The Rabiah Scale (2024)

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 week ago

Maro realsed his third artile on the the Rabiah scale. The Rabiah scale is a scale from 1-10 (10 being the least likely) on how likely Maro thinks a plane will be the main/major setting in a standard legal set.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/makin ... ale-part-3

TLDR of the planes from parts 1 and 2

1- Dominaria, Innistrad, Ravnica
2- Zendikar
3- Theros
4- Ixalan, Tarkir
5- Alara, Amonkhet, Kaladesh, New Phyrexia
6- Fiora, Regatha, Vryn
7- Lorwyn/Shadowmoor, Shandalar
8- Kamigawa*
9- Mercadia, Phyrexia, Rath, Ulgrotha
10- Rabiah

TLDR part 3

3- Arcavios (Strixhaven)
4- Eldraine, Kaldheim
5- Ikoria, Thunder Junction**
6- Capenna
8- Kylem

On this blog (and tracked in the wiki) Maro will also change his answer or they might flux but I figured these are still a good jumping off point for them.

*As of Neon Dynasty, Kamigawa is at a 4 but wanted to keep the list as to keep it aligned with the articles.
**based on initial reactions
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 1 week ago

My own thoughts or other comments;

-They will talk about how this scale will work with upcoming sets that have more then one plane as the major setting ("death race set").

-Related to above point; I'd guess this would greatly increase the likely hood of a plane being featured as they could just focus on the elements that makes sense for the crossover theme and not have to try to make a full set of a theme or plane that has issues.

-I'd guess New Phyrexia is now a lot higher up with it phased out.

-Ixalan also got a soft reboot in flavor so I do wonder if that shifted it around anymore.

-I def think its too soon to put Thunder Junction on the list.

-They have said Neon Kamigawa popularity has shown that planes that are not as popular might still be returnable with a good reboot/second chance at execution (which was cited for the upcoming Lorwyn/ Shadowmoor return) so I do wonder if that would give some planes a better shot now.

-IMO the Phyrexia War aftermath left a lot of loose ends so I think a lot of planes now have a reason to return too them just to see how they are now doing.

-I do wonder how the deemphasis on planeswalkers will now go forward with newer made planes without a naive/face walker as so many story returns often tie into the naitve walker of the sets. I do think characters like Kellan, Annie, Proft and Mabel would planeswalkers if we didn't have the desparking so I wonder if those are gonna now be used for face characters now.

-Brothers War seemly wasn't the most succesfful but I think it also showed we could have a premier set being a flashback into the past and explore planes in the past. This opens stuff up like Serra's Realm or certain planes before major events (Ravnica at the time of signing the guild pact, Alara before breaking, Amonkhet pre-Bolas ect). This would also be enough of a major change up they could also do a flavor reboot.

-Related, backdrop sets also increase some planes chances of returning.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”