New Challenge Every Day - August 31st: a noncreature with "any player may activate this ability"

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

Today's Challenge: a noncreature with "any player may activate this ability"

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
void_nothing 65 (+3)
netn10 63 (+3)
Raptorchan 63
Rithaniel 56 (+2)
Komandon 44 (+4)
haywire 42
AnotherAlias 10
Crabby 3
Feyd_Ruin 3
CunningGabe 2
Facsimus 2
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Legendary enchantments
Raptorchan wrote:
9 months ago
Votes: void_nothing, Rithaniel

Digital Immortality 4ub
Legendary Enchantment (M)
Hexproof
You don't lose the game for having 0 or less life.
At the beginning of your draw step, draw an additional card.
Whenever you lose life, for each 1 life you lost, exile a card from your hand or from the top of your library.

IIW: New commander mechanic
netn10 wrote:
9 months ago
Votes: Komadon, void_nothing

All But Memories 1WW
Sorcery (Rare)
Put a "This permanent is a legendary enchantment and it loses all other card types and can't gain them" counter on each creature.
"Gideon never left the friends he killed back when his spark ignited, and they never left him. I feel like I personally knew them, and I wish to retell their stories... with a better ending."
- Liliana, to Aminatou

IIW: A "what if?" Story
Rithaniel wrote:
9 months ago
Votes: netn10, Komandon

The Loom of Yedyed
Legendary Enchantment M
You may pay rather than pay the mana costs of spells you cast from exile.
"Yedyed saw the nightmares of those who dreamed under a dark sky. So it took and tamed them, weaving the tapestry of stars from the strands of shimmering dreams it created."
—Mythos of Yunklidana

IIW: Asymmetrical cards
Komandon wrote:
9 months ago
Votes: Netn10 , voids_nothing

The Three-fold Law 3WB
Legendary Enchantment
The Three Fold Law may not be sacrificed.
Whenever another spell or ability you control causes another player to discard a card, draw a card, mill, sacrifice a permanent, lose life or gain life you must have that action happen to you three times. The Three-fold abilities doesn't cause other triggered abilities to trigger.

IIW: A monocolored or colorless nonartifact companion creature.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
9 months ago
netn10 komandon
void_nothing wrote:
9 months ago
Votes: Komandon, Rithaniel

Khrusor is Aimed WW
Legendary Enchantment (R)
As Khrusor is Aimed enters the battlefield, choose a nonland card or token name.
Whenever one or more creatures you control attack a player, tap target creature that player controls.
1WW, Sacrifice Khrusor is Aimed: Destroy each tapped permanent with the chosen name.

IIW: "Whenever a player on your team"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 9 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing

Vizkopa Exchange Facility
Land (Rare)
T: Add W or B. Each opponent creates an artifact Treasure token.
3, Sacrifice a Treasure: Draw a card. Any player may activate this ability.

IIW: "T: Add U or R. Each opponent ___"

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 9 months ago

Votes: Netn10 , voids_nothing

Blood Alter 2
Artifact
Blood Alter enters the battlefield tapped. Blood Alter's activated abilities can't be activated as long as it's tapped.
Sacrifice a creature: add one mana of any color. Controller of sacrificed creature loses 1 life. Any player may active this ability.

IIW: A new mechanic for a Ravinca guild and that Ravinca guild is in the card's name.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 9 months ago

raptorchan rithaniel
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 9 months ago

Votes: Komandon, void_nothing

Community Well
Land R
As Community Well enters the battlefield, each player chooses a color.
: Add .
: Add one mana of the color you chose. Any player may activate this ability but only once each turn.

IIW: A land that only does mana fixing, but which does it in a whole new way.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, Komandon

Rodential Doom 3RR
Enchantment (R)
Rats you control have double strike.
1, Sacrifice a land: Create two 1/1 black Rat creature tokens with "This creature can't block." Any player may activate this ability.

IIW: Aggro Merfolk
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”