Grothama, All-Devouring - The Maw of Oblivion

Kyra Warsong
Lady Wurmrider
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Kyra Warsong » 9 months ago

Thoughts on cards I'm interested in cutting

Yeva, Nature's Herald: Everyone is probably aware how much I love casting at instant speed, but it kinda seems like Yeva is a little slow and often irrelevant.

Broodhatch Nantuko: Despite the fun Insect interaction with Grothama, Broodhatch is in a weird space where by the time you can use him you really need to be doing other things. I think if we want this effect at all, Druid's Call is all we need, since when it's attached to a creature we can also engage with our draw engine rather than having to fully commit to the cute token making thing.

Eternal Witness: Is this blatantly incorrect? Maybe, but I feel like we've got a handful of sorceries and instants that do this job better; there's obviously infinite graveyard getting with Selvala/Sabertooth, but we can do better things more easily with that combo.

Tags:

SquirrelToken
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by SquirrelToken » 9 months ago

I don't think that I ever ran Yeva. I'm content to let the deck do its thing at sorcery speed, since so much revolves around the combat step. What she really does for you is let you flash in Grothama late so that your opponents never even have the choice to try to hug your slug. That's about it. And it's extremely telegraphed unless you keep 9 mana up (and if you have 9 mana up in a green deck, they know they're getting a beatdown).

I ended up cutting Broodhatch, because like you said, by the time you're trying to hug it into Grothama you've got better, bigger things. I ended up cutting all the "go wide" cards, and while Druid's Call is probably a good include since it can enchant a more resilient hug slugger, I still didn't feel that it was pulling its weight (and my name is literally Squirrel Token!).

E-Wit is an interesting consideration. I feel like it could go on the chopping block if we get another Ghalta or something similar - our threats are hard to remove, and there are only a couple cards that I would say are really crucial. It's a second copy of Berserk if we used that early, and most of green's modern recursion is for permanents. That's really the only thing that makes me hesitate on cutting her.

On a personal note, I'm still digging through boxes looking for my deck. I had it set aside so that it wouldn't get lost, and my neighbor must've scooped it up and tossed it in a random box and it got lost.

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 7 months ago

New set new post let's go let's go let's GOOOO!

Under consideration:

Court of Garenbrig: We aren't really the +1/+1 counter deck. Monarch is nice, but we like drawing cards in multiples of 12. Pass.

Curse of the Werefox: Yes, it's a Fight card, but it also give Trample. Worth considering among our other Trample options.

Feral Encounter: Another Fight card, although this one's a Bite card. Not bad for 2 mana - if you have no board but you have mana, you can (hopefully) dig for some fat. If you have a board, you can just bottom all 5 cards and bite a problematic creature. Here you go @Kyra Warsong , an answer to Peacekeeper that also does Other Things. Definitely worth considering.

Giant Inheritance: Well, it makes our creatures bigger, but it's super-slow, doesn't give trample, and our creatures are already yuge. Pass.

Gruff Triplets: Nine power for six mana isn't horrible. That's Grothama range. And if they manage to die one at a time, your last one is a 12/12. AND they have built-in Trample. That might be a bit too magical Christmasland, though. I'm gonna pass on this as well.

Indomitable Might: +3/+3 and Super Trample. Again, though, it costs 4 and our stuff doesn't need +3/+3. At two mana for +1/+1 and this effect, I'd be much more likely to give it a look, but I have a lot better things that I can be doing with 4 mana.

Leaping Ambush: Oh, that poor squirrel! Moving on ...

Royal Treatment: One-mana instants are cool. Granting immediate hexproof and then Ward 1 seems okay. Not my jam but it might be yours. If Grothama gets targeted a lot, I can see it, although there are a couple other cards that I'd run first.

Thunderous Debut: This is just a worse Tooth and Nail/Natural Order. We don't have a ton of sac fodder, so I'm definitely passing.

Up The Beanstalk: sigh. This probably gets a look. I'll have to do the math once I FIND WHERE I PUT MY DECK!

So far, no slam-dunks. Probably going to hold off on anything (for this deck, at least).

YoungWolf
Pronoun: he / him

Post by YoungWolf » 7 months ago

I recently put a Grothama deck back together after being off of it for about a year. It's been so fun and I've been playing it sooo much. I'm surprised according to EDHRec more people aren't playing Grothama.

I've always loved what the deck has in some really fun and explosive core synergy pieces. But this time around instead of running tutors, I have be on these two cards that provide some insane filtering type stuff that goes mostly unnoticed and unanswered: In Search of Greatness & Radagast the Brown. Has anyone else here run these with success? Are there any other fx out there like these that I may not be aware of?

My deck plays much less like a build up for one explosive game winning turn (I've been primarily a mono Red guy since the 90s) or die trying deck without tutors now. But I'm winning more games this way. It's fun.

Kyra Warsong
Lady Wurmrider

Post by Kyra Warsong » 7 months ago

SquirrelToken wrote:
7 months ago

Feral Encounter: Another Fight card, although this one's a Bite card. Not bad for 2 mana - if you have no board but you have mana, you can (hopefully) dig for some fat. If you have a board, you can just bottom all 5 cards and bite a problematic creature. Here you go @Kyra Warsong , an answer to Peacekeeper that also does Other Things. Definitely worth considering.
Hmmm... I might actually try this card out in place of Broodhatch Nantuko. I like the flexibility here. It's not my typical jam but might be worth a try. Thanks for keeping up on the new cards, I've been looking through them a lot but didn't find much that I was excited by.
YoungWolf wrote:
7 months ago
I recently put a Grothama deck back together after being off of it for about a year. It's been so fun and I've been playing it sooo much. I'm surprised according to EDHRec more people aren't playing Grothama.

I've always loved what the deck has in some really fun and explosive core synergy pieces. But this time around instead of running tutors, I have be on these two cards that provide some insane filtering type stuff that goes mostly unnoticed and unanswered: In Search of Greatness & Radagast the Brown. Has anyone else here run these with success? Are there any other fx out there like these that I may not be aware of?

My deck plays much less like a build up for one explosive game winning turn (I've been primarily a mono Red guy since the 90s) or die trying deck without tutors now. But I'm winning more games this way. It's fun.
I think most mono-color generals don't get as much attention as multicolor generals. And I think Grothama was kind of written off as a meme by a lot of people back when Battlebond came out. But that lack of attention also makes me love her more, you know? She's not a general people expect to see across the table from them. And people are usually excited when the deck goes off! I love that so much.

I do really like that synergy! It's very cool. I'll look around and see if I can find any similar effects, purely for curiosity's sake.

___

The Skullspore Nexus is a card that's coming out soon in Lost Caverns of Ixalan, and I'm kind of fascinated by it. So, let's look at this from a cost perspective. With Grothama in play, this is a 4 mana power doubler for one creature. Like God-Eternal Rhonas, it doesn't touch the creature's toughness, which has fantastic synergy both with our main game plan and itself. So, worst case scenario, this makes Grothama into a 20/8, and I think there are so many more exciting opportunities here. Now, let's peek at the Fungus Dinosaur (that might be my favorite combination of creature types I've ever seen). Looking at a very basic Grothama interaction, let's say we've a Hunted Troll and our lovely wurm in play. 4 mana to cast and activate the Nexus, making Hunted Troll a 16/8. Swing in, kill Grothama, draw 16. That already feels pretty good, but on top of that, we get a 26/26 Dinosaur Fungus. We already want the other part of this card, to double power, but on top of that, we get to make absurdly giant Dinguses (oh no, what have I done) that can then kill Grothama for more on future turns. And that is the most basic version of this interaction, we have so many things that synergize with extraordinary power. @SquirrelToken, I don't want to overstate the case, but we might have found that slam-dunk insta-add we've been waiting for.

SquirrelToken

Kyra Warsong wrote:
7 months ago
The Skullspore Nexus is a card that's coming out soon in Lost Caverns of Ixalan, and I'm kind of fascinated by it. So, let's look at this from a cost perspective. With Grothama in play, this is a 4 mana power doubler for one creature. Like God-Eternal Rhonas, it doesn't touch the creature's toughness, which has fantastic synergy both with our main game plan and itself. So, worst case scenario, this makes Grothama into a 20/8, and I think there are so many more exciting opportunities here. Now, let's peek at the Fungus Dinosaur (that might be my favorite combination of creature types I've ever seen). Looking at a very basic Grothama interaction, let's say we've a Hunted Troll and our lovely wurm in play. 4 mana to cast and activate the Nexus, making Hunted Troll a 16/8. Swing in, kill Grothama, draw 16. That already feels pretty good, but on top of that, we get a 26/26 Dinosaur Fungus. We already want the other part of this card, to double power, but on top of that, we get to make absurdly giant Dinguses (oh no, what have I done) that can then kill Grothama for more on future turns. And that is the most basic version of this interaction, we have so many things that synergize with extraordinary power. @SquirrelToken, I don't want to overstate the case, but we might have found that slam-dunk insta-add we've been waiting for.
Oh noooooooooooo! Oh that cards looks goooooood!

I'm not quite sure about your math - how do we get 26/26 Dinguses? We play and activate the Nexus. 16/4 Troll. check. Troll fights, Grothama, we draw 16, check. Either we regen the Troll and make an 18/18, or we don't and make a 38/38.

Either way, this is definitely a card that I'm going to do my best to acquire; it definitely earns a slot in the deck.

Kyra Warsong
Lady Wurmrider

SquirrelToken wrote:
7 months ago
Kyra Warsong wrote:
7 months ago
Oh noooooooooooo! Oh that cards looks goooooood!

I'm not quite sure about your math - how do we get 26/26 Dinguses? We play and activate the Nexus. 16/4 Troll. check. Troll fights, Grothama, we draw 16, check. Either we regen the Troll and make an 18/18, or we don't and make a 38/38.

Either way, this is definitely a card that I'm going to do my best to acquire; it definitely earns a slot in the deck.
Hold on, lemme see if I made a mistake here.

Grothama - 10/8
Troll - 16/8
Fight/Both die
Skullspore Triggers and adds the dead creature's power together, then gives us an X/X Dingus.
10+16=26?

Maybe I'm missing a super obvious interaction? I'm not sure where the 18 or the 38 are coming from in your version.

Kyra Warsong
Lady Wurmrider

Regardless, let's hope we can snag copies/that the price tag doesn't remain at $60 like the preorders are currently selling for.

SquirrelToken

Kyra Warsong wrote:
7 months ago
Hold on, lemme see if I made a mistake here.

Grothama - 10/8
Troll - 16/8
Fight/Both die
Skullspore Triggers and adds the dead creature's power together, then gives us an X/X Dingus.
10+16=26?

Maybe I'm missing a super obvious interaction? I'm not sure where the 18 or the 38 are coming from in your version.
Nope, nope, my mistake. For some reason (probably the fact that it's a solid wall of text), I read it as "The combined power AND TOUGHNESS of those creatures." So it's not QUITE as good as all that, but still seems, I dunno, somewhere between awesome and amazing.

YoungWolf

Post by YoungWolf » 7 months ago

The Skullspore Nexus looks so good for this deck. For certain gonna keep my fingers crossed that we can pick up a copy around $10 at some point.

Has anyone seen this cEDH Grothama deck? I've been so curious to see how its piloted. Going to proxy it myself at some point. I see some obvious lines and plenty of green good stuff. I'd love to hear from this guy and know why he chooses Big Wurm of all decks to bring to a cEDH table. And he's pulling off wins sometimes?!

Aaaron

Post by Aaaron » 7 months ago

Hello fellow Grothama enjoyers

Just wanted to mention two of my favourite cards Combo Attack and Predatory Urge since I haven't seen them anywhere in this discussion. I like how you can have Grothama, All-Devouring hit himself with both those cards to draw at least 10 cards.

The only issue with Predatory Urge is that you have to have haste on Grothama, All-Devouring or have him survive a turn. It's quite gimmicky but the old wording on Predatory Urge makes people go "Wait it deals damage twice?" and I absolutely love those reactions.

SquirrelToken

YoungWolf wrote:
7 months ago
The Skullspore Nexus looks so good for this deck. For certain gonna keep my fingers crossed that we can pick up a copy around $10 at some point.

Has anyone seen this cEDH Grothama deck? I've been so curious to see how its piloted. Going to proxy it myself at some point. I see some obvious lines and plenty of green good stuff. I'd love to hear from this guy and know why he chooses Big Wurm of all decks to bring to a cEDH table. And he's pulling off wins sometimes?!
Skullspore Nexus certainly looks like it was designed with our deck in mind. It will probably quiet down to $10 eventually - it's a big exciting card but is it generally better than The Great Henge? I doubt it very much.

As far as that cEDH deck, I see a lot of acceleration - Jeweled Lotus, yay - but only half of my four "requisite" cards. Greater Good and Vigor make an appearance, but not Berserk or Psychosis Crawler. I'd say that Yoshihito-san is probably only looking to cash in on Grothama once. From there it's a typical "Green fat" deck - win with a Craterhoof Behemoth of [/card]or Avenger of Zendikar. So, cool, glad it works, but that's not the game that I want to play. Frankly, it makes me think that maybe my Mana Vault should come out, because I don't want the deck to be cEDH, and I'm OK turning the dial back a bit.
Aaaron wrote:
7 months ago
Hello fellow Grothama enjoyers

Just wanted to mention two of my favourite cards Combo Attack and Predatory Urge since I haven't seen them anywhere in this discussion. I like how you can have Grothama, All-Devouring hit himself with both those cards to draw at least 10 cards.

The only issue with Predatory Urge is that you have to have haste on Grothama, All-Devouring or have him survive a turn. It's quite gimmicky but the old wording on Predatory Urge makes people go "Wait it deals damage twice?" and I absolutely love those reactions.
Hello A-a-a-ron (Key and Peale joke). Predatory Urge, as you've said, basically cashes in the commander and a card to draw ten at sorcery speed for 4. I feel like we can do better. If you look at my decklist, I've got a suite of Slug Sluggers that kill our boss to draw 5-12 and still leave a body on the board swinging at the enemy. It's not a bad card, 4 mana for 10 cards is a great rate, and it's certainly a good escape hatch in case of Blasphemous Act, but it's a one-trick pony. I like my damage sources to stick around and kill Grothama turn after turn. But hey, maybe it's worth a shot. I'll see if I can side it in and draw it. I might end up liking it.

Combo Attack doesn't seem too useful to me. All of my Slug Sluggers want to crash into the red zone, smack Grothama for some cards, AND present a durable threat to the enemy. They're perfectly capable of slugging the slug on their own, no spell needed. I'd rather run another powerful threat like Ghalta, Stampede Tyrant - now, ideally we draw Ghalta on one of those Grothama cash-ins, so we have a huge hand of creatures, but just on her own she's a 12/12 for 8. That's a solid statline, and one I'm happy to slam into Grothama.

Aaaron

Post by Aaaron » 7 months ago

Thanks for the feedback
For me I generally am able to get out 1 slugger, wait 1 turn and then cast Grothama, All-Devouring. In which case with Combo Attack I draw 10 extra cards for 3 mana (Grothama and the slugger each hit Grothama). This is also before the combat phase which is relevant sometimes (e.g. with infinite mana you can recast Grothama, All-Devouring). Also when you're not drawing well you can cast this with only Grothama. Another use case for this card is giving a creature pseudo-haste to hit Grothama.

And for Predatory Urge it draws 20 cards because of the wording. Which makes it very special :)

Kyra Warsong
Lady Wurmrider

Post by Kyra Warsong » 6 months ago

Lil thoughts update: I know we have varying opinions on Universes Beyond cards, but The Foretold Soldier might be worth testing out. I think it still might not be quite good enough, but being able to recast it for 2 on subsequent turns is appealing. It feels like best case scenario we get this turn 3 via foretell, turn 4 another creature, turn 5 cast Grothama, smash. Alternatively, we can come in with a 3 drop like Eternal Witness or Green Slime (or Rhonas if it's going really well), and swing for a kill turn 5. I'll be honest, I'm still not convinced this is good enough, but aside from Skullspore it's the thing that has made me perk up the most in awhile.

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 6 months ago

Actually, there's another new card coming out soon (and it's also UB): Legolas's Quick Reflexes. It costs one mana and does basically everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. Definitely gonna want to snag a copy for our lady and mistress Grothama.

Yeah, it's LOTR so I don't mind it being UB. I'll not run the Dr Who card, though.

Kyra Warsong
Lady Wurmrider

Post by Kyra Warsong » 6 months ago

Oh that looks fantastic! But where is it from? I'm so incredibly ignorant of the release schedule these days

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 6 months ago

Kyra Warsong wrote:
6 months ago
Oh that looks fantastic! But where is it from? I'm so incredibly ignorant of the release schedule these days
It's from the LOTR Scene Boxes that release the first week of November. Specifically, Aragorn at Helm's Deep. The Scene Boxes, it turns out, contain new cards. They'll also appear in the next round of Collector Boosters.

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 5 months ago

Mana Vault → Out
Legolas's Quick Reflexes → In

Let's talk about the elephant in the room - fast mana. Fast mana is good, it's powerful, it clearly lets you do Your Thing before anyone else can do Their Thing. But is it fun? If I roll up with a Mana Vault, a card that's arguably better than Sol Ring, am I going to have a good clean game or am I just going to vomit on the table and win? I credit @YoungWolf 's post above with making me think about the difference between cEDH Grothama and what I'm doing over here, and what I'm doing is trying to enjoy the game. So for me, pulling this card makes sense. Obviously, it's a deeply personal choice and I wouldn't blame you in the slightest if you decided to keep Mana Vault, Mana Crypt, or whatever in your main. Personally, if I want to pay hard and fast and aggressive, I'll reach for the Feather deck that @Rumpy5897 keeps talking me into upgrading.

Coming up the next time I need a break from cleaning the house: There are at least 2 LCI cards that are slam-dunkaroonies for Grothama. Are there more?

SquirrelToken

Okay, I don't want to clean right now so thoughts on Lost Caverns of Ixilan!

Ghalta, Stampede Tyrant: Where to start. Ghalta seems really, REALLY good. For 8 mana, you get at least a 12/12 trampler. If you've just cashed in a Grothama for a bunch of cards and you're looking to get the best bang for your buck, she seems like a great choice. I will definitely be looking her up.

Ojer Kaslem, Deepest Growth: Seems not bad, as a beefy body that can hit Grothama for a lot and turn into a land, but it's not amazing. I'm probably going to pick one up for my Landfall deck, but this is not that deck. Again, if you're short on Slug Sluggers, this is not a bad call at all, but I think that with the new Ghalta I'm doing just fine, so I'm going to pass.

The Skullspore Nexus: Bonkers. Nutty. As discussed above, this may as well have Grothama's name tattooed on the art. It's not The Great Henge, but boy is it close. I don't care how you're building your deck, if you're here for the Hug Slug you want to be running this card. Full stop. Preorder is currently a little over $15, so it should fall to single digits in the next week or so. Scoop yours up - you don't want to be left without a skull.

Chimil, the Inner Sun: Hmmm. It's definitely a powerful effect, and I have 48 nonland cards with MV 5 or less, many of which I'd like to cast precombat. :? So, would I play this card if it said "At the end of your turn, draw a card"? No, probably not, so I'll not include it here. Again, your mileage may vary and I don't think it's a BAD include, it's just not for me.

Matzalantli, the Great Door // The Core: Not enough card type diversity in my deck for not enough reward. Moving on.

Roaming Throne: A solid card, and I think that the best choice for this deck is "Phyrexian", which gets us double triggers on Psychosis Crawler, Zopandrel, and Defiler of Vigor. It also gets us a double Dreadnought trigger, which is not great. However, it's too generic of a card for me, and "works well with three cards in the 99" isn't a compelling argument. The chair stays on the bench.

Tarrian's Soulcleaver: Stuff dies, but not, I think, enough to warrant this. I'd rather run Shadowspear, and since I haven't rotated that in yet, I'm not going to run this.

Echoing Deeps: Do you need a third Wasteland? If yes, yes. If no, no.

Contest of Claws: Probably the best Fight spell so far. If you've been paying attention, Kyra and I don't build that way, but it's a valid direction to go if that's what you want to do. I encourage you to include this if you're doing that sort of thing, or if you're short on Sluggers and want a way to finish off Grothama.

Scion of Calamity: Now this is interesting. Unfortunately, you can't stack it the way you want to - attack, make the tokens, then have the tokens fight Grothama. The creatures trigger on attack, and the tokens are never declared as attackers, so they aren't there for the fight step. So I think I'm going to pass on it.

Sunfrill Imitator: Works very well with either Ghalta, but again, "works well with 2 cards in the 99" doesn't cut it. Next!

Okay, that's Ixilan. Again. I'm going to pick up the two headliner mythics and say "So long! And thanks for all the fish."

SquirrelToken

Also, what's on the chopping block? I think that Veteran Explorer, Nature's Lore, Monster Manual, and Runadi are the cards that I'm least excited to draw at any given time. Ghalta 2.0 is just better than the Manual, so that comes out for her. Runadi has not performed well for me - I look at my big fat creatures and very few of them actually manage to get the three counters. Skullspore is going to be way better, way more consistently. And then Veteran Explorer - I'm going to rotate Predatory Urge in and see if I can live the draw-20 dream. Gotta try it, right?

Kyra Warsong
Lady Wurmrider

Post by Kyra Warsong » 5 months ago

Late to the party, ALTHOUGH I picked up Ghalta in my LCI prerelease pack, so that's fun! Still looking for Skullspore Nexus. I think I might actually cut Tooth and Nail for Ghalta, Stampede Tyrant, because besides the fact that it's been literal years since I cast the card, it feels like it's kinda fallen off precipitously in value since I wrote the primer. I do think it's still worth playing, and it is unbelievably cheap now (the card used to be $20), so absolutely no shade if you run it, but off a Grothama draw the big tyrannosaur lady will probably get you a lot more value than Tooth and Nail. Is she a tyrannosaur? Checks notes: Ghalta might actually be a ceratosaur rather than a tyrannosaur.... further googling makes it seem likely that Ghalta is actually a carnotaurus based on the approximate region that they inhabited and Ixalan's basis in Mesoamerica. I can use Wikipedia y'all! (This is NOT research, please edit your lexicon to redefine 'searching things on google' from 'Research' to 'Internet Searching'; Research is the careful consideration of study regarding a particular concern or research problem using scientific methods and I am not a paleontologist or phylogeneticist or any other person with the skills and knowledge to even attempt to research dinosaurs; I'm qualified to speak on a very very specific species of wasp and very little else.)

Anyway, yes. Ghalta and Skullspore are the only ones that feel like they can slot right into Grothama, and Skullspore is by far the one of the two I'm more excited for.

Kyra Warsong
Lady Wurmrider

Post by Kyra Warsong » 4 months ago

I picked up a copy of The Skullspore Nexus last night 🖤 I'm hoping I get to take it out for a spin today.

I want to take a second to pitch Elvish Spirit Guide. I know my philosophy differs slightly from Squirrel's on fast management; I'm running Mana Crypt because this is my favorite deck and I want it to hum at maximum efficiency (I tend to play at fairly competitive tables and frequently sit across from the likes of Sisay, Jhoira, Muldrotha, and other titans of the format, and beat them fairly regularly). As such, the Spirit Guide may not be a relevant card for many decks, but the number of times I have found myself one mana short of a play makes me feel I would like to try her out. I also like the idea of holding up the variety of one mana instants I can play without representing them on board.

Occasionally I wonder if I'm actually a blue player in denial 😅

Kyra Warsong
Lady Wurmrider

Post by Kyra Warsong » 4 months ago

Cards I'm Considering Cutting

Birthing Pod - A touch too restrictive, in my opinion; the ladder isn't as well defined as I'd like, either. Just isn't as exciting as it used to be and puts people on guard.

Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant // Sasaya's Essence - Surprisingly difficult to flip, even given how often we draw a ton of cards. By itself it's nothing and I feel like we can find a much more solid card to replace it.

Consulate Dreadnought - But I really like it... nevertheless, it's probably not as good as the breakout games I've gotten it seem to suggest. It's very close to killing Grothama but there's a little bump necessary and I don't know if we have enough of the little bumps to justify it.

SquirrelToken

Post by SquirrelToken » 4 months ago

Kyra Warsong wrote:
4 months ago
Birthing Pod - A touch too restrictive, in my opinion; the ladder isn't as well defined as I'd like, either. Just isn't as exciting as it used to be and puts people on guard.
We don't really have a ladder here; I feel like Pod's purpose was to kill Grothama. We only have three hits at 6 mana, and while they're all pretty nice I'd concur that Pod isn't really worth the ire that it provokes. "Oh, you have a really strong card there. I'd better hurt you before you can take advantage of it." That's what we really want to avoid.
Kyra Warsong wrote:
4 months ago
Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant // Sasaya's Essence - Surprisingly difficult to flip, even given how often we draw a ton of cards. By itself it's nothing and I feel like we can find a much more solid card to replace it.
Also concur with this cut. I know that the dream is to draw a ton, flip her, and tap out to dump your hand, but by that point we're already winning. There are four cards that I'm concerned about drawing, and the rest are basically placeholders. It doesn't really matter what they are, we turn some large tramply creatures sideways and win or we drop that brain in a jar and draw until everyone else is dead.
Kyra Warsong wrote:
4 months ago
Consulate Dreadnought - But I really like it... nevertheless, it's probably not as good as the breakout games I've gotten it seem to suggest. It's very close to killing Grothama but there's a little bump necessary and I don't know if we have enough of the little bumps to justify it.
Hey what if we swapped out a one-drop for a ten-drop?

cheonice
Sand is overpowered.

Post by cheonice » 4 months ago

You are telling me that there is a deck, where I can play my old favourite Mossbridge Troll and it's actually great? Whoa!

Jokes aside, this deck looks fantastic, thanks for the primer and all the insides! Is there a budget decklist?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”