void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 5 months ago

Today's Challenge: a new artifact type token

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
Rithaniel 68 (+1)
netn10 67 (+1)
void_nothing 53 (+1)
Komandon 51
TessaMTG 33
LandellXil0cent 31 (+2)
DasOzelotvonnebenan 23
somedue1019 21 (+0)
chetoos 8 (+2)
shullz 7
AnotherAlias 6
JovialJovian 5 (+1)
OneAndOnly 1
Valryn 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
New Beginnings
somedue1019 wrote:
5 months ago
Votes: chetoos, JovialJovian

IIW: What's your new year's resolution? (As a the Magic Card)
Rithaniel wrote:
5 months ago
Votes: chetoos, void_nothing

Reset the World
Sorcery M
Each player may choose any number of permanents they control and/or cards in their hand or graveyard. Then each player loses 2 life for each permanent or card chosen this way and shuffles each other permanent they control and each other card in their hand and graveyard into their owners' libraries.

IIW: Wurm or Eye Tribal
chetoos wrote:
5 months ago
Votes netn10, LandellXil0cent

One drop of oil 2b
Enchantment -aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature is an artifact creature - phyrexian in addition to its other types, and has "toxic x, where x is this creature's power" if you control enchanted creature
Whenever enchanted creature deals combat damage to another creature, create a token that's a copy of one drop of oil attached to that creature the beginning of the next end step, then win the game if you control ten or more cards named "one drop of oil"
all it would take for phyrexia to return is...

Iiw: ways to have multiple commander's (new or existing)
void_nothing wrote:
5 months ago
Votes: LandellXil0cent, Rithaniel
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 5 months ago

Votes: somedue1019, Rithaniel

Plant Evidence W
Enchantment - Aura (Common)
Enchant creature
When Plant Evidence enters the battlefield, create a Weapon Evidence artifact token. (It has "4, Sacrifice this permanent: Draw two cards." and "You may pay 6 and sacrifice a Place, Weapon and Suspect Evidences during your turn to make an opponent lose the game.")
Whenever you sacrifice a Clue or an Evidence, destroy enchanted creature.

IIW: Evidence token

somedue1019

Post by somedue1019 » 5 months ago

Votes: chetoos, Rithaniel

What a coincidence! I just created "Resolution" tokens in my last entry! But... I'm not sure I nailed the flavor so here's the new token type that I think hits the beat of working towards something a bit better:

IIW: Design your own card for the upcoming Murders at Karlov Manor set.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 5 months ago

Votes somedue1019, Rithaniel

Oil spiller 2b
Creature - phyrexian
Etb, create an oil token (it's an artifact - oil with "1, tap sac: put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control")
2/2

Iiw: stompy

Komandon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Komandon » 5 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel , somedue1019

Manipulative Machinist 3U
Creature - Human Artificer
Whenever you cast an artifact spell create tapped Orb token. They're artifacts with "2, T, Sacrifice this artifact: Tap or untap target permanent. Activated abilities of a permanent tapped in this way can not be activated this turn unless they are mana abilities.")
2/3

IIW: a new land subtype.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 5 months ago

Hmm, missed my own prompt... oh well
vote: somedue1019, Rithaniel

Sigil-Clad Goliath 3WW
Creature - Giant Knight (U)
Vigilance
Whenever a creature deals combat damage to Sigil-Clad Goliath, create a Sigil token. (It's a colorless artifact with Exalted)
3/5

IIW: Deserts matter

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 5 months ago

Votes: somedude1019, chetoos

Lightseed Guardian
Creature - Elephant Wizard C
Trample
When enters the battlefield, soul-sculpt, then soul-sculpt again. (To soul-sculpt, either transform target Lightform you control, or create a colorless Lightform artifact token. It transforms into a copy of this permanent.)
Not all on Tyesa Ude seek to trade in the light. Some think that it should be treated with the respect one would afford a ruler.

3/3

IIW: A fewer-than-four-colored card that has a four color identity.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 5 months ago

Votes: somedue1019, Rithaniel

Sophic Severance 2W
Instant (U)
Exile target enchantment or tapped creature. Create a Mindvault token. (It's an artifact with "1, T: Exile a card from a graveyard" and "At the beginning of your upkeep, if a player owns seven or more cards in exile, transform this artifact." It transforms into a 4/3 blue and black Zombie creature.)
"At times illegal views themselves can be punished instead of the fools who hold them." - Avigail Mholash, Chain Sect judicatrix

IIW: Reversals
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 5 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, chetoos

Decrepit Rats -- 1BB
Creature - Rat {U}
When Decrepit Rats enters the battlefield and deals combat damage to a player, create a Loss token. (It's an artifact with "Your hand size is reduced by 1.")
When Decrepit Rats deals combat damage to a player, that player gains control of a Loss token you control.
2/2

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”