Kytheon/Gideon shenanigans

LazyPidgey
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by LazyPidgey » 7 months ago

Hey all,

First time migrating over from mtgsally and i'm tinkering with an idea for Kytheon, Hero of Akros // Gideon, Battle-Forged as ive always liked the idea of him and playing your commander on turn 1 just feels so. good.

Gideon also works very well with another card i've always liked, Serene Master so I think that's kind of the direction i'm leaning into when building this deck. Make my opponents attack into my cool blockers with their problematic creatures. I see the plan for this deck being, play creatures that deter attackers while also acting as removal in combo with Gideon's +2 ability until theres just me and one other player, then start using the +1/+0 abilities to close out the game with a boardwipe sprinkled in.

Some hurdles I see myself having when building this deck are, making sure I have enough low cost creatures to reliably flip Kytheon, finding enough cool "rattlesnake" creatures to combo with the +2 ability, and being able to throw any sort of wrench into combo decks' plans.

Might play a few staxy/taxy creatures for that last part... Gideon's +1 can help protect them too... anyway so if any of y'all have card suggestions/ideas, or any experience piloting a Kytheon deck, I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers

Tags:

Return to “Commander”