Edh Sevinne VS Etrata IS IT BUST?

Sliver_Walker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sliver_Walker » 4 years ago

Hi all! My first time posting on here. I've got an odd match up.

Sevinne, the Chronoclast VS Etrata, the (whatever the hell)

Here is the scenario, for arguments sake I will only include the cards in question.

Player 1 is using and has on his side of the field Etrata. Note: Etrata is UNBLOCKABLE
Player 2 is using and has on his side of the field Sevinne equipped with Pariah/Pariah's Shield (either/or) and Spark Double (as Sevinne)

Etrata must deal combat damage for the rest of the ability to work, correct?

Sevinne takes no damage. Equipped with Pariah, Sevinne receives any/all damage dealt to Player 2.

Would Spark Double be exiled with a coin counter due to Etrata? Or would Etrata's ability fizzle out and send him back to the command zone

WizardMN
Answers: 128
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

This sounds like a question for the Rulings forum. And I am not entirely sure of your question but I will try to break it down.

First, please use card tags:

Sevinne, the Chronoclast
Etrata, the Silencer
Pariah
Spark Double

Yes, Etrata must actually deal damage to a player for her ability to work. In this case, no damage is dealt (the damage would be dealt to Sevinne but then it is prevented) so she doesn't trigger at all. Nothing is exiled and she will not go back to the command zone (or shuffled in depending on what they want to do).

I am not entirely clear on what Spark Double is doing or why it would be exiled (with a Hit counter). Can you explain what you are thinking Spark Double would do here?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”