The Right Commander for the Job Game

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

This game is the inverse of The Commander's Tools Game. You must make a commander card (legendary creature, or other legendary with "this can be your commander") whose deck could make good use of the card suggested by the previous poster. Naturally, the legend must be able to fit that card in their color identity. Then, suggest a new card.

First up: Wall of Shards
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Mirrorbreaker 2w
Legendary Creature — Wall Reflection
Whenever an opponent gains life, you gain that much life.
Whenever an opponent draws a card except for the first card they draw during their draw step, draw a card.
At the beginning of your untap step, you may tap Mirrorbreaker. When you do, skip your next upkeep step.
0/9

Next Nettling Imp

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Nauthes, Slippery Prince UB
Legendary Creature - Imp
Deathtouch
Other Imps you control get +1/+1 and have hexproof.
T, Pay 3 life: Tap target artifact, creature, or land.
R: Target creature gains haste until end of turn.
1/1

Next: Symbiotic Wurm
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy

Lynaeus, Worldspeaker 3gg
Legendary Creature — Human Wurm
Whenever another creature you control dies, gain life equal to it's power.
Discard a creature card: Create X 1/1 green Insect creature tokens, where X is the discarded creature's power.
Exile a creature card from your graveyard: Activate all triggered abilities of the exiled card.
4/4

Next: Long-Forgotten Gohei

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Zankyozame, Maw of the Torrent 2UR
Legendary Creature - Spirit
Prowess, protection from creatures with power 2 or less
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Zankyozame gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each time you spliced a card onto that spell.
Whenever Zankyozame attacks, exile a random instant or sorcery card in your graveyard. You may cast that card this turn. Put it onto the bottom of its owner's library as it resolves.
3/3

Next: Thaumatog

Pygyzy

Automatog Sliverlord 2UW
Legendary Artifact Creature — Sliver Atog
Nonland creatures you control are Artifact Enchantment Sliver Atogs, in addition to their other types, and have base power and toughness 1/2.
Lands you control are Sliver Atog Artifact Creatures, in addition to their other types, and have base power and toughness 1/2.
1/2

Next: Firemind's Foresight

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Lutri, Hoarder of Spells 1ur
Legendary Creature — Elemental Otter
Play with your hand revealed.
As long as you have only land, instant and/or sorcery cards in your hand, the fist spell you cast during each of your turns costs 1ur less to cast.
Spells and abilities your opponents control can't cause you to discard or exile cards from your hand.
3/3

Next: Morselhoarder

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 3 years ago

Tavesh, Plague Doctor BRGW
Creature — Human Wizard (Mythic)
Vigilance, haste
All creatures have wither.
1, Remove a -1/-1 counter from a creature you control: You draw a card and lose 2 life.
4/4

Next: Haunted Crossroads

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Thulmug, the Wayfaring Shadow 1BB
Legendary Creature - Nightstalker Warlock
Thulmug gets +X/+X and has frenzy X, where X is the number of black enchantments you control.
At the beginning of your end step, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a black permanent card, put it into your hand and you lose 1 life.
2/2

Next: Colossus of Sardia

dyd
Randomancer

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Xiklatl, Ixalli's Emissary 4gg
Legendary Creature - Dinosaur Avatar
Creatures you control have vigilance, trample and "1, t: Add one mana of any color."
Whenever you activate an ability of a creature you control, ~ gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the total mana spent to activate that ability.
3/5

Next: Smallpox

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt

Post by folding_music » 3 years ago

Prandha the Guerrilla 2bg
Legendary Creature - Elf Archer
Revolt - When Prandha the Guerrilla enters the battlefield, if a permanent you control left the battlefield this turn, distribute X -1/-1 counters among any number of target creatures, where X is the number of land cards in your graveyard.
Dash 1bbgg, Exile target land card from an opponent's graveyard. (You may cast this spell for its dash cost. If you do, it gains haste, and it's returned from the battlefield to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.)
3/3

next: Giant Opportunity

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

Grumble-Belly, Feast-Caller 2rgw
Legendary Creature - Giant
Whenever Grumble-Belly, Feast Caller or another creature enters the battlefield under your control, create a Food token.
Whenever you sacrifice a Food token, choose one -
  • Exile the top card of your library. Until the end of your next turn, you may play that card.
  • Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
  • Target creature you control gains haste and trample until end of turn.
3/6

Next: Dauthi Cutthroat

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Agyluth, Dauthi Emissary BB
Legendary Creature - Dauthi Rogue
Lifelink, shadow
Other legendary creatures have shadow.
Non-Dauthi creatures with shadow get +1/+0 and have base toughness 1.
1/3

Next: Recoup

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt

Post by folding_music » 3 years ago

Harrhozy the Merryman 1br
Legendary Creature - Viashino Rogue
First strike
Hellbent - Whenever you cast a spell, Harrhozy the Merryman does damage to any target equal to that spell's converted mana cost if you have no cards in hand.
3/1

next: Deep Water

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Appra'Gath, the Rising Tide 2ru
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Wizard
Haste
Whenever Appra'Gath, the Rising Tide attacks, you may put a tide counter on target land. Lands with tide counters lose all abilities except mana abilities and have ": Add u."
Whenever you tap a non-island land for u, add an additional u.
2/3
"All land was born from the ocean. And to the ocean it shall return."

Next: Sigil Captain

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Tahath, Hazezon's General RGW
Legendary Creature - Sand Warrior
At the beginning of your end step, if you played a land this turn, create a 1/1 red, green, and white Sand Berserker creature token with double strike.
T: Counter target spell that targets a Sand.
3/3

Next: From Under the Floorboards

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Dralnu, Lord of Betrayal 3ub
Legendary Creature - Zombie Wizard
, discard a card: Add bb.
Whenever you cast a spell, if you didn't cast it from your hand, each opponent loses life equal to that spells converted mana cost.
3/5
It is the height of foolishness to ever trust Lord Dralnu. And the world is full of fools.

Next: Spellgorger Barbarian
Side note - I love the flavor text on this card. It brings a smile to my face.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The Reckoning of i'Vhen BRGW
Legendary Creature - Nightmare Horse
Whenever The Reckoning of i'Vhen or another Nightmare enters the battlefield under your control, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Other Nightmares you control get +2/+1 and have haste.
1R: Copy target triggered ability from a Nightmare source you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
5/6

Next: Sand Silos

Pygyzy

The Tidemaker 2U
Legendary Creature — Jellyfish
Nonbasic lands you control are Islands in addition to their other types.
X, T: Proliferate X times.
2/2

Next:
Hellion Crucible

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Devoras of the Deep Earth 2RRR
Legendary Creature - Ogre Shaman
Menace
Whenever you sacrifice a land, each other player sacrifices a land.
Whenever you sacrifice a land to activate an ability, you may pay RR. If you do, copy that ability. You may choose new targets for the copy.
5/5

Next: Sigiled Starfish

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Zemond, Who Bends Daring 3URW
Legendary Creature - Avatar
Vigilance, protection from instants and from sorceries
URW: Target creature gains or loses first strike until end of turn.
Whenever one or more creatures you control become tapped, choose up to one target creature that was tapped in this way. If you do, each other creature has base power equal to that creature's power until end of turn.
6/3

Next:
Reknit
Browbeat
Unbender Tine

AnotherAlias

Post by AnotherAlias » 6 months ago

Reknit

Sanjin, Lifeweaver
Legendary Creature - Human Monk
Whenever a creature you control is regenerated, put a +1/+1 counter on Lifeweaver Sanjin.
, : Regenerate another target creature you control.
2/2

Next:

Inkling Summoning
Cremate
Manakin

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 6 months ago

Sovpenn Silverquill 6WB
Legendary Creature - Dragon
Sølvpenn Silverquill cost 1 less for each card put into exile this turn.
Flying, Haste
C: target spell, permanent or card in a graveyard becomes colorless until end of turn.
When Solvpenn Silverquill attacks you may remove a card from a graveyard. If that card was colorless all other creatures you control gain +1/+1 until end of turn for each of their colors.
"I should never have fed Sovpenn those Eldrazi as a whelp. He is dark and odd. More so than any of my students." — Shadrix Silverquill
6/6

Next:
Basking Rootwalla
Arcanis the Omnipotent
An Offer You Can't Refuse

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 6 months ago

Thina, Tolarian Librarian 2GU
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
Whenever you draw two or more cards, you may discard a card. When you do, untap Thina, Tolarian Librarian. This ability triggers only once per turn.
, Tap X untapped artifacts you control: Scry X.
2/3

Next:
Forgotten Monument
Urza's Factory

AnotherAlias

Post by AnotherAlias » 6 months ago

Artaska, Mine Warden
Legendary Creature - Dwarf Artificer
Whenever a land you control's activated ability that isn't a mana ability gets activated, you draw a card. This ability triggers only once each turn.
Whenever you would tap a land with an ability that isn't a mana ability for mana, you may have it produce or one mana of any color instead of any other type and amount.
4/4

Next:
Conclave Sledge-Captain
Midsummer Revel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”