MKM- Murders at Karlov Manor Story and Worldbuilding

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 months ago

I can't believe they bungled this at the very last minute.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 months ago

ok heres chapter 8 (don't click my spoiler tag on the previous page if you would like to learn the killer this way)

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic ... s-of-chaos

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 months ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
How does that actually work, I wonder? How could one of Trostani's three constituent dryad minds concoct a murder plot without the other two, I mean.

I guess what's left to find out is why, what's going to become of the Selesnya guild now, and what Teysa's true fate/what her Phyrexian note were.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 3 months ago

Im gonna claim that its all a "red herring"

Im thinking this is building up to a chase scene.

CommanderMaster999

The N82O Molecule wrote:
3 months ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Im pretty sure one third of Tronsani (oba) is infact the culrpit

Edit: turns out the profit knew all along Judith was trying to frame Rakdos so somewhat disregard my comment even though my thought for trostani still stands

Plus one art in the stream is Kaya binding Oba (arresting her basically)
Last edited by CommanderMaster999 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 months ago

Continuing with chapter 4.
Actual Spoiler
Show
Hide
This chapter is not giving me much. I appreciate my theory of Teysa orchestrating her own death is flat out denied by Kaya. I'm not so certain. Three days could be entirely the time Teysa needed to set something up, maybe faking her own death (the ghost never confirmed "dead"). It could be the 2nd murder is not a sequel, but a parallel or tangential event.

I was looking forward to more buddy-cop shenanigans from Sherlock and Deathstroke, but I suppose Ghost Gal and Fey Spawn are getting all the attention this time around.

Agrus Kos never gets to rest. Did we ever learn what happened to Feather after being broken from prison by Krenko? Wouldn't that be a reunion?

The N82O Molecule

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
3 months ago
The N82O Molecule wrote:
3 months ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Im pretty sure one third of Tronsani (oba) is infact the culrpit

But what I think is gonna happen in episode 9 is Judith calls "BALONY!!!" on the claim on Oba 3rd of Trostani claim and saids the true culprit is Rakdos and saids she can prove it.

So her plan works on becoming the new guild leader of Rakdos
SPOILER
Show
Hide
There is so much now pointing at a selesnyan. But, im not ready to point at a tree root just yet.

But how do we get Rakdos to Thunder Junction.

I suspect that Judith isnt long for Ravnica, this Rados slander just cant continue. Rakdos will come in through the roof probably and good by Judith. And lets be honest, ever since Kytheon rode Rakdos im down to party with him to. So, dont take my Rakdos.

Lastly i dont think Teysa is dead anymore. We havent had a single shapeshifter yet. The phyrexian note probably reads "im not dead, i feel fine, i think ill go for a walk, i feel happy"

CommanderMaster999

You sure about that?
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Because on Reddit someone pointed this out

Turns out it was staring us right in the face of Tronsani being the culprit… right there in Episode 1 (I'm not kidding)
SPOILER
Show
Hide
It all comes down……..
To this picture.

Why? ….. the one yellow flower on it's shoulder.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 3 months ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
You know, I bet Judith could have just asked. This assumes that the omenpaths are common knowledge.

CommanderMaster999

We might have a mega discovery
Potentail Mega spoiler
Show
Hide
Well someone discovered this by freak accident

but the new Dual Surveil lands the borderless variant has a Panorama it forms letters and numbers it spells

RNA32X5+4

1. RNA thats the set code for "Ravnica Alliegence"

2. its probably 32 x 5 + 2 so that equals 164

and that leads to a card called Cult Guildmage

so what the key here...
Big reveal
Show
Hide
Do you see the puppet the guildmage is using?

That is a puppet of...Jace.

Jace is probably being set up for something big.
Last edited by CommanderMaster999 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

SPOILER
Show
Hide
It's all but certain that the figure from Alquist's dream was Jace, but does this also mean that Jace is being used as someone's puppet right now - going from a pawn of Phyrexia to a tool in someone else's game?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 3 months ago

Link to full story summary - warning: spoils the entire plot, including the mastermind, means, and motive.
chapter 8
Show
Hide
Called it!
summary video
Show
Hide
I missed the motive ('revenge for the victims' involvement with the Phyrexian invasion'), but I would also argue it's a bit obtuse. I think we'll need to wait for the remaining story chapters to understand how Aurelia and Kylox are linked in.
I assume chapter 9 will be a chase scene / climactic fight, and chapter 10 will be denouement / wrap-up / stinger for the next set.

CommanderMaster999

void_nothing wrote:
3 months ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
It's all but certain that the figure from Alquist's dream was Jace, but does this also mean that Jace is being used as someone's puppet right now - going from a pawn of Phyrexia to a tool in someone else's game?
Hold on!
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Oko knows how to mine control people and he's in the next set.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Yup, we still don't know what Teysa's note says and what the hell Kylox was doing. Yes the motive is kind of obtuse, although the video's implied explanation for it does make sense - Trostani's facet of life taking revenge for all of the deaths of the invasion. I was actually sort of hoping for something WAY more sinister. Tolsimir trying to take the fall at the last second like a good high-level guildsman - and especially, I suppose, like a good Selesnyan - exposes the flaws in the guild system imo.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 months ago

Caught up to chapter 8.
Actual Spoiler
Show
Hide
At the very end my suspected murderer was Vitu-Ghazi itself. I suppose Trostani using Vitu-Ghazi is not far off, but the idea that the murderer is a character that is unassuming by posing as a house really tickled me. "The murderer is in this room, or to be more precise: The murderer is the room. (Dun, Dun, DUN!)

A lot still to unravel in chapter 9. I wonder whether we get to know more of the plants origin. And I want a (partial, at least) resolution to the Phyrexian note. I don't necessarily expect a resolution to the intruder in the mind palace.

I like the florist clue.

CommanderMaster999

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 months ago
Caught up to chapter 8.
Actual Spoiler
Show
Hide
At the very end my suspected murderer was Vitu-Ghazi itself. I suppose Trostani using Vitu-Ghazi is not far off, but the idea that the murderer is a character that is unassuming by posing as a house really tickled me. "The murderer is in this room, or to be more precise: The murderer is the room. (Dun, Dun, DUN!)

A lot still to unravel in chapter 9. I wonder whether we get to know more of the plants origin. And I want a (partial, at least) resolution to the Phyrexian note. I don't necessarily expect a resolution to the intruder in the mind palace.

I like the florist clue.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
The stream did mention the proft theory on the motive

It was vengeance on all the victims (and attempted) got involved/used the phyrexians during the invasion

Zegana was testing the phyresis oil

Teysa was working with them (but he said she did it as a double agent to save ravnica) (most likely vraska or Jace was who she was working with)

Krenko used the phyrexians for his personal benefits

Its gonna be really interesting to see why the attempt on Aurelia since she's the least likely to be involved with phyrexians
But there's still a big question
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Why does Rakdos go to thunder junction?

In the story proft called out Judith trying to frame Rakdos which means her plan is not gonna work

So two things come to mind.

1. Rakdos lets her become guild leader and leaves

2. Maybe Rakdos was involved after all.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Created a thread in the Storyline Speculation subforum to discuss what might come from this storyline that isn't directly related.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Chapter 9, the Selesnyan one
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Trostani's motives explored in more detail. Quite satisfying, especially the part where she admitted to killing countless other victims who didn't receive as much attention because they weren't legendary Ravnican VIPs.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Actually, now I get why Oba did it in the way she did, and I'll accept "extreme willpower/resentment directed at them as well" as the means that she hid it from the other two Trostani components. A murder you can't be punished for because you're part of a greater being with two others, who are innocent, is theoretically the perfect crime.

Sporegorger_Dragon

SPOILER
Show
Hide
I'm going to laugh so hard if they end up getting saved by Demon Ex Machina aka Rakdos swooping in.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

SPOILER
Show
Hide
If he does do so, that will probably leave him with the best record for doing good things out of any of the paruns...

The N82O Molecule

SPOILER
Show
Hide
So a tree root. I didnt expect it. And yet, yawn. A tree? Lol sure thing, in the world of magic,

All the lowryn trees are probably sitting in front of there tvs just loving this
SPOILER
Show
Hide
The fact that one trostani can boop the other two without question or issue is silly
So i guess the rest of the story is lead into thunder junction, so looking for that tumbleweed imagery. Yeehaw

And none of my speculation were correct, which makes me 100% inaccurate, so. . .perfect record 😆😆

Sporegorger_Dragon

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Niv-Mizzet: "Really, Trostani? REALLY? We gave a whole guild to Rakdos so he would stop doing this %$#!& and you decided you had to step up and do it instead?! I have here one formal complaint from one Rakdos, Parun against Selesnya, for 'encroaching on Rakdos murder/violence jurisdiction'. Does anybody else see how &!#$%&ing wrong that is?!"
Rakdos: "I wouldn't have minded if she just told me first!"

CommanderMaster999

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 months ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I'm going to laugh so hard if they end up getting saved by Demon Ex Machina aka Rakdos swooping in.
lol
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Truthfully I could see Judith waking him up and releasing Agrus kos just to stop Oba

And how rakdos goes to thunder junction is letting Judith become a guild leader

The N82O Molecule

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
3 months ago
You sure about that?
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Because on Reddit someone pointed this out

Turns out it was staring us right in the face of Tronsani being the culprit… right there in Episode 1 (I'm not kidding)
SPOILER
Show
Hide
It all comes down……..
To this picture.

Why? ….. the one yellow flower on it's shoulder.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Sorry, but what am i to know of the yellow flower? Are you saying that this is a "clue" that the culprit is selesnyan, and the three flower pistils an implication?

Is it the fact that they put a selesnyan creature art in the story in the first place?

Idk much about Rav in depth so im just asking, and thanks

And well done 😆

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”