Henry Wu's Favorite Exploit?

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 6 months ago

Henry Wu, InGen Geneticist

The best choice to exploit for his team are 3/3 non-humans, and if we go the token route within color, beast and dino would be the majority, with golem, eldrazi horror, and Dalek/Ring Wraiths (!) trailing behind. Koma, Cosmos Serpent can generate 3/3 each turn also.

Though, any effect that buffs creatures beyond power 3 would work, so technically you can run Henry Wu as an Elf or Zombie commander. With sufficient blink like Displacer Kitten you don't necessarily need a human populace in your deck to work out, but I cackle at the idea of a bunch of human tokens each learn to abuse other races.

What do you folks think?

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 6 months ago

Well, there only seem to be three other humans that have Exploit (Minister of Pain, Qarsi Sadist, Silumgar Sorcerer). So, the General would have to be on the battlefield to do much of anything, unless there are new ways to give Exploit (other than Henry).
V/R

Treamayne

yeti1069
Pronoun: he / him

Post by yeti1069 » 6 months ago

I think what you really want are humans that make tokens of the appropriate size (ideally as an ETB, repeatable trigger, or cheap activation). Just searching for humans in these colors that make a token of 3/2, 3/3, 4/3, or 4/4 (then my patience ran out), there are 22 hits. I didn't dive in to see if they were playable. Some are. I didn't look at anything nonhuman (such as artifacts and enchantments) with triggers that make the tokens needed, but I'm sure there are some high value options there as well. I think the ideal situation is to have a density of 20+ humans of moderate to high value, with a few ways for them to generate tokens themselves (either on their own, or with cheapish non-creature permanents that trigger or activate). Something like Koma is a good top end for all the draw and treasure generation, but you can also look at Tendershoot Dryad, which does functionally the same thing much of the time for 2 mana less, and with easier color requirements.

onering
Answers: 1

Post by onering » 6 months ago

Cyberium wrote:
6 months ago
Henry Wu, InGen Geneticist

The best choice to exploit for his team are 3/3 non-humans, and if we go the token route within color, beast and dino would be the majority, with golem, eldrazi horror, and Dalek/Ring Wraiths (!) trailing behind. Koma, Cosmos Serpent can generate 3/3 each turn also.

Though, any effect that buffs creatures beyond power 3 would work, so technically you can run Henry Wu as an Elf or Zombie commander. With sufficient blink like Displacer Kitten you don't necessarily need a human populace in your deck to work out, but I cackle at the idea of a bunch of human tokens each learn to abuse other races.

What do you folks think?
Being able to play a deck with "real" magic cards where you use the scientist from Jurassic Park to sacrifice Daleks and Ringwraiths is the death of magic as an IP.
spam warning issued

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”