New Challenge Every Day - November 1st: What if extra turns were in white's slice of the pie?

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

Today's Challenge: What if extra turns were in white's slice of the pie?

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 88 (+6)
Raptorchan 74
Rithaniel 65 (+6)
CunningGabe 52
FrostBoss216 51 (+0)
void_nothing 42 (+2)
Komandon 33 (+1)
LandellXil0cent 29 (+0)
KB52665 11
TessaMTG 9 (+4)
Apellosine 1
HexBolt0505 1 (+1)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Un-cards
netn10 wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: TessaMTG, Komandon

Toy Car 3
Artifact - Vehicle (Un-Rare)
Haste
When Toy Car enters the battlefield, put a toy car on it. Then, an opponent puts a coin anywhere on the battlefield.
Whenever Toy Car attacks, Swing the toy car with your fingers to the coin. If it doesn't touch the coin, sacrifice both the toy car and the Toy Car.
Crew - Put a toy with a humanoid shape inside the toy car that's on Toy Car.
6/6

IIW (For today and for yesterday): A card that cost WWUB
TessaMTG wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: Rithaniel, netn10

IIW: New keyword token or counter (like stun counters, Treasure tokens, or Map tokens.)
shullz wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: TessaMTG, netn10

God of Goats

IIW: A white Demon creature
FrostBoss216 wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Target Audience 1wb
Enchantment (Un-U)
Whenever you open an Attraction, create two 1/1 white Guest creature tokens.
Gotcha — Whenever an opponent says "Target", you may say "Gotcha!" If you do, open an Attraction.

IIW: Attractions
LandellXil0cent wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: TessaMTG, Rithaniel

Christmas in July
Snow Sorcery (Un-R)
Each player may choose up to three:
  • Draw two cards
  • Scry 4
  • Gain 5 life
Tap up to X target creatures, where X is the number of modes chosen. Divide X stun counters among those creatures. Deal 1 damage to each creature for each stun counter on them. (If two players choose all three modes, X is equal to 6.)

IIW: Best and Worst of Christmas
AnotherAlias wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: void_nothing, Rithaniel

Madagabra's Cawless Crow
Creature — Bird (Un-R)
Flying
Rule 201.4 doesn't apply. (This effect includes 201.4a, 201.4b, and 201.4c as well.)
: Remove a word from target spell's or permanent's name until end of turn.
"Woo woah," meowed the crow.
2/3

IIW: Cards based on characters mentioned in flavor text that don't already have a dedicated card.
Komandon wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: TessaMTG , netn10

Gathering The Magic 2UU
Sorcery (Un-Mythic)
Rivalkicker 6(Any other player may pay 6 during they next upkeep after when you cast this spell and it resolves. Any player that pays the rivalkicker cost may not target this spell)
If the rival kicker pay by any player, that player copies Gathering The Magic.
Choose from instants, sorceries or enchantments. Reveals all cards in their deck and exiles the selected card type, then shuffle. Then put all cards exiled in this way in a separate pile shuffled under you control called a spell book zone and face down. As long as the cards are exiled during at the beginning of your draw step you may pay 2. If you do draw from your spell book pile instead of your library.

IIW: a Group Hug card that all players may actually or pay an additional cost when it's cast.
Rithaniel wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: void_nothing, HexBolt0505

Look, I Earned This
Sorcery Un-M
If you cast Look, I Earned This from your hand and you spent seven or more mana to cast it, you win the game.
"Everything in this game reduces costs!"

IIW: Choose two other IIWs from submissions today. Make a card that satisfies both of them.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
6 months ago
netn10 rithaniel
void_nothing wrote:
6 months ago
Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Conquerors of Concessions 3W
Creature - Alien Guest (R)
When you cast Conquerors of Concessions, create a Food token for each hand (like the body part) on the playing surface as you cast it.
Prowess
1{U/R}, Sacrifice a Food: Flip a coin. If you lose the flip, open an Attraction or roll to visit your Attractions. If you win the flip, instead do both.
2/4

IIW: A legendary creature someone other than you in your playgroup would like
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 6 months ago

Votes: AnotherAlias, shullz

Spend Time Together W
Sorcery (Mythic)
Your deck may have only one copy of Spend Time Together.
Take an extra turn after this one and the next opponent draws seven cards.
Exile Spend Time Together.
"In the heart of the tavern, Huatli's world narrows, the Multiverse converging as Saheeli's eyes, ablaze with fascination, meet her gaze over four drinks. Huatli confesses, and a warm smile from Saheeli, fingers lightly touching, seals their secret bond. The tavern's patrons unknowingly witness a miracle, a love they can only envy."
- Note for a Stranger

IIW: If haste was white/if vigilance was black

shullz

Post by shullz » 6 months ago

Votes: Komandon, Rithaniel

IIW: New variations of Colossal Dreadmaw.

Edit: Damn, too slow with the illustration. Someone else had a similar idea. :sweat:

Bonus Card:

Visions of Another Life {W}
Enchantment (Rare)

Whenever you gain 3 or more life, put a dream counter on Visions of Another Life.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have 10 or more dream counters on Visions of Another Life, sacrifice it and you take an extra turn after this one.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 6 months ago

Votes: FrostBoss216, void_nothing

TessaMTG
Arbiter of +1/+1 Counters
Pronoun: she / her

Post by TessaMTG » 6 months ago

Votes: Komandon, netn10

IIW: A card of yourself, with a cartoony illustration of yourself if it has art.
I love Tchotchke Elemental. And as always: wear your seatbelt, tear up your friend's mill deck, and buh-bye. (Please don't actually tear up your friend's mill deck, no matter how annoying it is.)

Check out the LGBTAPQ+ People Place!
My Custom Planeswalkers
Custom Horizons 1
Good Kid (really good indie rock band also they play MTG)

CunningGabe

Post by CunningGabe » 6 months ago

Votes: netn10, LandellXil0cent

Eon Containment Field 3W
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant player
When Eon Containment Field enters the battlefield, enchanted player skips their next turn.
When Eon Containment Field leaves the battlefield, enchanted player takes an extra turn after this one and you draw a card.

IIW: Combine Discover with other mechanics
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

FrostBoss216
Makes too many games

Post by FrostBoss216 » 6 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing
Personally I prefer the images, so I think I'll swap to those :P

IIW: Nonblue Merfolk

LandellXil0cent

Post by LandellXil0cent » 6 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, TessaMTG

Extended Deliberations
Sorcery (M)
Council's Dliemna - Each player votes for guilty or innocence. For each guilty vote, exile a creature with mana value X or less. For each innocence vote, gain X life.
If X is three or greater, take an extra turn after this one.
, exile Extended Deliberations from your graveyard: take an extra turn after this one.
"We couldn't agree and so they just kept going on and on and on and on and on and on. . .Anyway, the jury duty lasted seven months." - Brach Zy

IIW: Life gain in blue

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

Votes: TessaMTG, AnotherAlias

Appointed Time 2WW
Enchantment (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose one -
• Return up to one target permanent card with mana value 2 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. If it's not a creature, it becomes a 2/2 Spirit creature in addition to its other types.
• Exile Appointed Time. If you do, take X extra turns after this one, where X is the number of nontoken creatures you control divided by five, rounded down. (If you control fewer than five creatures, you take no extra turns.)

IIW: New theme for GUR
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 6 months ago

frostboss216 landellxilocent
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 6 months ago

Votes: netn10, AnotherAlias (I don't even know what it does, but the joke is funny to me)

Time of the Downtrodden
Sorcery R
Each player with less life than the player with the most life takes an extra turn after their next turn. Exile Time of the Downtrodden.

IIW: Legendary Creature - Slug God
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 6 months ago

Votes: shullz , AnotherAlias

Chronology Congruence 2WWW
Sorcery (Mythic)
Will of the Gods — Starting with you vote for time or patiences. If time gets more votes you take another turn after this one. If patiences gets votes you skip your next turn but have protection from everything, your life total can't change, your all permanents you control, library and graveyard phase out. When they phase back in gain 10 life, draw two cards and create four Treasure tokens.

IIW: a card that refers to four or more non-class creature types.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”