Question about spells that change targets Eladamri’s call + wild ricochet

duducrash
Still Learning
Pronoun: he / him

Post by duducrash » 5 months ago

Good morning MTG judges, I cast Eladmri's Call, my opponent casts an instant that changes targets. Does anything happen? Can he cast it? The tutor does say "target player"

Eladamri's Call
Wild Ricochet

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 5 months ago
Your opponent can legally target Eladamri's Call with Wild Ricochet. Call has no targets, so the only effect will be him copying Call.
Go to full post
Last edited by duducrash 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 5 months ago

Your opponent can legally target Eladamri's Call with Wild Ricochet. Call has no targets, so the only effect will be him copying Call.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 5 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
5 months ago
Do I still get the effect of Eladamri's Call as normal?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 5 months ago

Yes. Nothing happens to the original spell.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”