void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Today's Challenge: Card name = Song title

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 26 (+4)
Rithaniel 23
Raptorchan 17 (+1)
FrostBoss216 14 (+5)
LandellXil0cent 13 (+3)
void_nothing 12
Komandon 12 (+1)
KB52665 8 (+2)
CunningGabe 5
Apellosine 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
World enchantment
netn10 wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: LandellXil0cent, FrostBoss216

World of Chaos RR
World Enchantment (Rare)
At the beginning of your upkeep, your opponent exiles a permanent they control. When they do, they reveals the top card of their library. If it's a permanent card, they put it onto the battlefield.
3: Create a token that's a copy of World of Chaos. Any opponent may activate this ability.

IIW: UB creature with vigilance.
Raptorchan wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: FrostBoss216, netn10
@LandellXil0cent: Unfortunately, it wouldn't work the way you intended :(

Planar Plague 1bbr
World Enchantment (R)
All creatures have decayed. (A creature with decayed can't block. When it attacks, it's sacrificed at end of combat.)
On a great map of the known Multiverse, Achadire is surrounded by a few concentric circles of dead worlds.

IIW: Nonred Dragon
CunningGabe wrote:
8 months ago

Naya Untamed 3RGW
World Enchantment (M)
When Naya Untamed enters or leaves the battlefield, create a 5/5 green Beast creature token.
Creatures you control with power 5 or greater have haste, trample, and vigilance.

IIW: MDFCs with an Aura on one side.
FrostBoss216 wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: netn10, LandellXil0cent

Life Connection ggg
World Enchantment (M)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, all other creatures get a +1/+1 counter.
Whenever a creature leaves the battlefield, all other creatures get a -1/-1 counter.

IIW: That creature type exists?
LandellXil0cent wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: Komandon, Raptorchan

Day Without Night
World Enchantment (M)
Demons, Devils, Horrors, Nightmares, Shades, Vampires, and Zombies get -2/-2 and can't attack.
Angels, Archons, Birds, Humans, Plants, and Spirits get +2/+2 and vigilance.
Werewolves can't transform.

IIW: Math is for blockers
Rithaniel wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: FrostBoss216, KB52665

Weight of Knowledge
World Enchantment M
Creatures have base power and toughness 1/1 and can't have counters placed on them.
"After all, we're all the same, in the end."
—Carmel, the Doom Speaker

IIW: Sac-land that is also a man-land
Komandon wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: KB52665 , LandellXil0cent

Land of Confusion 2G
World Enchantment (Mythic)
All lands enter the battlefield tapped and their triggered abilities for when they enter or leave the battlefield are countered. (This only effects the lands own abilities not another source's)
Whenever a land enters the battlefield a hand, exile or graveyard the controller adds one mana of any color. Until end of turn this mana isn't lost as steps and phases end.
"This is the time, this is the place. So we look for the future. But there's not much love to go around. Tell me why this is the land of confusion…" — Genesis

IIW: Hybrid, Phyrexian or colorless/generic mana charms.
void_nothing wrote:
8 months ago

Tides of Kukemssa 2U
World Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player creates a Treasure token, a 1/1 blue Pirate creature token, and an Island land token.
At the beginning of each player's end step, that player draws a card.

IIW: X damage spells
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

FrostBoss216
Makes too many games

Post by FrostBoss216 » 8 months ago

Votes: Raptorchan, Komandon (love that you did both challenges in one, very coincidental!)

Live and Let Die 2gr
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I: Create a 3/3 green Beast creature token with menace.
II: All creatures you control get +1/+1 and trample.
III: Destroy all creatures.
"But if this ever changin' world, in which we live in, makes you give in and cry, say live and let die."
(Guns N' Roses)

IIW: That creature type exists?

KB52665

Post by KB52665 » 8 months ago

Votes: Raptorchan, void_nothing

Long-Pig Chef and the Hairless Goat 2{b/g}{b/g}
Creature — Human Waiter (U)
Long-Pig Chef and the Hairless Goat is legendary as long as it isn't on the battlefield. Its power is equal to the number of Foods you control.
Humans you control are Food artifacts in addition to their other card types.
Sacrifice a creature: Create a Food.
*/4

IIW: Slumber counters

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 8 months ago

Votes: LandellXil0cent, CunningGabe

Empire Ants 2GW
Creature - Insect Noble (Rare)
When Empire Ants enters the battlefield, you become the monarch. Then, for each creature you control that has have base power and toughness 1/1, create a Royal Role token attached to that creature.
You can't lose the monarchy as long as you control a creature with a Royal Role attached to it.
1/1

IIW: 1/1 matters.

CunningGabe

Post by CunningGabe » 8 months ago

Votes: netn10, LandellXil0cent

Bohemian Rhapsody (Part 1) UR
Enchantment - Saga (R)
(i) Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? -- Exile target creature you control, then return it to the battlefield.
(ii) Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality... -- Bohemian Rhapsody deals 2 damage to up to one target creature. Creatures can't phase out until end of turn.
(iii) Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see... -- Look at target player's hand. Target creature you control gains flying until end of turn.
(iv) You may reveal a card you own from outside the game named "Bohemian Rhapsody (Part 2)" and put it onto the battlefield under your control.

IIW: Elementary School
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

Raptorchan
Vidauna's Hand

Post by Raptorchan » 8 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing

Under Pressure 4u
Sorcery (U)
Put target permanent on top of its owner's library, then put up to one target land card from a graveyard on top of its owner's library.

IIW: Spiders

LandellXil0cent

Post by LandellXil0cent » 8 months ago

Votes: Raptorchan, FrostBoss216

Something in the Orange
Creature - Elemental Horror (U)
Evoke
When Something in the Orange enters the battlefield it becomes night.
When night becomes day, or day becomes night, Something in the Orange deals 3 damage to target creature.
"Something in the Orange tells me that you're never comin' home" - Brach Zy the bard, moments before he died. The listed cause of death was 'heartache and a werewolf'.
3/4

IIW: Periodic table of elementals

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Votes: Raptorchan, LandellXil0cent
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 8 months ago

Votes: void_nothing , FrostBoss216

Sad But True 2B
Sorcery (Rare)
Each player shuffles their library then reveals the top card of their library and puts in their hand. Each player lose life equal to 1 plus the mana value of their card revealed this way.
Buyback 1B, Exile your hand.
"Hey, I'm your life. I'm the one who takes you there. Hey, I'm your life. I'm the one who cares." — Metallica

IIW: Name of a Sitcom, Game Show or Sketch Comedy Show

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 8 months ago

Votes: LandellXilOcent, void_nothing

Through the Fire and the Flames
Sorcery R
Kicker and/or
If this spell was kicked with its kicker, up to one target creature gains indestructible until end of turn.
If this spell was kicked with its kicker, up to one target creature gains flying until end of turn.
Through the Fire and the Flames deals 4 damage to each creature without flying.

IIW: Land with the main goal of mana-fixing
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”