Imodane, the Pyrohammer and City on Fire

pzbw7z
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pzbw7z » 8 months ago

I play Imodane, the Pyrohammer in a budget Rowan, Scion of War deck. If Immodane is in play along with City on Fire and I target a creature with Ghitu Fire where X = 10, City on Fire triples that to 30. Imodane triggers dealing damage to each opponent. Does City on Fire trigger again, tripling 30 to 90?

I can't see any reason it doesn't, but it's just sick!

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 8 months ago
In short, yes, it works this way, which is why combining either Imodane or Toralf, God of Fury with damage multiplication is so potent. Basically, what we have here are two different events that a single replacement effect applies to: First, a creature being dealt damage, and then, Imodane's ability triggering. If the 10 damage dealt is replaced with triple that amount due to City on Fire, Imodane's triggered ability sees 30 damage and attempts to deal 30 damage to each of your opponents, which is then tripled again to 90 damage to each opponent.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

In short, yes, it works this way, which is why combining either Imodane or Toralf, God of Fury with damage multiplication is so potent. Basically, what we have here are two different events that a single replacement effect applies to: First, a creature being dealt damage, and then, Imodane's ability triggering. If the 10 damage dealt is replaced with triple that amount due to City on Fire, Imodane's triggered ability sees 30 damage and attempts to deal 30 damage to each of your opponents, which is then tripled again to 90 damage to each opponent.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”