3 months ago
CommanderMaster999 wrote:
3 months ago
You sure about that?
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Because on Reddit someone pointed this out

Turns out it was staring us right in the face of Tronsani being the culprit… right there in Episode 1 (I'm not kidding)
SPOILER
Show
Hide
It all comes down……..
To this picture.

Why? ….. the one yellow flower on it's shoulder.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Sorry, but what am i to know of the yellow flower? Are you saying that this is a "clue" that the culprit is selesnyan, and the three flower pistils an implication?

Is it the fact that they put a selesnyan creature art in the story in the first place?

Idk much about Rav in depth so im just asking, and thanks

And well done 😆
SPOILER
Show
Hide
the flower is the murder weapon (that had the mysterious mind control pollen)

Remember in episode 8 proft ask to interview Kaya (which is a roost) and bided his time to bait out Oba to try to use the flower trick on Kaya to try to kill him again then he captured the pollen and the flower and said. (Paraphrasing) "That settles it I just solved the case I now have to proof of who the killer is."

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 months ago

Episode 10
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic ... s-of-decay
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Hi ghost Teysa. And thanks for stopping Oba's rein of terror.

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 3 months ago

At the end of the story i have deduced one fact
this as a sign that i will not be a private investigator when i grow up 😓😑😆😆

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 months ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
There's a bit of levity here where Ral, enveloped in roots and vines, is apparently being electrocuted by his very own lightening magic.

Also, how very much like Teysa to reappear at her own funeral.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

CommanderMaster999

But now a question is will there be an epilogue?
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Clearly were left unanswered of why Rakdos goes to thunder junction

Did someone find Agrus kos after Judith trapped him to prevent her frame plan from working.

And we didn't see kellan going threw the next omen path with Amailia and who joins him next (assuming the forming the avengers trend continues.)

Sporegorger_Dragon

3 months ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Did someone find Agrus kos after Judith trapped him to prevent her frame plan from working.

And we didn't see kellan going threw the next omen path with Amailia and who joins him next (assuming the forming the avengers trend continues.)
SPOILER
Show
Hide
LMAO Massacre Girl offed Judith now nobody knows where Argus is :P :rofl: :o

Honestly Rakdos doesn't need a good reason. To him it would probably be like a nice road trip. For a ten-thousand year-old demon, spending a few weeks/months on another plane would probably be like a weekend retreat.

In fact, he probably goes there to sulk after he finds out Trostani had all this fun and didn't even involve him. :fuming:

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 3 months ago

3 months ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide

SPOILER
Show
Hide
We also didn't see Kellan go through an omenpath like the last two stories, so maybe they go together. [/Spoiler ]
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

5colorsrainbow

No spoilers review;

All the stories from now on need to be 10 chapters*, this is the first story since the web fiction returned where it didn't feel like the story where on a break neck paise and let the plot and stories a chance to breath. We got a lot of great characterizations with the case that really made it feel like a fun murder mystery, something that often gets looked over with theses stories being plot based more then character based. Really hope wotc hears the feedback and keep on with more chapters for the stories going forward.

*I think we could go 15 chapters for normal sets and 20+ for sets like MoM that want a ton of stories but I think 10 works and sets like MoM need 15+
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 months ago

5colorsrainbow wrote:
3 months ago
No spoilers review;

All the stories from now on need to be 10 chapters*, this is the first story since the web fiction returned where it didn't feel like the story where on a break neck paise and let the plot and stories a chance to breath. We got a lot of great characterizations with the case that really made it feel like a fun murder mystery, something that often gets looked over with theses stories being plot based more then character based. Really hope wotc hears the feedback and keep on with more chapters for the stories going forward.

*I think we could go 15 chapters for normal sets and 20+ for sets like MoM that want a ton of stories but I think 10 works and sets like MoM need 15+
Agreed with the general sentiment. This was a big step in the right direction and it only worked because the story had given enough room/word count.

---
SPOILER
Show
Hide
There is card art for Teysa returning as a ghost, but what I really want to see illustrated is Kaya turning into ghostform to give Teysa a hug. That's so sweet.

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 3 months ago

I'll agree with the sentiment that 10 chapters felt about right. One thing that helped was that there were only two viewpoint characters (Kaya and Proft), so we had plenty of time to get to know both of them. There are a few other plot threads (Agrus Kos's investigation, Kellan's search), but they generally only got a single scene and didn't distract too much from the main plot.

MoM had a ton of characters to cover, so it felt pretty rushed.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 months ago

Yeah, 10 chapters was just about enough. This is actually a quite self-contained story, although there are some nice open threads for next time. Kudos, Seanan.

And yes, I could imagine wanting 15-20 chapters for future stories, depending on the scope of the narrative.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 3 months ago

Ill upvote this sentiment also.

As a person who bought the fat packs for the books. And as a person who read the weekly stories when they did that.

5colorsrainbow

Ah seemly we will get an bonus epilogue story as part of the ARG puzzles sprinkled in the set.

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 3 months ago

Random thought: so what are archons, anyway? Every scene with Kaya and Ezrim involves her trying to answer that question, but we never get an answer. May just be a running gag, but now I'm curious.

Random other though: a common complaint about MoM is that it felt rushed, and the Phyrexian invasion needed a second set. So it may not be that some 'bigger' sets need 20 chapters, but that the set itself needed to be split.

..I'll look forwards to the ARG epilogue, whenever it shows up.

5colorsrainbow

Mookie wrote:
3 months ago
Random thought: so what are archons, anyway? Every scene with Kaya and Ezrim involves her trying to answer that question, but we never get an answer. May just be a running gag, but now I'm curious.
Iirc they only started getting fully described by creative when DnD stuff started to be made and you needed more info on the "monsters" and other similar background info sources so its fuzzy even then. On some planes, but unknown if the case on all, an archon is a being with one mind and two bodies, the rider and mount or otherwise rider and mount are bonded/connected deeply that they are like one being. They are meant to show the harsher and sometimes "evil" aspects of white (being more wrathful vs angels who tend to be more "merciful") and the two bodies is symbolic of whites philosophy of having many peoples working together for a singular goal.
Random other though: a common complaint about MoM is that it felt rushed, and the Phyrexian invasion needed a second set. So it may not be that some 'bigger' sets need 20 chapters, but that the set itself needed to be split.
I feel like if MoM had been split into two sets that would have also given more chapters too tho? Either way I feel like the amount of story given wasn't enough to fully cover the scope MoM ran and that was also a similar issue Wots ran.

Sporegorger_Dragon

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Imagine how hilarious it would be if Rakdos leaves Ravnica because he himself can't be quite sure if he is completely innocent.

Like he wakes up, reads the Daily Guildpact news and sees that Trostani is guilty of multiple murders, he is seriously going to second-guess himself on whether he became black-out drunk and just went on a bender, cursing Trostani along the way.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I actually personally hope the running gag of Kaya not really knowing how archons work continues to future storylines.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

CommanderMaster999

you guys can do it for the fun of it if you want

but they did the story again but in a TDLR version

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/card- ... rlov-manor

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Post by cheonice » 3 months ago

3 months ago
you guys can do it for the fun of it if you want

but they did the story again but in a TDLR version

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/card- ... rlov-manor
That's nice. I don't have the time to read all the stories, but enjoy them nontheless.

Thank you all, too, for your recaps and speculations!

CommanderMaster999

Listen up guys I just heard something that a epilogue story will be published with those ARG puzzles

5colorsrainbow

CommanderMaster999

The planeswalker guide gives three big clues
SPOILER
Show
Hide
1. It's easily implying that lazav faked his death and it's now disgusting himself as minor dimir agaents

The other two clue are likely big pieces to why Rakdos and vraska are in thunder junction

2. Here's a big clue to why Rakdos probably went to thunder junction,…. He's not interested in running the guild. So somewhat Judith tried to frame him for nothing. That's the motive for leaving but we still need the why.

3. After vraskas magically disappearing after Val did that little explosion (chances that reversed her compleation) she lost her guild,aster role and nobody can agree or convince who can be the guild leader.

CommanderMaster999

Well we will see how things are going but the puzzles are also leading up to cards from different sets (all ravnica as well;
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Puzzle one (pre-release puzzle) lead to Murder Investigation

Puzzle two (Fblthp puzzle) that lead to Showstopper

so we time travel clearly one puzzle will be solved instantaneously since one is likely the panorama lands one that lead to Cult Guildmage edit:…..which just happens to be case 3

Case 4 was the color change elements in arts the color changes pretty much were guild colors and you have to spell what thing changes colors in the arts for each guild (example in Break Out the Smoke is white in one art and blue on another so you spell smoke in azorius area). Next each blue square spells the next card for case 13 (truthfully you will realize the wordswhen you do Boros and Orzhov and izzet which is Clandestine Meddler, Surveillance Monitor, and Wojek Investigator)

First word is easily "Dimir" and there's only 19 cards that start with that and based on the words on the second word there's only one that fits…. And that's Dimir Informant

And potential future is follows
SPOILER
Show
Hide
1. The Ransom Note cards from the commander decks are all different but it turns out each deck also came with a decoder on the back of the deck insert we needed all of them to solve this. Each literally ended up making search terms for scryfall aparently (mana value 1. flavor text ends with "start", "Begin", or "Origin",. it has defender, toughness minus three equals its power (minimum is 2 toughness)
Which lead to only one card… Saruli Caretaker so this will be one of the case answers

2. The missing "2" and "16" on the dice come with a bundle ruby ruse thing in and essetionally you look though the dice from thr missing slots you basically made one of those glasses in one of those cranium games (you need red glasses to see the hidden words)

3. Some arts change the colors of some elements in cards

4. It occurred to me there's exactly 13 "case" type cards and that's how many puzzles there are so maybe the cases have to be the right order. Or something

5colorsrainbow

THE LEGENDS (AND CHARACTERS) OF MURDERS AT KARLOV MANOR
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/featu ... rlov-manor

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Some interesting info here alongside stuff we already know.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Lazav seems to have cut Mirko Vosk completely loose for some reason.

Feather STILL cannot catch a break.

Yarus's whole deal is summoning every Gruul god to the physical world due to a life-changing encounter with Ilharg during the War of the Spark.

The Kraul have basically had a schism with the Golgari due to loyalty to Vraska.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”