Cost this effect (big splashy Black draw sorcery)

mosskirin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by mosskirin » 4 years ago

This is an idea that I had when thinking, "How would Contract from Below be balanced differently if it didn't involve ante?"

Blood Pact ver, A
(Black)
Sorcery
Exile your all cards in your hand, then draw 7 cards and your life total becomes 7.

Blood Pact ver. B
(Black)
Sorcery
Exile your all cards in your hand, then draw 7 cards and lose 7 life.

Of course, they'd probably cost a bit. Infernal Contract is one frame of reference. I was thinking something like 2BBB, 4BB, Maybe if people felt the need for symmetry in numbers, it could draw 6 and set/lose 6 life for 5B.
Pauper Fanatic - The best format

I'm 28% Green - 24% Black - 21% Red - 15% White - 12% Blue

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 4 years ago

mosskirin wrote:
4 years ago
This is an idea that I had when thinking, "How would Contract from Below be balanced differently if it didn't involve ante?"

Blood Pact ver, A
(Black)
Sorcery
Exile your all cards in your hand, then draw 7 cards and your life total becomes 7.

Blood Pact ver. B
(Black)
Sorcery
Exile your all cards in your hand, then draw 7 cards and lose 7 life.

Of course, they'd probably cost a bit. Infernal Contract is one frame of reference. I was thinking something like 2BBB, 4BB, Maybe if people felt the need for symmetry in numbers, it could draw 6 and set/lose 6 life for 5B.
Ver. A: I'd start around 4BBB.

Ver B: That feels more like 7BB.

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

Assuming we are just going for the largest black draw at the cheapest price possible:

Final Contract BBBBB
Sorcery
Exile your hand and graveyard. You can't gain life for the rest of the game.
Draw 6 cards. Your life total becomes 6.

Infernal Contract is fairly broken so it is a cautionary tale rather than a guideline.

If you want a cost on your cards
Ver A 5BB
Ver B 5BB
A better fit for such a large effect in black is being targeted. Because while 2 life can finish off an opponent 7 life should finish off an opponent.
Cruel Contract 4BBB
Sorcery
Target player draws seven cards and loses 7 life.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

At seven mana the version that can force anyone to take it is really neat. If you just want a "Contract with Griselbrand" - that might be a good name actually - then given that you can just draw seven cards for seven mana (Overflowing Insight) you could cost version two at maybe 3BBB without making it truly overpowered.

Version one, being a personal Sway of the Stars, doesn't feel monoblack (maybe not black at all), and may in fact be the stronger version; not only does setting your life total sometimes result in less life loss, it can also be a net life gain. I would honestly cost such an effect at 4WUB or 4URW.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”