Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Today's Challenge:
New planeswalker characters

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
jamblock 20 (+2)
Krishnath 20 (+5)
RattingRots 20 (+4)
dyd 17 (+0)
void_nothing 16 (+3)
JovialJovian 13 (+1)
netn10 10 (+1)
kwanyeegor-ii 8
scarbo 7
Guardman 4
FoilSquared 2
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
A new unusual token
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: jamblock, RattingRots

Lay Obstacle w
Instant (Common)
Create an artifact Totem token with 1 toughness counter. (You can't be attacked as long as you control a totem. Totems can be attacked and targeted as though as they're planeswalkers.)

IIW: Evolve outside of Simic
JovialJovian wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Krishnath, RattingRots

Bant Exemplar GWU
Creature - Human Knight
Vigilance
Whenever ~ enters the battlefield or attacks alone, create a Sigil token (A colorless Artifact with Exalted).
3/3

IIW: Phasing
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: jamblock, RattingRots

Pottery Kiln 3
Artifact (U)
1, T: Create a Pottery token (it's a colorless artifact)
Notes
Show
Hide
Pottery tokens on their own don't do anything, they just exist and are artifacts. However, they can be used by things that care about artifacts, such as pay for improvise costs, get sacrificed to Yawgmoth Demon, etc.

I really wanted to do Totem tokens when I read the challenge, but they had already been done by netn10, exactly as I envisioned them. Lol.
dyd wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Krishnath , RattingRots

Prophet of Combustion 3r
Creature - Elemental Shaman
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a red Aura enchantment token named Scorchspitting attached to another target creature you control. The token has enchant permanent and "Whenever this creature attacks, it deals 1 damage to the player or planeswalker it's attacking."
3/1

IIW: non-black "you lose the game"
Occo wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Krishnath, void_nothing

Duskborn Wraith 1BB
Creature -- Wraith
Flying, deathtouch
Players can't gain life.
At the beginning of your end step, each player creates a Blight token. (It's a black enchantment with "At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life." and ": Destroy this enchantment.")
3/2
RattingRots wrote:
4 years ago
Krishnath, void_nothing

Drake Illusionist 3UU
Creature - Drake Wizard (U)
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, Mimic (Create a token that's a copy of target creature you control, except it's a 1/1).
2/2

IIW: Recover
jamblock wrote:
4 years ago
netn10, void_nothing

Minister of Boons 1W
Creature - Human Cleric (U)
Whenever you cast another Cleric spell, create a white Aura enchantment token named Boon attached to target creature. The token has enchant creature and "Enchanted creature gets +1/+2".
2/2

IIW: Hydras without X in the cost
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Krishnath, JovialJovian

Metathran Alarmist 3U
Creature - Metathran Soldier (U)
When Metathran Alarmist enters the battlefield, create a Toolkit token. (It's an artifact with "T: Untap target non-Toolkit artifact. Activate this ability only during your turn.")
W, Sacrifice a Toolkit: Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn. Untap those creatures.
2/2

IIW: White, blue, or red Insects
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Votes: netn10, Occo

Thordan Veir, Dwarf Sparkmage 1RR
Legendary Planeswalker - Thordan (M)
+2: Target creature gains first strike and haste until end of turn.
-2: Create a red 4/1 Elemental creature token with haste.
-5: You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that would deal damage, it instead deals that damage plus 1."
Notes
Show
Hide
Well, I have an emergency dentist appointment later today due to what appears to be inflamed gums (likely gingivitis, I had a really %$#% week last week, starting with three days in which I wasn't allowed to take my diabetes medication because I had to be put under for a routine medical procedure last Monday. Which meant I couldn't eat properly for the week, which led to this %$#% last Friday). Wish me luck.

Edit: Been to the dentist, it was as I suspected. Got a special mouthwash and toothpaste to sort it out, going to take a week or two. Fortunately no antibiotics was necessary. Was also told to continue my home-remedy things I'd been doing over the weekend to tide me over until the dentist appointment. (Clovewater, saline solution, and Chamomile with ginger and honey).

IIW: Up in the sky.
Last edited by Krishnath 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 4 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, Occo

Shēng Hún, Ascended Soulfire 3urw
Legendary Planeswalker - Hún
+1: Exile the top card of your library. You may cast it this turn. Add u, r or w
-1: Create a 1/1 blue Bird creature token with flying. Scry 2.
-7: You get an emblem with "Instant and sorcery spells you cast have lifelink and 'This spells deals damage equal to its converted mana cost to any target' ".
{ 4 }

IIW: every player does something, but you do it more

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: JoviaJovian, jamblock

@Krishnath: Great minds think alike :)

Yolov, Simic Explorer 2GU
Legendary Planeswalker - Yolov (Mythic)
Each creature you control is all creature types and all colors.
+2: Put two +1/+1 counters on target creature.
+0: Remove all counters from target creature. Draw a card for each counter removed this way.
-4: Gain control of target creature with a counter on it as long as you control Yolov.
{1}

IIW: Return to Alara.

jamblock

Post by jamblock » 4 years ago

Occo, jovialjovian

Karum, Master of Dreams 1WU
Legendary Planeswalker - Karum (M)
If you would untap a creature you control, you may put a loyalty counter on Karum instead.
[0] Create a 1/1 white Citizen creature token.
[-1] Tap target nonland permanent.
[-7] Draw three cards. Until end of turn, you may cast spells from your hand without paying their mana costs.
{3}

IIW: Nonblue illusions

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 4 years ago

dyd, Occo

Phyros, the Queitus 3UG
Planeswalker - Phyros (M)
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield, activate one of its loyalty abilities.
+1: Draw a card. Untap target permanent.
-2: Put two +1/+1 counters on target creature.

IIW: Three color lord
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 4 years ago

Votes: Occo, netn10

Asha, Bloodwitch 1BR
Legendary Planeswalker - Asha
Wither
{+1}: Remove a counter from a permanent you control that has one or more counters on it.
{0}: ~ deals damage equal to the number of loyalty counters on her to any target.
{2}

IIW: Beebles!

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: netn10, occo

Vavden of the Grinding Gears 2WB
Legendary Planeswalker - Vavden (M)
+1: Create a 2/1 colorless Bladeling artifact creature token with first strike. You lose 2 life.
0: Discard a card. If you do, destroy target nonland permanent if it has the same card types and converted mana cost as the discarded card.
-2: Return target artifact card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.
{[4]}

IIW: Sheep or Goats
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”