Stargate SG1 Good guys EDH deck

Chatpelier
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Chatpelier » 4 months ago

Hi there.

I've been working on a Stargate-themed EDH deck the past few days. It should be more or less complete, and by that I mean, there's 100 cards in the deck right now.
Here's the link : http://nxs.wf/ccs19371

What were the goals :
  • EDH playable
  • Flavor wins
  • SG1 Good guys (so no bad guys and not much Atlantis and Universe related)
  • Only screenshots from the TV show
  • 100% custom, which means that everything needed to be made from scratch, except existing cards that would work in the deck (named have been changed in that case)
I've tried to do a good job, but some mistakes were probably made, either written ones or balance issues.
If you notice any wording or spelling mistake, please let me know.
If you think a cards isn't well tuned, please let me know. But in that case, keep in mind that it's a "finite deck", which means that combos with cards outside this deck do not exist (usually, I'm looking at you clone tokens). It's meant to be good and fun, but obviously not too good.

Hope some people like it.

Chatpelier
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Chatpelier » 3 months ago

Hey there.
I've tested the deck and it was very fun. It barely won against a tuned up Doctor Who deck. I still need to test it and see if everything is working fine, but it seems to meet the goals so far.

On a different note, I've been working on another deck based on Stargate Atlantis, here's the link : http://nxs.wf/ccs20011
A few cards (I think like 6 or something) from the SG1 deck will also be in that deck. A few mana rocks, a couple of lands and some Ships (like the Daedalus).
The SGA deck is more of a blue deck (SG1 being mainly a white deck - despite both decks having all colors but black) themed on : discover/from out of hand spells and investigate/artifact matters whereas the SG1 deck's themes are explore and scry.

Once again, it's a good guys deck, so it's mostly Atlantis characters (minus a few) and what they have access to.
It's probably possible to merge both decks and take what you want from them to mix and match, but that's not my goal here.

The deck needs one last card that'll be added soon, and then I'll need to create the remaining tokens for both decks.
Lemme know what you think.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”