- Untainted
100%
- Uncontaminated
No votes

Total votes: 5

ilovesaprolings
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 months ago

The mechanic is "Spend only mana produced by basic lands to cast this spell." (yeah it's Imperiosaur)
What does sound cooler to an english speaker? Untainted or Uncontaminated?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

Those are both valid words. Untainted gets a bonus as a mechanic name because it's three syllables versus six. For keywords, you should have shorter and pithier names if you can.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 4 months ago

Neither; nonbasic lands aren't contaminated. Adamant has already been taken, but something closer to that, I suppose.

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 4 months ago

Of the two options, I would go with 'untainted' due to it being fewer syllables. That said, I will agree that it feels weird for nonbasic lands to be tainted / contaminated. I'd probably go with something more positive instead - maybe 'primal'? I could see 'pristine'. 'pure', or 'simple' working instead, depending on the flavor.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 4 months ago

I second "primal", but I'd also like to suggest "basal", to tie it in with "basic".
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

Basal would be neat.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ryder

Post by Ryder » 4 months ago

From the already proposed words I like "pure" and "primal". Let me throw in "radical" and "native". Everything depends on the flavor.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”