward the clouds and vanished from sight.

cheonice
Sand is overpowered.

Post by cheonice » 1 month ago

Urghs, I hoped we got rid of Jace for good... So, was he Ashiok just for this block or are they his alter ego or something like that?

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 month ago

cheonice wrote:
1 month ago
Urghs, I hoped we got rid of Jace for good... So, was he Ashiok just for this block or are they his alter ego or something like that?
I understood he was "disguised" as Ashiok. But not the entire time, Eldraine's story Ashiok, As I understand still was Ashiok, but when Ashiok reached to Eriette, it was Jace, I supose

5colorsrainbow

duducrash wrote:
1 month ago
cheonice wrote:
1 month ago
I understood he was "disguised" as Ashiok. But not the entire time, Eldraine's story Ashiok, As I understand still was Ashiok, but when Ashiok reached to Eriette, it was Jace, I supose
Yeah the current fan thought is that it was the real Ashiok mostly during WOE with Jace disguised as Ashiok when recruiting Eriette and it was Jace during Outlaws. Nothing for sure yet though and likely a mystery for a future story.

Also 100% willing to bet it was Jace during MKM now too.

CommanderMaster999

5colorsrainbow wrote:
1 month ago
duducrash wrote:
1 month ago
cheonice wrote:
1 month ago
Yeah the current fan thought is that it was the real Ashiok mostly during WOE with Jace disguised as Ashiok when recruiting Eriette and it was Jace during Outlaws. Nothing for sure yet though and likely a mystery for a future story.

Also 100% willing to bet it was Jace during MKM now too.
That's my thoughts as well

How Jace put Annie and the baby Fomori to sleep sounded like the exact description of how Alquist proft fell asleep at the Intrude on the Mind story spotlight.

CommanderMaster999

WHAT THE?!?!?!

5colorsrainbow

The crew of daily mtg said we would be getting two epilogue stories next week.

Seems the Vault has treasure from Ixalan the Fomori had taken and seemly re-create beings as artifacts.

CommanderMaster999

Just as I thought

We will likely see the purpose of Jace and vraska needing the Fomori infant and how we enter the Dragon storm arc.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 weeks ago

OUTLAWS OF THUNDER JUNCTION | EPILOGUE 1: THE INVASION TREE By Alison Lührs
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic ... asion-tree

Part 1 of 2 of the epilogue

This story could be considered as if a side story in "March of the "Machines" this story is basically what happened with Jace + Vraska in the story
TLDR
Show
Hide
Its what happens with him in March of the machines

basically he fights the phyresis the most is actually very close to get inside the phyrexian body a little

reads elesh norns mind and something like "Go home"

and its unmasked what his phyrexian bodies invasion plane was it was to lead the phyrexian invasion on Vryn his homeplane

He does the impossible and cures most of his compleation on his own with his mind but how ever hes very close to dying due to massive bleeding from pulling a few of the eyes in his body (the phyrexian cords)

he goes to ravnica and finds vraskas body on a roof covered in blue (aftermath of Ral Zarek's weapon he used on her, thats why he thought she was dead)

he does one of the hardest things he has ever done in the history of his life....do the exact same thing for vraska

he gets Vraska in the same state as him but both are close to dying, but he realized there was one chance left, another way to "Go home" like he read in elesh norns mind.

he planes walks again holding vraska but further gets more wounded as the phyrexian tubes get ripped in the blind eternites...

he went to Vryn again but in a place described as "whitewashed panel wood, a low ceiling with exposed bare beams, and a homemade bookcase that takes up the entire span of the wall, opposite of which is a long horizontal window that jitters with rain. There's clutter everywhere, and a pair of glasses on top of a pile of books near his face."

but in the room on his back bleeding he finds the last chance and vraska have on living a healer that he knew that could save......and.......that.......person.....is........................his..............................Mother

(story ends there but safe to assume his mother saves them both offically uncompleated and then whatever time happens thunder junction story collides,)

part 2 will probably show what's gonna happen for the dragonstorm arc and Mystery arc, (by the way as of this story i can now officially once and for all lock in the guess the mystery plane we never gone too that's gonna be in Death race set is gonna ve Vryn.)

5colorsrainbow

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 3 weeks ago

Please help us, Mom. I'm so sorry.
I'm sobbing, I can't.

CommanderMaster999

OUTLAWS OF THUNDER JUNCTION | EPILOGUE 2: BRING THE END, PART 2 by Alison Lührs
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic ... end-part-2

Now we get to see why Jace and vraska needed that fomori baby from episode 6

Oh first things first the baby's name goes by "Loot, the key to everything"
The Answer
Show
Hide
Believe it or not loot is basically a map for the entire omenpath system

Oh and this is pretty lame but how we go to the Dragonstorm arc is simply vraska telling Jace about Tarkir and mentions Tea leaves from there.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 weeks ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Are...are the implying Jace wants to straight-up reset the whole Multiverse?
CommanderMaster999 wrote:
3 weeks ago
The Answer
Show
Hide
Oh and this is pretty lame but how we go to the Dragonstorm arc is simply vraska telling Jace about Tarkir and mentions Tea leaves from there.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I don't think our newly-formed family is necessarily headed to Tarkir, Jace just picked up an order of Starbucks from there for breakfast, but nothing indicates it's their next destination.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 3 weeks ago

Ugin is probably going to get involved, but on which side?

CommanderMaster999

Ink-Treader wrote:
3 weeks ago
Huh? … now you mention that this might be a potential key of how bolas/ugin comeback
SPOILER
Show
Hide
What if Loot accidentally unlocks a omenpath to the meditation realm

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 weeks ago

Ink-Treader wrote:
3 weeks ago
He seems like a conservative, in favor of preserving the staus-quo and keeping things as they are, so I'm thinking he'll be against.
3 weeks ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I don't think Loot controls or affects the omenpaths in any way or form, just maps them out.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

CommanderMaster999

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 weeks ago
Ink-Treader wrote:
3 weeks ago
He seems like a conservative, in favor of preserving the staus-quo and keeping things as they are, so I'm thinking he'll be against.
3 weeks ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I don't think Loot controls or affects the omenpaths in any way or form, just maps them out.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
That's funny coming from the person who just said in the unreleased cards that wish could come true of Eldrazi titans being brought back to get jaces wishes of resetting the multiverse. Though that's kind of hard since Ulamog and kozilek are dead it's not like he try's to undo that just to bring them back.

Though funny thing is I did have a tin foil hat minorly that the "Space opera" plane could be eldrazi home related.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”