Sower of Discord

Haman
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Haman » 4 years ago

I want to find ways to make a voodoo subtheme, where the attackers will be punished.
The viable commander is probably Selenia, Kambal or Athreos Where gaining life to sandbag the attacks...
Would a black white Blink styled deck work?

Sinis
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

I guess, it depends on the kind of things you want to punish. Stuff like Revenge of Ravens punishes attacks, Polluted Bonds punishes ramp. There are lots of cards with 'whenever' in their text.

You could also go with a curse theme, and consider using a few witches (the Warlock and Shaman types are pretty ripe for what seems like informally schooled magic users).

I will say though, Voodoo Doll sucks, but I think you're obligated to play it (perhaps along with Stuffy Doll, Creepy Doll, and Heap Doll).

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

If you specifically want to make it painful to attack you, I've contemplated building a Queen Marchesa 'come at me, bro!' deck for ages. No Mercy, Aurification, Revenge of Ravens, Serene Master, Stuffy Doll, Lightmine Field, and a bunch of ways to discourage my opponents from attacking me... plus Fumiko the Lowblood, Basandra, Battle Seraph, Trove of Temptation, and other ways to force them to attack against their will.

Some way to gain life does seem useful, but not strictly necessary if you have enough blockers (Ophiomancer says hi) or other ways to eliminate attackers.

Haman
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Haman » 4 years ago

You know like Queenie, a character in American Horror Story? I would actually like to Scout's warning a Sower of Discord before taking damage.... then blink it for the next attacker

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » 4 years ago

I would either go WBR with Queen Marchesa or WUB with Oloro, Ageless Ascetic as your commander. Blue and Red have some options to force creatures to attack like Siren's Call. Blue can also deflect attacks with cards like Illusionist's Gambit. There's also the classic Propaganda. Depending on the power level, WR also allows to play tons of combat tricks like Deflecting Palm that will make your opponents wary of attacking you when you have mana open.

Heck, you can even play all of these in an O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami deck :p

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

Dragoon wrote:
4 years ago
Heck, you can even play all of these in an O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami deck :p
I once had an O-Kagachi deck that played along the line of 'encouraging people to attack me'.

Trove of Temptation forced hands, and Luminarch Ascension was a kind of double bind where if they attack, they're going to suffer the clap-back from O-Kagachi, and if they don't, I get closer to two-mana Angels.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”