void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Yes, we are kind of "spoiled" by the key art for later sets. We know that Rakdos deliberately goes off-plane right after the events of this set's story. However, we don't know why. Looking outside the events of this set's storyline, it kind of looks suspicious.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
4 months ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Yes, we are kind of "spoiled" by the key art for later sets. We know that Rakdos deliberately goes off-plane right after the events of this set's story. However, we don't know why. Looking outside the events of this set's storyline, it kind of looks suspicious.
major story spoiler prediction
Show
Hide

Im thinking rakdos is are culprit based on this, plus he is infact one of the culprits.

Unknown what the plan is but lazav is probably helping with the old guildpact thing with what szahek did (or something else)

the Zegana, and Teysa murders (and potential others) by whoever he hired (which possibly mind controled) the motive is likely they either knew too much about his plans or he knew they could stop him, (the stop him part could be especially true for the reason on the attempt on Aurelia)

Probably after they figure out it was him a fight goes on then know he can't win escapes threw a omen path and kellan, Amailia (if gets mentioned in the story or not), and who join kellan next (mega safe bet after amailia joined kellan it tips a forming the avengers type story) to follow Rakdos inside the the omen path he took, and by coincidence his dad Oko will also be there.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 4 months ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
@Mookie
I have good news for you!

https://x.com/wizards_magic/status/1745 ... 66895?s=20

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 4 months ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Not to delve too much into speculation, but the implication is that Rakdos and his guild are being set upto take the fall, as shown in the flavor text of Demand Answers. It's a little too obvious, a little too on the nose.

As for why he's off-plane? He's Rakdos; I'm pretty sure he'd be eager to go anywhere where he's not bound by the Guildpact. It would be like a fun road trip for him.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 4 months ago

duducrash wrote:
4 months ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
@Mookie

SPOILER
Show
Hide
:o

...that does raise further questions though - is this a 'before the murder' Teysa (meaning she's still dead), or is the corpse actually a Phyrexian imposter that she used to fake her own death? Hmmm... The plot thickens.

I'll call out that the summoned ghost (who I assume can't lie to Kaya) never actually says that Teysa is dead. Just that she's 'unavailable' and 'they don't distinguish between her current state and any other'. Plus that they can confirm that Kaya didn't kill her (which makes sense if she's still alive).

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

SPOILER
Show
Hide
My wildest theory is that every living parun is in on it other than Niv, meaning Rakdos, Azor, and Svogthir (having woken up from his very long nap) are conspiring to bump off current guild leadership so they can restore the original Guildpact, only as a triumvirate.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 months ago

I would just like to say that im enjoying the stories and such. I hope to "try" to keep track of clues but idk the Ravnica lore all that well so its very possible the culprit will be something or someone I don't know.

im not sure a theme like this draws me to the set per say. but my Vorthos meter is in the red.

im also enjoying all yalls theories. well played.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Mookie wrote:
4 months ago
duducrash wrote:
4 months ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
@Mookie

SPOILER
Show
Hide

...that does raise further questions though - is this a 'before the murder' Teysa (meaning she's still dead), or is the corpse actually a Phyrexian imposter that she used to fake her own death? Hmmm... The plot thickens.

I'll call out that the summoned ghost (who I assume can't lie to Kaya) never actually says that Teysa is dead. Just that she's 'unavailable' and 'they don't distinguish between her current state and any other'. Plus that they can confirm that Kaya didn't kill her (which makes sense if she's still alive).
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Plot twist: The summoned ghost that talks to Kaya is in fact Teysa.

CommanderMaster999

Mookie wrote:
4 months ago
duducrash wrote:
4 months ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
@Mookie

SPOILER
Show
Hide

SPOILER
Show
Hide
I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet

We could have 2 different Teysa cards

This one which was before she was killed, and the spirit form after she was killed.

And the spirit not saying dead thing could be hiding the spirit form is in witness protection of some sort.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

SPOILER
Show
Hide
I think we can rule out the idea that the summoned ghost IS Teysa's ghost. Kaya sees the spirit after all, and I don't know how Teysa could have disguised her identity from one of the multiverse's biggest experts on ghosts who also knows her personally very well. What I do potentially buy is that Teysa isn't actually dead, but set up an apparent death as a ruse.

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
4 months ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I think we can rule out the idea that the summoned ghost IS Teysa's ghost. Kaya sees the spirit after all, and I don't know how Teysa could have disguised her identity from one of the multiverse's biggest experts on ghosts who also knows her personally very well. What I do potentially buy is that Teysa isn't actually dead, but set up an apparent death as a ruse.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
But think about it; the Orzhov have always dealt with ghosts and such, I think it's entirely possible for an Orzhov noble to disguise themselves in spirit form, deceiving even the most skilled clairvoyant or fellow spirits like Argus. After all, their spirits are also warded with magic, so a bit of appearance-altering isn't too far-fetched..

Also I think it would be brilliant to hide in plain sight. "I'm just a mere ghost indebted to the Orzhov," no one spares a second look at a servant.

Now I wonder if we're going to see Teysa's body again as a legendary Thrull...hmm, white Spirit Teysa, black Teysa Thrull...

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

SPOILER
Show
Hide
I'm going to make another call right now and say that the idea that someone who commits a crime under mind control is innocent by Ravnican law is going to come up again.

Do the Orzhov make thrulls that are recognizably based on a specific dead person? For that matter, does anyone? Thrulls are made with flesh, certainly, but they're not really even undead - they're gross little lumpy alchemical creations. I'd love to see a legendary Thrull but don't think it's plausible.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 4 months ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 months ago
I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet

We could have 2 different Teysa cards
now, that does get my hopes up!
Mookie wrote:
4 months ago

in march of the machiens all praetors got cards and ended up how they ended up. having a card doesnt mean you end up alive

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
4 months ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Do the Orzhov make thrulls that are recognizably based on a specific dead person? For that matter, does anyone? Thrulls are made with flesh, certainly, but they're not really even undead - they're gross little lumpy alchemical creations. I'd love to see a legendary Thrull but don't think it's plausible.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I don't think they think that highly of thrulls, so no. I didn't mean a Teysa staggering around with a new gold mask, I'm thinking more that her body gets reshaped into something like a Grasping Thrull or Kingpin's Pet. Didn't Teysa have the Grugg brothers? I'm thinking a new addition to the retinue, like:

Flehleba, Matriarch's Pet.

CommanderMaster999

Episode 5

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic ... xpectation
SPOILER
Show
Hide
let's just cut to the chase for those
SPOILER
Show
Hide
team Kaya was reading the old guildpact and… it may have just revealed Rakdos is capable of making people kill people without realizing it

And that is exactly what etrata claimed

And they theorize the reason Judith would tell them this is to protect her own life from rakdos

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

SPOILER
Show
Hide
The two other noteworthy plot points are that someone may have tried to use a mystery poison or other chemical on Etrata and that Vitu-Ghazi has moved to a new reclamation zone to regrow and this has caused it to change shape. Trostani has a different personality than Kaya is used to, but this might be because of the aforementioned moving of the guildhall or it might be more sinister.

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 4 months ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Looking at the previewed Teysa card, it appears to match her art from the first story chapter. So yeah, most likely deceased (and coming back as a ghost whenever we return to Ravnica again, although there may be a card depicting her showing up at the end of the story). Still nice to get one last version of her as a Human though.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Tomorrow is the fifth story so halfway through the plotline. Obviously next week will bring the conclusion. I can only wonder how the pace will quicken.

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
4 months ago
Tomorrow is the fifth story so halfway through the plotline. Obviously next week will bring the conclusion. I can only wonder how the pace will quicken.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Spoiler not needed? Based on Demand Answers, next chapter might be the attempt on Aurelia.

Clearly Rakdos is the red herring; he has the ability to instill murderous rage, not mind control. Zegana was carefully isolated, murdered then arranged in a purposeful manner. This not the act of someone consumed with bloodlust.

If anything, yellow powder suggests to me spores, which point towards the Golgari. Mind-controlling fungi is basically a fantasy trope at this point.

Also? Come on, Kaya, at least read a bit more about the other guilds before going back to report.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

No, I don't think we need to spoil very general discussions of release schedules and whatnot.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
What I will point out is - didn't we just have a storyline where a major villain was a fungus who controlled people? I don't think the Mycotyrant's on Ravnica, but...

CommanderMaster999

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
4 months ago
void_nothing wrote:
4 months ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Spoiler not needed? Based on Demand Answers, next chapter might be the attempt on Aurelia.

Clearly Rakdos is the red herring; he has the ability to instill murderous rage, not mind control. Zegana was carefully isolated, murdered then arranged in a purposeful manner. This not the act of someone consumed with bloodlust.

If anything, yellow powder suggests to me spores, which point towards the Golgari. Mind-controlling fungi is basically a fantasy trope at this point.

Also? Come on, Kaya, at least read a bit more about the other guilds before going back to report.
Actually if we look at the story
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Kellan revealed to Kaya that Amailia is at the Rubblebelt which is the gruul guild area

and it occured to me on this picture (yes a MKM picture)

the mole has a map so made by her and its by a bunch of fungus

not sure what to say but that could connect to the gruul and again on episode 1 they are so desperate to get Anzrag back (the mole god)

oh by the way one factor occured to me when judith suggested that clue.... Kaya noticed her smile as they left so that right there could be a clue it's a red herring lead and she is infact the culprit. Plus a factor to consider that the Judith they talked to was not Judith, and it's actually lazav or whatever in disguise.

So with this said if Rakdos is infact being framed, I have Judith, lazav, gruul and we're still yet to hear of vraska and Jace so they could be involved if the inner phyrexian is still in them.

CommanderMaster999

Episode 6

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic ... -of-genius
SPOILER
Show
Hide
This story esstionally has most of the story spotlights shown at the first look

The chase is it was massacre girl who attempted to kill Aurelia

But she was probably brainwashed just like etrata to do that and the proft has determined that after witnessing someone snapping out of it going at etrata

Sporegorger_Dragon

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Ironically enough, this actually clears Rakdos (the parun).

Dilated pupils indicate a drug of some sort. Agents that dissolve into moss usually suggests Golgari, however, tuft of white fur suggests either wolf-rider or pegasus-rider. I remember I previously mentioned spores, now I'm thinking yellow powder could actually be pollen.

Selesnya might actually be the ones behind these murders. Ever since the first set they were always faint suggestions and implications of a brainwashed cult, we might be seeing a shift into something more like Midsommar.

CommanderMaster999

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
4 months ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Ironically enough, this actually clears Rakdos (the parun).

Dilated pupils indicate a drug of some sort. Agents that dissolve into moss usually suggests Golgari, however, tuft of white fur suggests either wolf-rider or pegasus-rider. I remember I previously mentioned spores, now I'm thinking yellow powder could actually be pollen.

Selesnya might actually be the ones behind these murders. Ever since the first set they were always faint suggestions and implications of a brainwashed cult, we might be seeing a shift into something more like Midsommar.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
well kaya did mention that trostani was acting weird than what she used to see her

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Pollen definitely tracks, and the Selesnya, who are quietly awful, might be the ultimate perpetrators, but actually it may not be Trostani's fault either if Mat'Selesnya has decided to control her/them directly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”