[MKM] Maro Teaser's for Murder's at Karlov manor

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 months ago

Link
First up, here are some things you can expect:

• white gets a card that lets you play a subset off the top of the deck

• a new enchantment subtype Case Answer: it basically has a ability, it has a condition in the middle area, and you get the reward effect (possibly static) if you archive it. (Ps maro said they been trying to do something like this since OG Zendikar basically this is what Quest was suppose to be in the first place.)

• a card with four different hybrid symbols in its mana cost

• a popular mechanic returns tweaked with a new name Answer: "Diguise" the popular mechanic is "Morph" the tweak is the Face down side throws in "Ward 2"

• a green sorcery that you can have any number of in your deck

a keyword mechanic not printed in a premier set since 2008 returns on a single card Answer: "Massacre girl, Known killer" she gives all creatures you control…Wither (creatures deals damage to creatures in the form of -1/-1 counters.)

• a creature that allows you an alternate nonmana cost for all your spells

• some creature tokens in the set: (note that some have abilities) 0/0 green Ooze, 0/0 colorless Thopter (also artifact), 0/1 green Plant, 1/1 black Bat, 1/1 white Dog, 1/1 red Goblin, 1/1 white Human, 1/1 blue Merfolk, 1/1 white and black Spirit, 1/1 colorless Thopter (also artifact), 2/1 black Skeleton, 2/1 black and green Spider, 2/2 white and blue Detective, 2/2 red Imp, and 5/5 green and white Wolf

And yes, Murder is in the set
answer
Show
Hide
It's a lore spoiler in episode 2 is why this is spoiler

The art for murder is zegana's corpse on a bunch of guild coats in Episode 2 pictures.
Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:

"Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, if its toughness was less than 1, draw a card." Answer: "Massacre girl, Known killer"

• "Choose any number of target players."

• "Creature cards in your graveyard gain 'You may cast this card from your graveyard' until end of turn."

• "Then sacrifice it if it has five or more bloodstain counters on it."

• "you may search your graveyard, hand, and/or library for a card named Magnifying Glass and/or a card named Thinking Cap and put them onto the battlefield."

• "target opponent gains control of any number of target permanents you control."

• "If an ability of a creature you control with power 2 or less triggers, that ability triggers an additional time."

• "As long as there are no cards in your library,"

"If one or more tokens would be created under your control, those tokens plus a Clue token are created instead." Answer: "Case of the pilfered proof" (this is the reward condition of a case case)

• "Whenever you sacrifice a Clue, target opponent gets two poison counters."

Here are some creature type lines from the set:

• Creature – Vedalken Artificer Detective

• Creature – Ogre Cleric

• Artifact Creature – Insect Thopter

• Creature – Lammasu

• Creature – Weird Detective

Creature – Goblin Bard Answer: "Crime Novelist"

• Creature – Viashino Assassin

• Artifact Creature – Clue Fish

• Creature – Elf Crocodile Detective

• Legendary Creature – Mole God

Finally, here are some names in the set:

• Airtight Alibi

• Caught Red-Handed

• Deadly Cover-Up

• Eliminate the Impossible

• Homicide Investigator

• Innocent Bystander

• It Doesn't Add Up

• Person of Interest

• Private Eye

• Scene of the Crime
Last edited by CommanderMaster999 3 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

• white gets a card that lets you play a subset off the top of the deck
This subset of cards could be something like artifacts and enchantments, or Auras and Equipment.

• a new enchantment subtype Case
Waiting to see what the mechanical theme of Cases is.

I feel like this is going to be Ezrim, the archon who leads the Department of Magicological Investigations, and his mana cost will be something like 2{W/U}{W/B}{R/W}{G/W}, and he'll be a big flyer with an ability revolving around Clues. Or his mana cost will be something absurdly high like 8{W/U}{W/B}{R/W}{G/W} but it will be reduced for each Clue and Detective you control.

• a popular mechanic returns tweaked with a new name
Is this going to be bushido but with a name change to be used on any plane?

• a green sorcery that you can have any number of in your deck
The Dragon's Approach cycle continues?

• a keyword mechanic not printed in a premier set since 2008 returns on a single card
Could this be wither?

Hard to tell what kind of cost this would wind up being. Maybe something like granting convoke?

• some creature tokens in the set: (note that some have abilities) 0/0 green Ooze, 0/0 colorless Thopter (also artifact), 0/1 green Plant, 1/1 black Bat, 1/1 white Dog, 1/1 red Goblin, 1/1 white Human, 1/1 blue Merfolk, 1/1 white and black Spirit, 1/1 colorless Thopter (also artifact), 2/1 black Skeleton, 2/1 black and green Spider, 2/2 white and blue Detective, 2/2 red Imp, and 5/5 green and white Wolf
I'm mostly interested in the variable size Thopter (presumably it has a "put X +1/+1 counters on this" clause in the ability that makes it).

• And yes, Murder is in the set
Most thematically appropriate reprint?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

Meanwhile:

• Legendary Creature – Mole God
This could be Anzrag.

• "Creature cards in your graveyard gain 'You may cast this card from your graveyard' until end of turn."
And this could be Kaya's ultimate.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 4 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
4 months ago
I feel like this is going to be Ezrim, the archon who leads the Department of Magicological Investigations, and his mana cost will be something like 2{W/U}{W/B}{R/W}{G/W}, and he'll be a big flyer with an ability revolving around Clues. Or his mana cost will be something absurdly high like 8{W/U}{W/B}{R/W}{G/W} but it will be reduced for each Clue and Detective you control.

• a keyword mechanic not printed in a premier set since 2008 returns on a single card
Could this be wither?
I've heard people theorize Niv-Mizzet for the 4 different hybrids, but I don't think that makes sense personally; it should be someone with a strong connection to one color, and I agree Ezrim is a potential candidate.

I've heard discussion the the tweaked ability could be a morph variant, which is plausible in a set like this.

Wither would fit in with the card that cares about creatures dying with less than 1 toughness, but retrace and especially conspire are strongly flavorful here.

CommanderMaster999

void_nothing wrote:
4 months ago

Could this be wither?
Well I should actually tell you this on the tweaked mechanic it may actually be Morph

Depends if this is a goof or not but on the First look stream for Murders at Karlov manor, There was a minor tidbit on a new mechanic called "Disguise" and all they gave us on that is it interacts with Face down cards. And that's what the naya precon is focused on

And the single card while possible because of the 0 toughness teaser. I personally think it could end up as enormous flavor homerun with either Retrace or Conspire.

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 4 months ago

Ink-Treader wrote:
4 months ago
I've heard people theorize Niv-Mizzet for the 4 different hybrids, but I don't think that makes sense personally; it should be someone with a strong connection to one color, and I agree Ezrim is a potential candidate.
My first thought for '4 different mana symbols' was a new Nephilim. That said, a 5C monocolored creature definitely makes sense for an important guildless creature, so I like the Ezrim theory.

CommanderMaster999

I'm thinking about the 4 hybrid cost thing

What if it's a reincarnation of the nephilim's just like the spirit dragons in kamigawa

Mr_Webman

Post by Mr_Webman » 3 months ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 months ago
"If an ability of a creature you control with power 2 or less triggers, that ability triggers an additional time."
I wonder what color(s) this is going to be in. I hope bant because it will trigger off of almost everything in my Derevi deck lol.
Known as TheGodOfWar91 on MTGSalvation

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 3 months ago

Mr_Webman wrote:
3 months ago
I wonder what color(s) this is going to be in. I hope bant because it will trigger off of almost everything in my Derevi deck lol.
I hope its white or BW

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 3 months ago

duducrash wrote:
3 months ago
Mr_Webman wrote:
3 months ago
I hope its white or BW
Same here. I would be surprised if it weren't Wx, but whether it will be monocolor or multicolor is hard to predict. I'd like to run it in both Teysa and Brago, so I'm hoping for mono-white.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 3 months ago

Mookie wrote:
3 months ago
Same here. I would be surprised if it weren't Wx, but whether it will be monocolor or multicolor is hard to predict. I'd like to run it in both Teysa and Brago, so I'm hoping for mono-white.
You're in luck with Delney, Streetwise Lookout, which looks like a commander with a lot of potential on its own.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 months ago

Now chances are slim but something now occurred to me about the hybrid teaser

(This is story spoiler for those who haven't read)
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Since Oba is the killer (1 part of Trostani)

What if there's a seperate Oba card and that has the hybrid cost of something like this {B/G}{R/G}{W/B}{R/W}

The hybrid cost is the OG Tronsani but incorporating {B/R} to the cost

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 3 months ago

This is Conspiracy Unraveler, which will probably be a big deal for self-mill decks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”