New Challenge Every Day - October 9th: Rewrite an Alchemy keyword for paper Magic

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Today's Challenge: Rewrite an Alchemy keyword for paper Magic

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
Rithaniel 21 (+1)
netn10 18 (+2)
Raptorchan 13 (+1)
Komandon 11 (+0)
LandellXil0cent 10 (+1)
void_nothing 9 (+1)
KB52665 6 (+4)
CunningGabe 5
FrostBoss216 5 (+2)
Apellosine 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Saga Auras
Raptorchan wrote:
8 months ago
@void_nothing : yup, my mistake. Voted for Rithaniel

Votes today: KB52665, void_nothing

Way of the Master {r/w}
Enchantment – Saga Aura (U)
Enchant creature
I: Put a training counter on enchanted creature.
II: Put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.
III: Put a mentor counter on enchanted creature.

IIW: Foretell-like mechanic that lets see it coming
Rithaniel wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: FrostBoss216, netn10

Rise and Fall of the Wolf
Enchantment - Saga Aura R
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
Enchant creature you control
I - Enchanted creature becomes a 4/4 black and green Spirit Wolf creature.
Ii - Until end of turn, whenever enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
III - Sacrifice enchanted creature. When you do, you may cast a spell with mana value 5 or less from your hnd without paying its mana cost.

IIW: Battle - War
FrostBoss216 wrote:
8 months ago
Votes:KB52665, Rithaniel

Growing Darkness 3BB
Enchantment — Saga Aura Curse (M)
(As this saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
Enchant player
I: Enchanted player loses 5 life.
II: Enchanted player may sacrifice up to three creatures. They lose 1 life for each creature they control.
III: For the rest of the game, enchanted player's maximum hand size is subtracted by 2.

IIW: World enchantment
netn10 wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: FrostBoss216, KB52665

On Hero's Journey WW
Enchantment - Saga Aura (Rare)
I - Create a Young Hero Role token attached to enchanted creature.
II, III - Enchanted creature gains double strike until end of turn.
IV - Sacrifice enchanted creature. If it had three or more +1/+1 counters on it, draw three cards.

IIW: Enchantment Artifact with a subtype (Treasure, Clue, etc)
Komandon wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: netn10 , KB52665

Path to Madness 3BB
Enchantment - Saga Aura (Rare)
Enchant Creature
(As this saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I - Put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature as long as it's enchanted by Path to Madness.
II - Discard your hand and draw a card.
III - Sacrifice enchanted creature. All players lose life each to enchanted creature's power and each creature gets -X/-X until end of turn where X is the number the cards in your hand.

IIW; vehicle that becomes a creature not from being crewed.
void_nothing wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: Raptorchan, LandellXil0cent

The Leyline Seasons 1G
Enchantment - Saga Aura (R)
Enchant land you control
I - Untap enchanted land.
II - Until end of turn, enchanted land gains "T: Add three mana of any one color."
III - Search your library for a card that shares a name with enchanted land and put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle.
IV - Put an indestructible counter and a hexproof counter on each permanent you control that shares a subtype and/or name with enchanted land.

IIW: Slow ways to win
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

FrostBoss216
Makes too many games

Post by FrostBoss216 » 8 months ago

Votes: Raptorchan, void_nothing

Double Team rr
Instant (U)
Put a card from outside the game that shares a name with target attacking creature you control onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.

IIW: Card name = Song title
Last edited by FrostBoss216 8 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Raptorchan
Vidauna's Hand
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 8 months ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Alchemical Tutor 1u
Sorcery (Un-R)
Conjure a card from Alchemy set into your hand (To conjure a card, make it manually using materials you find appropriate. When you play it, implement its effects as best as you can).

IIW: Fight

netn10

Post by netn10 » 8 months ago

Votes: Raptorchan (I love this training-mentor synergy. Very flavorful!), void_nothing

Skaabcraft 2U
Sorcery (Common)
Craft a Skaab (If you don't control a Zombie Masterpiece, create a 1/1 blue Zombie Masterpiece creature token first. Then, attach a body part to it.)
Body Parts
Show
Hide
Body Parts is a reminder card just like The Ring, except each part has a finite amount of uses noted inside the parentheses.
(1) Head - "T: Draw a card"
(1) Torso - +2/+2
(6) Hand - +2/+0
(6) Leg - +0/+2
IIW: Craft a Skaab

LandellXil0cent

Post by LandellXil0cent » 8 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, FrostBoss216
(Perpetual)
Hurricane Elemental
Creature - Elemental Horror (R)
Flying
When Hurricane Elemental attacks, tap target creature and put a stun counter on it.
When Hurricane Elemental enters the battlefield, you may reveal an instant or sorcery card in your hand. If you do you get an emblem with "The card revealed with Hurricane Elemental gains Storm."
6/5

IIW: Storm callbacks

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

KB52665

Post by KB52665 » 8 months ago

Votes: FrostBoss16, netn10

Wizard's Shackle 1ub
Enchantment Creature — Leech Spellshaper (U)
When Wizard's Shackle enters the battlefield, choose another player. That player plays with the top card of their library revealed.
: Conjure a card that's a duplicate of the top card of chosen player's library to the top of your library. Activate this ability only once per turn. (A conjured card is added to the game. You own it. It ceases to exist if it's countered or exiled.)
0/2
These little vermin infest the bookshelves of scholars and mages, ever-thirsting for the ramblings of the mad.
Rules Text
Show
Hide
701.53. Conjure
701.53a To conjure a card, put a marker that represents the conjured card into the specified zone.
701.53b A conjured card has all characteristics of a specific named card and is owned by the player that conjured it. A card can be named from a zone without specifying its name if the effect clearly indicates the card to be conjured.
701.53c The marker representing a conjured card may change zones as if it were a card.
701.53d If a conjured card is countered or is put into exile from anywhere, it ceases to exist.
IIW: Man, that's a mean manland

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 8 months ago

And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 8 months ago

Votes: Raptorchan , Rithaniel

Wizard of Odds 2U
Creature - Human Wizard (uncommon)
When Wizard of Odds enters the battlefield roll a D20 die until you roll an odd number. Then Seek the X'th card from the top.(Shuffle your library and exile the X card from the top into your hand.)
1/2

IIW: Take a weird un card and turn it into a playable card in a standard format. Keep the name.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”