Terranova: Technosupremacy

ilovesaprolings
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 months ago

EDIT: IMPORTANT! CARD GALLERY HERE (work in progress)
customcards/21404-terranova-techno/?p=1 ... ages&pp=24

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A set heavily inspired by the legend Nyxathid Goes to Town This set as a big tricolor theme and also a nonbasic land&fortifications theme (darksteel garrison for reference). It is meant to be commander-drafted (so playing in 4 players at 40 life) without any partner or similar shenanigans. Players will open 4 packs instead of 3.

This is the skeleton of the set

81 commons
16 colorless
12 white
12 blue
12 black
12 red
12 green
5 multicolors

100 uncommons
15 colorless
12 white
12 blue
12 black
12 red
12 green
25 multicolors

60 rares
10 colorless
5 white
5 blue
5 black
5 red
5 green
25 multicolors

20 mitics
5 colorless (maybe 1 will be pentacolor)
1 white
1 blue
1 black
1 red
1 green
10 multicolors

There will also be a bonus sheet made of 80 cards: 40 will be tricolor legendary creatures (20 rares and 20 mythics) and 40 will be fortifications and nonbasic lands (from various rarities). This will strenghten the set's themes.

I'm trying to follow the new set design rules made after the cancellation of draft boosters. That means less common and a "list" (in my case the bonus sheet) of extra cards appearing in the set.

I will edit the post as long as i create the cards

EDIT: map of the world
SPOILER
Show
Hide
It's kinda messy, but gives the idea
Last edited by ilovesaprolings 1 month ago, edited 3 times in total.

ilovesaprolings

First cards designed will be a cycle of tricolor legendaries. 2 rares and 2 mythics for five tricolor combinations: jeskai, naya, sultai, abzan and grixis.
These legends will be the foundation of the commander draft, but will be accompanied by other 20-25 legendary creatures (most of them bicolor) designed after.

The first combination is jeskai, in this set called KRAM
Kram is all about technology and progress, so its themes are Fortifications and nonbasic lands. The gameplan is mainly control one, aiming to accumulate resources through the combination of nonbasic lands and fortifications to outlast your opponents and win. These are the legendaries:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I hope that the mythic ones are not too strong and i think that the rare one is a little weak.
I have not yet a good idea for the last legendary. Maybe something that sacrificies nonbasic lands for big tokens. I'm accepting suggestions.

EDIT: updated UX03, i'm quite satisfied now. Also made the other legendary
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I think the Kram face legendaries are good, they represent the faction's theme while also providing many different playstyle.

ilovesaprolings

The second combination is naya, in this set called UMYUK
Umyuk is the opposite of Kram. Umyuk people are all about living in the nature, being part of the ecosystem, both as predators and as preys. So they are all about basic lands.
This faction mechanic is "Uncontaminated", which means "spend only mana produced by basic lands to cast this spell". It's basically Imperiosaur: the mechanic.
Since making a whole faction about a drawback mechanic sucks, Uncontaminated won't be as prevalent as other mechanics, it's just here to enforce the basic-lands-matter theme. The theme will be executed by other, more lax effects.
EDIT: Uncontaminated was renamed "Untainted" because it sounds cooler.
The gameplan is to ramp basic lands. You can either ramp into fatties (representing dangerous predators) or into small, efficient creatures (representing the Umyuk hunters). To make weenie aggro viable in a commander environment, these creatures will be extremely keyword efficient. Think like Swiftblade Vindicator being a big subtheme in this faction.
To help the small creatures, there will also be an aura subtheme. This will link the Umyuk cards with the abzan cards (abzan is enchatress).
These are the legendaries:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I'm really happy with the naya legends honestly. They are all flexible enough to be built in different ways, letting you use every card and every subtheme of the faction. But they can also be built around with highly synergistic cards.
My only doubt is Cantovenator, i think it's too pushed.
Last edited by ilovesaprolings 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

ilovesaprolings

Update version of UX03, since the first version didn't work with commander rules:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

ilovesaprolings

The third combination is abzan, in this set called QUALLINAR
Quallinar is a mystic forest inhabited by elves, but also dryads, avatars, spirits and other magical creatures. They have been isolated for centuries, but now Kram can dispel their magic wards and is ready to attack the ancient forest.
The faction mechanic is Constellation. Pretty simple. There is also a pretty strong Elf tribal theme.
The faction gameplan is aggro midrange, using abzan attrition cards to transition into lategame successfully.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Abzan legendaries are very different fron nayan ones. They are way more different and specialized. Idk if that's good for the draft environment, but i like them. Skittik is the long lost brother from another mother of Cantovenator, i hope it is not too strong too.

ilovesaprolings

The third combination is abzan, in this set called QUALLINAR
Quallinar is a mystic forest inhabited by elves, but also dryads, avatars, spirits and other magical creatures. They have been isolated for centuries, but now Kram can dispel their magic wards and is ready to attack the ancient forest.
The faction mechanic is Constellation. Pretty simple. There is also a pretty strong Elf tribal theme.
The faction gameplan is aggro midrange, using abzan attrition cards to transition into lategame successfully.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Abzan legendaries are very different fron nayan ones. They are way more different and specialized. Idk if that's good for the draft environment, but i like them. Skittik is the long lost brother from another mother of Cantovenator, i hope it is not too strong too.

ilovesaprolings

The fourth combination is sultai, in this set called DEEPTRENCH
Deeptrench is a really deep sea. In the dark depths countless, enourmous sea monsters swim and feed. Deeptrench include a mangove swamp inhabited by merfolk. Those merfolks cultivates algae and plancton to keep the monsters sated and peaceful... until they need them.
The faction theme is SEA MONSTERS! SEA MONSTERS FOR EVERYONE!
There is also flood counters. In this set, flood counters now automatically have the ruling "A land with a flood counter is an Island in addition to its other types".
There is also a big plant subtheme. Plant tokens are used to survive early game and can be sacrificed for resources.
The faction gameplan is aggro battlecruiser, surviving the early game to steamroll late game with powerful sea monsters.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Sultai legendaries are all monothematic, they all play around sea monsters. BUT they all play with them in a different way. You have go tall/voltron, go wide, support and reanimator.

ilovesaprolings

The last combination is grixis, in this set called KHORR
Khorr is a arid desert. It was home of ancient, powerful kingdoms, but now every natural resources is depleted. Pirates inhabit the land, using magic to navigate the sands as they were water.
The faction theme is Deserts and drought counters. Drought counters have the rulings ""A land with a flood counter is Desert and the ability "T: Add 1" and loses all its other types and abilities".
Flood counters are also present in this faction. There is also a pirate tribal theme and a small treasure subtheme.
The faction gameplan is disruption control, messing with the opponents' lands and winning with evasive creatures.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Grixis legendaries where extremely hard to make, i hope they are good and fun enough.

ilovesaprolings

Modified Krittik to work with the current rules:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Now that the main commanders are ready, i will start to work with the commons.
But first, a little presentation for the last two mechanics. They are general mechanics, not tied to a specific faction.

Storage X (This land enters the battlefield with X storage counters.)
This ability appears on nonbasic lands, because they will often require storage counters to be activated. Those counters are a powerful resource and there will be plenty of ways to interact with them.

Landmass X: If you control X lands, -effect-
Landmass can become Basic Landmass, Forestmass, Islandmass, Desertmass and so on.
This mechanic will be extremely useful to turn draft chaff into something relevant even in late game. It's a way to have strong, efficient creatures while keeping the costs low.

I'm thinking to add Landcycling too but i'm not sure. Maybe there are already too many mechanics?

ilovesaprolings

Here we have some lands:

COMMON LANDS 8/8

Crystal Expanse
Land - Desert
T: Add C.
When Crystal Expanse is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, draw a card.

Development Site*
Land
T: Add CC. Activate this ability only if Development Site is fortified.

Exploited Reaches
Land - Desert
When Exploited Reaches enters the battlefield, create a tapped Treasure token.

Fertile Wastes
Land - Desert
T, pay 1 life: Untap target basic land

Harsh Tundra*
Snow Land - Desert
When Harsh Tundra enters the battlefield, scry 1.

Historical Archives*
Land
T: Add one mana of any color. Spend this mana only to cast a legendary spell or to activate an ability of a legendary permanent.

Mana Storage*
Land
Storage 1
Removage a storage counter, T: Add one mana of any color.

Mining City*
Land
When Mining City enters the battlefield, tap target untapped land you control and put a drought counter on it. (A land with a drought counter is a Desert with "T: Add C." and loses all its other types and abilities.)
T: Add one mana of any color.

UNCOMMON LAND 5/10

Caravan Way
Land - Desert
Storage 1 (This permanent enters the battlefield with one storage counter.)
2, T, remove a storage counter from Caravan Way: Draw a card.

Desolated Battlefield
Land - Desert
3, T, Sacrifice Desolated Battlefield: Destroy target nonbasic land. Its controller creates a Treasure token.

Private Wunderkammer*
Land
Storage 1 (This permanent enters the battlefield with one storage counter.)
T: Add C for every storage counter on Private Wunderkammer.

Rainbow Cavern*
Land - Cave
T: Add one mana of any color. Activate this ability only if Rainbow Cavern is fortified or enchanted.

Secret Room*
Land
Hexproof

*present in the bonus sheet, for an increased chance of opening them

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 3 months ago

Update the previous post with lands.
Now colorless commons, the fortifications

COMMON 8/8

Animating Matrix 1
Artifact - Fortification
XX: Fortified land become a X/X creature until end of turn. It's still a land.
Fortify 1

Bustling Port 2
Artifact - Fortification
Fortified land has "2, T: Put a Storage counter on this land."
Fortify 2

City SHield 1
Artifact - Fortification
Fortified land has hexproof.
Fortify 3

Landscape Accelerator 1
Artifact - Fortification
Whenever you tap fortified land, choose one —
• Remove a counter from fortied land.
• Choose a counter on fortified land. Add another counter of that type on fortified land.
Fortify 3

Mana Refinery 2
Artifact - Fortification
Fortified land has "T: Add one mana of any color".
Fortify 1

Ore Extractor 3
Artifact - Fortification
Whenever Ore Extractor becomes assigned to a land, put a drought counter on that land. (A land with a drought counter is a Desert with "T: Add C." and loses all its other types and abilities.)
Fortified land gains "T: Create a Treasure token."
Fortify 2

Self-Assembling Arsenal 2
Artifact - Fortification
Fortified land has "T: Choose a kind of counter among flying, first strike, deathtouch, lifelink, menace, reach, trample, vigilance, and +1/+1. Put a counter of that kind on fortified land." and "T: Move a counter from fortified land to another target permanent."
Fortify 2

Outpost Reinforcer 3
Artifact Creature - Golem
When Outpost Reinforcer enters the battlefield, put a storage counter on target land.
Whenever you cast a Fortification spell, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
2/2

ilovesaprolings

White Common cards
12/12

Ancestor Guidance 1W
Enchantment - Aura
Flash
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+2 and has first strike.

Banishment Matrix 2W
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant fortified land you control
When Banishment Matrix enters the battlefield, exile target permanent an opponent controls until Banishment Matrix leaves the battlefield.

Exterminator Valkirye 6WW
Snow Creature - Angel Warrior
Flying, double strike, vigilance
4/4

Fortress Technician 1W
Creature - Human Artificer
When Fortress Technician enters the battlefield, if you control a fortified land, draw a card.
Nonbasic landmass 3 — 2W: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. Activate this ability only if you control three or more nonbasic lands.
1/2

Kramite Demystifier 3W
Creature - Human Wizard
When Kramite Demystifier enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact or enchantment.
2/2

Mystic Embrace W
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant basic land or creature
Whenever enchanted permanent becomes tapped, you gain 2 life and scry 1.

Prey-Slay Maneuver 1W
Instant
When you cast Prey-Slay Maneuver, you may tap an untapped creature you control. If you do, tap target creature.
Destroy target tapped creature with power 4 or greater.

Purity Guardian 4W
Enchantment Creature - Spirit
Lifelink
Constellation — Whenever an enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, you gain 4 life.

Quallinar Ancestor 2W
Enchantment Creature - Spirit Elf
At the beginning of yout upkeep, you may reveal any number of land cards from your hand. You gain 3 life for every card revealed this way.
Landmass 5 — Quallinar Ancestor has vigilance and lifelink as long as you control five or more lands.
2/2

Umyuk Lionheart 1W
Creature - Human Warrior
Untainted (Spend only mana produced by basic lands to cast this spell.)
Protection from mana value 3 or greater
2/2

Vale Griffin 2W
Creature - Griffin
Flying, protection from lands
Basic landmass 6 — Vale Griffin gets +3/+3 as long as you control six or more basic lands.
2/2

Windswept Griffin 3WW
Creature - Griffin
Flying
Return a land you control to its owner hand: Exile Windswept Griffin, then return it to the battlefield under your control.
3/3
Last edited by ilovesaprolings 3 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 months ago

So I love the concept of this set, love the factions and themes, and also just love that you're back creating cards. Hopefully I'll post some more individual comments later, but... what immediately jumped out at me was: Exterminator Valkyrie is a COMMON? Nothing wrong with it on a power level basis, but that's something that'd be a little odd to see in high quantities in Limited, not to mention the fact that it has three keywords and has that name and flavor. Uncommon would be just fine, it in no way needs to be rare, but common feels "off".
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

ilovesaprolings

void_nothing wrote:
3 months ago
So I love the concept of this set, love the factions and themes, and also just love that you're back creating cards. Hopefully I'll post some more individual comments later, but... what immediately jumped out at me was: Exterminator Valkyrie is a COMMON? Nothing wrong with it on a power level basis, but that's something that'd be a little odd to see in high quantities in Limited, not to mention the fact that it has three keywords and has that name and flavor. Uncommon would be just fine, it in no way needs to be rare, but common feels "off".
Thank you for your feedback.
It's my first time designing a set, so it's not easy. I have some draft experience, but i want this to be a "true" commander/battlecruiser experience, that's why some choices may seem odd.
First of all, i hope that means you think the other cards are balanced. I had an extremely hard time balancing Mystic Embrace because lifegain is basically irrelevant in a multiplayer, 40 life game.
For a long time i had only 11/12 white commons ready. You can guess it, Exterminator Valkyrie was the last one added. Before her i had this (design took from NyxathidGoesToTown):

Development Plans
Sorcery
Search your library for a nonbasic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.

Buuuuut... it felt a little off as a common. Also i think it will be more fitting for set #2.
So i had Exterminator Valkyrie as an uncommon. I thought that it was a little underwhelming for an uncommon and it was good and generic enough for a common. It can be basically played in any archetype of this set. Kram can use her as a control finisher and Umyuk/Quallinar can enchant her to gain benefit from double strike.
She is also a seed for the next set esper faction (Frigoria, snow matters).
I understand your critique that having too much 8-mana valkiryes going around may be a bad thing, but honestly i don't know what else i should put at common.

ilovesaprolings

Blue Common cards
12/12

Arctic Ichthyosaur 3UUU
Snow Creature - Lizard Leviathan
2U: discard Arctic Ichthyosaur: put a flood counter on target land and an islandwalk counter on target creature.
6/6

Battlefield Shift UU
Sorcery
Return target permanent and all permanents attached to it to its owner's hand

Brilliant Development 2U
Instant
Draw three cards. Then discard two cards unless you discard a nonbasic land or Fortification card.

Dreadful Octopus 3U
Creature - Octopus
Islandmass 4 -- As long as you control four or more Islands, whenever Dreadful Octopus attacks, tap target creature
Landmass 8 --Dreadful Octopus gets +5/+5 as long as you control eight or more lands.
3/3

Herald of Aragus 1U
Creature - Merfolk
Islandmass 1 -- Herald of Aragus has flying as long as you control one or more Islands
T: put a flood counter on target land
1/1

Innovation Researcher 1U
Creature - Human Artificer Wizard
Fortification spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
Activated abilities of Fortifications you control cost 1 less to cast. This effect can't reduce the mana in that cost to less than one mana.
1/2

Makeshift Longboat U
Artifact - Vehicle
Crew 3
Whenever one or more creature crew Makeshift Longboat, put an islandwalk counter on one of them
3/3

Plancton Mulching 1U
Sorcery
Surveil 3. Then, for each creature card you put into your graveyard, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token.
Draw a card.

Repulsive Feedback UU
Instant
As an additional cost to cast this spell, remove a counter from a land you control or pay 1.
Counter target spell.

River Serpent 4UUU
Creature - Serpent
Islandmass 7 -- River Serpent gets hexproof as long as you control seven or more Islands.
7/7

Staunch Corsair 2U
Creature - Human Pirate
When Staunch Corsair enters the battlefield, look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal an artifact or Pirate card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
2/3

Streams Manipulator 2U
Creature - Human Pirate Wizard
When Stream Manipulator enters the battlefield, choose one:
- Untap target permanent
- Tap target creature. Put a stun counter on it.
2/2

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 months ago

ilovesaprolings wrote:
4 months ago
This set as a big tricolor theme and also a nonbasic land&fortifications theme (darksteel garrison for reference). It is meant to be commander-drafted (so playing in 4 players at 40 life) without any partner or similar shenanigans. Players will open 4 packs instead of 3.
I notice your skeleton doesn't go into detail on how you address the big issue for a set "meant to be commander-drafted": Finding the right commander (in the sense of color identity) for the deck you draft. This could easily be a major issue here since you go with three-color factions. In previous sets "partner or similar shenanigans" were a way to address such issues.

Are players expected to draft proper three-color decks or is the goal to go more for two-color decks that probably have some mana fixing for a three-color commander.
EDIT: map of the world
SPOILER
Show
Hide
It's kinda messy, but gives the idea
Gotta love a map. You need a map. : )

ilovesaprolings

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 months ago
I notice your skeleton doesn't go into detail on how you address the big issue for a set "meant to be commander-drafted": Finding the right commander (in the sense of color identity) for the deck you draft. This could easily be a major issue here since you go with three-color factions. In previous sets "partner or similar shenanigans" were a way to address such issues.
"There will also be a bonus sheet made of 80 cards: 40 will be tricolor legendary creatures (20 rares and 20 mythics) and 40 will be fortifications and nonbasic lands (from various rarities). This will strenghten the set's themes."

Maybe i wasn't clear enough, but this was made with Play Booster structure in mind.
A regular pack will have:
7 commons
4 uncommons
1 rare
AND 2 cards from the bonus sheet.

Since the bonus sheet is made 50% by tricolor legendary creatures, there is a high chance to have a guaranted legendary per pack, with some packs having even 3-4 legendaries.
The pick is also single so you can't steal all the legendaries from a single pack, if you open mutiple you have to pass them around.

I'm not sure this will work 100%. I guess i'll have to test. If it doesn't work, i guess that adding 10 tricolor legends at common that can be taken post-draft (like The Prismatic Piper) is the best way to make the set work.

ilovesaprolings

Black cards
Common 12/12

Barrenness Invoker 1BB
Creature - Zombie Wizard
When Barrennes Invoker enters the battlefield, put a drought counter on target land. Then if you control a desert, draw a card. (A land with a drought counter is a Desert with "T: Add C." and loses all its other types and abilities.)
1/1

Bloodflow Channeler 2B
Creature - Merfolk Vampire
B, T, Sacrifice another creature: Add BBB. Spend this mana only to cast creature spells.
2/2

Calamity Bonds BB
Enchantment - Aura
Flash
Enchant creature
When a nontoken creature dies, enchanted creature's controller sacrifice it.

Deathbloom Sprout B
Creature - Plant
Reach
Landmass 5 — Deathbloom Sprout has deathtouch has long as you control five or more lands.
1/2

Decomposing B
Instant
Exile up to three target cards from graveyards. Create a 0/1 green Plant creature token for each land card exiled this way.

Draining Ritual 2B
Instant
As an additional cost to play this spell, put a drought counter on target land you control.
Destroy target creature.

Past Reincarnated 3BB
Sorcery
Return target creature or land card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Quallinar Exhumer 3B
Creature - Elf Cleric
When Quallinar Ritualist enters the battlefield, you may return target Elf or enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.
2/2

Quicksand Runner 1BB
Creature - Human Pirate
Desertmass 1 — Quicksand Runner has menace, deathtouch and lifelink as long as you control one or more Deserts.
2/3

Repurposing Resources 1B
Instant
As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice a creature or land.
Draw two cards. Put a storage counter on target land you control

Rotten Guardian 4B
Deathtouch
Constellation — Whenever Rotten Guardian or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, choose one:
• Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
• Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
4/4

Sandstream Ferryman 2B
Creature - Human Pirate
T: Target creature gains desertwalk until end of turn.
2/1

ilovesaprolings

Red Commons
12/12

Blast Surveyor 1R
Creature - Human Wizard Artificer
Whenever an artifact enters the battlefield under your control, Blast Surveyor deals 1 damage to each opponent. If that artifact was a Fortification, Blast Surveyor deals 2 damage instead.
1/1

Charging Lithosaur 3RR
creature - dinosaur
Whenever Charging Lithosaur attacks, other creatures you control get +2/+0 until end of turn.
5/3

Desert Landlord 3R
creature - human pirate noble
First strike
At the beginning of your end step, if you spent mana produced from a Desert this turn, create a Treasure token.
2/4

Gold-Inlaid Golem R
artifact creature - golem treasure
T: Add R. Spend this mana only to cast artifact spells or activate an ability of an artifact source.
T, Sacrifice Gold-Inlaid Golem: Add one mana of any color.
1/1

Lightning-Strike Huntress 1R
Haste
Lightning-Strike Huntress gets +1/+1 for each Aura and Equipment attached to it.
When Lightning-Strike Huntress dies, it deals damage equal to the number of Auras and Equipments attached to it to target player.
1/1

Nimble Plunderer 2R
creature - monkey pirate mercenary
Haste
Whenever Nimble Plunderer deals combat damage to a player, create a Treasure token
2/1

Umyuk FIresinger RR
creature - human shaman
T: Umyuk Firesinger deals damage equal to its power to any target.
1/2

Level 3R
sorcery
Destroy target nonbasic land and every permanent attached to it.

Risky Expedition 3R
Instant
As an additional cost to cast this spell, discard a card.
Draw two cards and create a Treasure token for every land card in your graveyard.

Sandstorm Blast 2RR
sorcery
Sandstorm Blast deals X damage to each creature and each player, where X is the number of Deserts on the battlefield.

Song of Fire 1RR
instant
Choose one:
• Song of Fire deals 4 damage to target creature. If that creature would die this turn, exile it instead.
• Exile target artifact.

Umyuk Macuahuitl 1R
artifact - equipment
Flash
When Umyuk Macuahuitl enters the battlefield, attach it to target creature you control.
Equipped creature has +1/+1 and has trample.
Equip 2

ilovesaprolings

Green commons
12/12

Adept of the Stars 2G
Enchantment creature - elf druid
When Adept of the Stars enters the battlefield, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target creature and a storage counter on one target land.
Enchanted landmass 3 — 2G: Put a storage counter on target land. Activate this ability only if you control three or more enchanted lands.
2/3

Defend your kin 1G
Instant
Until end of turn target creature you control gains " If this creature dies, you may return all the permanents attached to it to your hand and you may distribute the counters on it among any number of creatures you control". Then it fights target creature you don't control.

Depths Follower 1G
Creature - merfolk cleric
Islandwalk
When Depths Follower enters the battlefield, you may choose another target creature. If that creature is the creature with the greatest power or tied for the greatest power, put a +1/+1 counter and a shield counter on it.
2/1

Elvish Landchanneler 1G
creature - elf druid
T: Add one mana of any color.
T: Untap target basic land.
1/2

Hydroponic Colture 1g
enchantment - aura
Enchant Forest or Island.
When Hydroponic Colture enters the battlefield, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token.
Whenever you tap enchanted land, it produces one additional mana of any color.

Motherbloom Flower 3G
creature - plant
When Motherbloom Flower enters the battlefield, create two 0/1 green Plant creature tokens.
1/2

Predator's Dominance 1G
Instant
Choose one. If you control the creature with the greatest power or tied for the greatest power as you cast this spell, you may choose two instead.
• Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
• Destroy target creature with flying.
• Exile target card from a graveyard.
• Surveil 3.

Quallinar Vanguard G
creature - elf warrior
Trample
Constellation — Whenever an enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, you may have Quallinar Vanguard becomes an X/X until end of turn, where X is the mana value of that enchantment.

Splendid Blooming 1GG
sorcery
Search your library for up to two land cards and reveal them. You may put a basic land card revealed this way onto the battlefield tapped. Put the rest into your hand, then shuffle.

Stalking Creodonta 4GG
creature - cat beast
This spell can't be countered.
Trample
Basic landmass 8 — Stalking Creodonta gets +4/+4 as long as you control eight or more basic lands.

Vigor Guardian 4G
enchantment creature - spirit
Constellation — Whenever Vigor Guardian or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, target creature gains trample until end of turn. That creature must be blocked this turn if able.
4/4

Viper-Fang Hunter 1GG
creature - human warrior archer
Reach
When Viper-Fang Hunter enters the battlefield, you may have it fight target creature you don't control.
3/2

ilovesaprolings

Multicolor commons
5/5

Garden of the Dead 1BG
enchantment
At beginning of your upkeep, surveil 1. Then, you may exile a card from your graveyard. If you do, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token.

Heroic Strike RW
instant
Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains double strike until end of turn.

Might of the Land GW
enchantment - aura
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2.
Basic landmass 6 — Enchanted creature has trample, vigilance and lifelink as long as you control six or more basic lands.

Mindslicer Octopus 3UB
creature - octopus
Whenever Mindslicer Octopus deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card.
5/4

Shattering Backlash UUR
instant
Counter target creature spell. Shattering Backlash deals damage equal to that spell's power to its controller.

ilovesaprolings

Here is the full gallery for the commons:

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 2 months ago

I'm back with white uncommons! 12/12

Banish the Invader 3W
Instant
This spell costs 3 less to cast if it targets a creature attacking you.
Exile target creature.

Cover Watchpost 1WW
Artifact - Fortification
When Cover Watchpost enters, if an opponent controls more lands than you, you may search your library for a Plains card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, attach Cover Watchpost to it, then shuffle.
Fortified land has: "T: Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of Fortifications you control."
Fortify 2W

Farseek Griffin 2WW
Creature - Griffin
Flying
Whenever Farseek Griffin attacks, if defending player controls more lands than you, search your library for a Plains card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle.
2/2

Griffin Nest 3W
Enchant land
Whenever enchanted land becomes tapped, create a 2/2 white Griffin creature token with flying.

Lifebringer Mystic 1W
Creature - Human Shaman
Aura spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
Whenever you enchant a permanent you control, proliferate.
1/2

Mantis-Strike Slayer 2W
Creature - Human Warrior
Vigilance
W, T: Destroy target creature with power 4 or greater. If a creature is destroyed this way, create a Food token.
1/1

Perimeter Defender 2W
Artifact Creature - Golem
You may cast Fortification spells as though they had flash.
Fortified lands you control have ward 1.
1/4

Predatory Supremacy 3WW
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creatures you control have melee. (Whenever that creature attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each opponent you attacked with a creature this combat.)
Totem armor (If enchanted permanent would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and destroy this Aura.)

Puresouls Duelist 1WW
Creature - Elf Warrior
Puresoul Duelist has double strike as long as it's enchanted.
Constellation — Whenever an enchantment enters under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on Puresoul Duelist.
0/1

Venerable Lieutenant 3W
Enchantment Creature - Elf Noble
Lifelink
Whenever you gain life, create a 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature token.
2/2

Windchaser Prodigy 3W
Creature - Human Wizard Artificer
Flying
T: Attach target Fortification you control to target land you control.
2/4

And for last, a weird and spicy new card subtype: an Incursions! Incursions are simple Battles made for multiplayer. You play them and give them to an opponenet exactly as Sieges, but every other player can attack them and gain a benefit. They also don't flip and don't give a bonus for being defeated, just for being damage.

Colonization of Umyuk Savannah 5W
Battle - Incursion
(As an Incursion enters, choose an opponent to protect it. You and others can attack it.)
Whenever a creature deals combat damage to this Battle, that creature's controller may search their library for a Fortification card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle.

ilovesaprolings

Blue uncommons 12/12

Deep Immersion 1U
Instant
Target creature gains hexproof and gets +0/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of Islands on the battlefield. Until end of turn, you may have that creature assigns combat damage equal to its toughness rather than its power.

Flood of Ideas 4U
Sorcery
Choose one:
• Draw a card for each Island you control.
• Draw a card for each Island you don't control.

Fortress Mage 2U
Creature - Human Wizard
When Fortress Mage enters, you may search your library for a Fortification card, reveal that card, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
2/2

Glittering Mirage 1UU
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land.
As Glittering Mirage enters the battlefield, choose a basic land type. Enchanted land is the chosen type and loses every other basic land type it has. Whenever enchanted land becomes tapped, you create a Treasure token.

Inundator Serpent 3UU
Creature - Serpent
Flash
Landmass 7 — When Inundator Serpent enters, if you control seven or more lands, tap all other creatures.
4/4

Man-of-War Sacker 2U
Creature - Merfolk Pirate
When Man-of-War Sacker enters, return target permanent to its owner's hand. If that permanent was a land, its owner may put a land card from their hand onto the battlefield.
2/2

Manaponic Cultivator 3U
Creature - Merfolk Druid Wizard
Whenever you cast a spell, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token.
2/4

Perilous Seas 1U
Enchantment
Whenever you draw a card, put a foreshadow counter on Perilous Seas.
Remove four foreshadow counters from Perilous Seas: Put a flood counter on target land.
Remove eight foreshadow counters from Perilous Seas: Create an 9/9 blue Kraken creature token.

Progressborn 6UU
Creature - Weird Incarnation
Improvise
Flying
Progressborn's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Fortification you control plus the number of fortified lands you control.
*/*

River Hippocamp 1UU
Creature - Horse Fish
Islandwalk
Whenever River Hippocamp attacks, another target attacking creature gains islandwalk until end of turn
2/2

Seize Properties 3UU
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant permanent
Whenever Seize Properties enters the battlefield, enchanted permanent's owner draws a card and create a Treasure token.
You control enchanted permanent.

Thwarting Will 1UU
Instant
Counter target spell.
Landmass 7 — You may pay 0 instead of paying this spell's mana cost if you control seven or more lands.

ilovesaprolings

Black uncommons 12/12

Cultist of the Pitch Black 3B
Creature - Cephalid Warlock
Ward—Pay 3 life.
Krakens, Leviathans, Octopuses, and Serpents spells you cast have delve.
3/3

Cursed Burial Site 4U
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land
Whenever enchanted land becomes tapped, create a 1/1 black Skeleton creature token with "B: Regenerate this creature."

Cursed Relic 1B
Artifact
When Cursed Relic enters, create a Treasure token.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a drought counter on target non-Desert land you control.
Whenever an opponent deals combat damage to you, they gain control of Cursed Relic.

Dune Ambusher 2B
Creature - Human Pirate
Haste, Menace
Whenever Dune Ambusher attacks, you may remove a drought counter from a land you control. If you do, it gains myriad until end of turn.
3/2

Essence of Famine 2B
Lifelink
When Essence of Famine enters, each player sacrifices a creature.
2/2

Ferry to the Underworld 2BB
Artifact - Vehicle
Whenever Ferry to the Underworld deals combat damage to a player, you may sacrifice a creature crewing it. If you do, return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Crew 2
4/2

Floating Carcass 3BB
Creature - Skeleton Leviathan
Menace
When Floating Carcass dies, create create three 0/1 green Plant creature tokens.
6/4

Plague of Sands 1BB
Sorcery
All creatures get -2/-2 until end of turn. Each player puts a drought counter on a land they control.

Port Collector 1BB
Creature - Human Pirate Mercenary
Menace
When Port Collector enters, each opponent discards a card. You create a treasure token for every land discarded this way
3/2

Priestess of the Forgotten 1B
Creature - ZOmbie Shaman
Lifelink
Desert lands you control have "T, Pay 1 life: Add one mana of any color."
2/2

Profane Outcast 4BB
Creature - Elf Horror Warlock
Constellation — Whenever an enchantment enters under your control, each opponent loses life equal to the number of Elves you control.
Cycling 2B (2B, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
When you cycle Profane Outcast, create two 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature tokens.
4/6

Usurp Power 2BB
Instant
Exile target creature or land. Move all counters from that permanent onto another target permanent of the same type.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Set Creation”