Kynaios & Tiro of Meletis - Landfall combo

cryogen
GΘΔ†
Pronoun: he / him

Post by cryogen » 3 years ago

Pretty self-explanatory. Play lands, be degenerate. Slight subtheme with elementals, since I decided early on to run most of the Omnaths.
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 3 years ago

I'm curious, why Eureka Moment over Growth Spiral? Honestly, I expected both in a landfall deck.

Ha, I thought of doing the ol' Perilous Forays durdle engine with Scute Swarm/Rampaging Baloths and company in my Karametra, God of Harvests deck but decided I was being silly enough with my commander plus Whitemane Lions. Glad to see it's getting love. Shame you can't play it with Bloodghast here.

Ok, last question: what's your favorite card in the deck and why is it Mystic Reflection? Gosh I love that card.
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

Zerro
Tweaker of Decks

Post by Zerro » 3 years ago

Love the deck! It seems really solid at a glance but please let me know how it plays. Cards that i am especially interested in knowing how they perform are Faith's Reward and Geode Rager. Looking forward to hearing about the way the deck plays.
Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper // Tymna the Weaver
Nethroi, Apex of Death
Ghired, Conclave Exile
Alibou, Ancient Witness
Ephara,God of the Polis
Neyith of the Dire Hunt
Eligeth, Crossroads Augur // Siani, Eye of the Storm
Renata, Called to the Hunt
Neheb,The Eternal

kraus911

Post by kraus911 » 3 years ago

I. have a similar deck, same general, and I like Cavalier of Flame for card draw, beats, and a possible finisher with that last trigger. I have a lot more put lands back and forth from the gy than you do so more synergy there, but still might do work in your deck. Also an elemental. . Nice list!

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 3 years ago

MeowZeDung wrote:
3 years ago
I'm curious, why Eureka Moment over Growth Spiral? Honestly, I expected both in a landfall deck.
Uh, not sure. I know since EM is new I wanted to try it and figured the draw 2 would be more relevant late game.
Ok, last question: what's your favorite card in the deck and why is it Mystic Reflection? Gosh I love that card.
Haven't actually cast it yet. Favorite card is probably Geode Rager because I absolutely *love* the goad mechanic. The MVP is probably the very boring Amulet if Vigor though.
Zerro wrote:
3 years ago
Love the deck! It seems really solid at a glance but please let me know how it plays. Cards that i am especially interested in knowing how they perform are Faith's Reward and Geode Rager. Looking forward to hearing about the way the deck plays.
Thanks! So far it has done well enough. Last game I early game cast Approach and then intentionally cracked a fetchland. That backfired because then instead of "knowing" when it was coming back around I got targeted since there was no way of knowing. Geode Rager gave me some breathing room, and then a top deck Constant Mists saved my bacon until I could draw Approach again much later. I'm still learning all the combo lines and the deck pushes the lines of my playstyle as well as the power level of our stream, so I don't play it very often.
kraus911 wrote:
3 years ago
I. have a similar deck, same general, and I like Cavalier of Flame for card draw, beats, and a possible finisher with that last trigger. I have a lot more put lands back and forth from the gy than you do so more synergy there, but still might do work in your deck. Also an elemental. . Nice list!
Thanks! I can't remember if I considered Cavalier when I was searching all the elementals. I'll have to revisit it though.

======

List hasn't been reflected yet but I added Sakashima to combo with a bounceland and the landfall token makers. I'll alsoake changes for MH2, notably the new 3cmc Lotus Cobra that makes treasure tokens.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 2 years ago

Made a few changes to the deck, notably adding Vesuva and Valakut. I have been pleased with how its performed. Haven't picked up any MH2 yet so no changes on that front.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”