October MCC - Judge Signup Thread

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Ink-Treader
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Ink-Treader » 8 months ago

colorlessbanner.png
(This banner was put together using both Raymond Swanland and Jason Felix's art for Wastes, plus Wizards of the Coast's colorless symbol, as well as bravelion83's MCC logo.)

October MCC

Judge Signup Thread

This month's theme is Obligate Colorless C

If you want to sign up as a judge for this month's MCC, just reply to this thread. If you've already judged before in the MCC, that's enough. Otherwise, if you've never judged before, there is a little extra step required: please try to judge the sample card you can find below with the MCC rubric and post your sample judgment here. I will reply to you as soon as possible with my own thoughts about it and if you did good enough of a job, you will be welcome to join me to judge.

SAMPLE CARD

Assume all challenges (Main Challenge and both Subchallenges) are met.

Call to Ruin 1UU
Sorcery (U)
Add CCCCC to your mana pool. This mana can not be spent to cast creature spells.
"Even if everything is reduced to dust, power still lays within."
-Ob Nixilis

MCC Rubric
Show
Hide
The MCC Rubric is given below, in an easily "copy and pasted" form. (Courtesy of Rithaniel.)

Code: Select all

[b]Design[/b]
[b](X/3) Appeal[/b] - Do the different player psychographics (Timmy/Johhny/Spike) have a use for the card?
[b](X/3) Elegance[/b] - Is the card easily understandable at a glance? Do all the flavor and mechanics combined as a whole make sense?

[b]Development[/b]
[b](X/3) Viability[/b] - How well does the card fit into the color wheel? Does it break or bend the rules of the game? Is it the appropriate rarity?
[b](X/3) Balance[/b] - Does the card have a power level appropriate for contemporary constructed/limited environments without breaking them? Does it play well in casual and multiplayer formats? Does it create or fit into a deck/archetype? Does it create an oppressive environment?

[b]Creativity[/b]
[b](X/3) Uniqueness[/b] - Has a card like this ever been printed before? Does it use new mechanics, ideas, or design space? Does it combine old ideas in a new way? Overall, does it feel "fresh"?
[b](X/3) Flavor[/b] - Does the name seem realistic for a card? Does the flavor text sound professional? Do all the flavor elements synch together to please Vorthos players?

[b]Polish[/b]
[b](X/3) Quality[/b] - Points deducted for incorrect spelling, grammar, and templating.
[b](X/2) Main Challenge (*)[/b] - Was the main challenge satisfied? Was it approached in a unique or interesting way? Does the card fit the intent of the challenge?
[b](X/2) Subchallenges[/b] - One point awarded per satisfied subchallenge condition.

[b]Total: X/25[/b]
*An entry with 0 points here is subject to disqualification.

As host, I will also be judging, but depending on interest I may have need of another judge to get through things in a timely manner.

I have already posted the 1st round at this point (pardon if it was a tad early, wasn't sure how long it'd take to get this all typed out), and I will be linking to this from there as well.

Bravelion83's MCC Guidelines and FAQ provided here.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Sign me up to judge!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 8 months ago

void beat me to the punch, but I would also be happy to judge this month in the unlikely event that's needed (or if void would prefer to participate after all).

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

slimytrout wrote:
8 months ago
void beat me to the punch, but I would also be happy to judge this month in the unlikely event that's needed (or if void would prefer to participate after all).
This month I'd prefer to judge - if you're moved to enter the contest, please do so.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”