Meme Deck..All Spells and "No Lands"

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

I've made a meme deck years ago utilizing Balustrade Spy and Undercity Informer to win via literally having a landless deck and milling the entire library for a Dread Return win.
It was of course pretty reliant on having alternative ways to produce non-land mana and this made the deck very inconsistent. It was more for the theory-crafting and not really serious at all.
With the advent of Zendikar Risings transform lands we now have a way to pack in a lot of lands, but they won't be recognized by cards as lands while in the library due to the rules.
Once you mill your whole library you can use a number of ways to potentially win.
Dread Return can be used to put Thassa's Oracle into play.

Goblin Charbelcher is another card that combos with having "no lands" as you can deal damage equal to the number of cards left in your deck. You also get to stack your library anyway you want to as you get to put them back into your library in the order you want.

It makes sense to add other ways to mill your library so we have Cephalid Illusionist that will mill cards when targeted and Lightning Greaves or Nomads en-Kor can target indefinitely.
Hermit Druid with all non-basics will do it.

Even though this is a meme deck, it's full of one or two card combos, so is actually pretty scary to play against, threatening to win with even the slightest opportunity.

Right so the downside of these lands is that you only get to play 6 of each color and 25 of them come into play tapped. It's a pretty slow and inconsistent land base for fixing.
There are some cards for helping this with Realmwright, Joiner Adept, Prismatic Omen, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove, Chromatic Lantern.
Amulet of Vigor also means that those lands come into play untapped.
Root Maze will put you on equal footing with lands with your opponents.

So do the 30 modal spell/lands have any synergy as spells in the deck? Well it is a bit of a ragtag mix of spells. But at the end-of-the-day the deck is 99 spells, so given this you will have more cards to cast potentially than opponents.
The deck can leverage off this by getting a Omniscience into play off probably Academy Rector, so that you can freely cast these spell, no matter how minor an impact for value.
Dream Halls can be used in the same way, and with realistically 30 more colored cards than opponents you will have more cards to match up than most.
Trade Routes can return your lands if you want to later on cast them for the spell portion.

I also wanted to use Bolas's Citadel as often a sticking point can be the one land per turn limit preventing a big turn. With all spells you can keep going for as much life as you have.

All Spells and "No Lands"

Combo #2

Combo #4

Artifacts

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by darrenhabib 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

plushpenguin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by plushpenguin » 3 years ago

You beat me to this idea.

Mine was in testing today when you posted this.

Oh well. Great minds think alike.. Or in this case, more like unhinged..

I was using Jegantha, the Wellspring instead because the mana in this deck is absolutely horrendous.

Also, I found out the hard way that using D Consultation to try and find belcher is... not the best of ideas.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 3 years ago

Kudos for trying to make Oops All Spells work in EDH - the concept is just so silly that I occasionally bust the Legacy original on Cockatrice.

Might be worth to run Gravecrawler over Bloodghast in the Dread Return package? This way you just need access to five mana, landfall be damned, to pop off with a Balustrade Spy variant - the unearthed Fatestitcher untaps the mana and counts as a zombo for Gravecrawler purposes.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”