Any number of... this?

Ryder
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ryder » 4 months ago

Power Pylon 2
Artifact (C)
Artifact creatures you control get +1/+0.
A deck can have any number of cards named Power Pylon.

Context: A set that has a faction with an artifact subtheme. around 15% of creatures are artifacts. Thoughts?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

It's hard to gauge the actual power level of the "any number of cards" ability. Obviously, decks based on Relentless Rats, Rat Colony, and Persistent Petitioners have competed at various levels, but part of the strength of those cards is that they are exponential - they're creatures unto themselves and every time you play another each of them gets bigger or stronger in some fashion. With that in mind, this card doesn't have quite that level of explosive growth, but also it's not as vulnerable to a wrath (you're not starting from square one if you have to play creatures to an empty board) and is more flexible.

I might lean towards this card costing 1 more but that might be too underpowered. The deciding factor is: You obviously can't build a deck solely of this card and lands.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ryder

If that helps, the card would actually cost {u/r}{b/g}. Do you think I should include a high cost sac ability or is it fine as-is?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

A more restrictive mana cost makes it fine for sure imo. If you want something extra, maybe "7, T, Sacrifice this: Lightning Bolt"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ryder

Another, related idea: Unlimited Wretched Throng, possibly costing 3mana?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”