Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

Ambassador to Emrakul 2WB
Creature - Eldrazi Processor (R)
Devoid
Lifelink, protecton from Goblins and from Elves
When Ambassador to Emrakul enters the battlefield, you may put three cards your opponents own from exile into their owners' graveyards. If you do, create a tapped 3/3 colorless Eldrazi Angel creature token named End Herald with flying and menace.
3/4

Seep of the Eternities 7
Tribal Enchantment - Eldrazi (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library. If it's an Eldrazi card, you may cast it without paying its mana cost. If you don't cast a spell this way, exile that card and if you do, scry 2 and draw a card.

Voice of the Cryptoliths {11}
Creature - Eldrazi Reflection (R)
Emerge 7UUU (You may cast this spell by sacrificing a creature and paying the emerge cost reduced by that creature's mana value.)
Prowess, ward 6
When you cast this spell, for each other player, choose up to one target nonland, non-commander permanent that player controls. You gain control of each of those permanents.
9/6

Leeraug Remnant 3GG
Creature - Werewolf Horror (R)
Deathtouch
Activated abilities of other Wolves and Werewolves you control cost 1 less to activate. This effect can't reduce the mana in that cost to less than one mana.
8G: Transform Leeraug Remnant.
4/5
///
Leeraug Reshaper
Creature - Eldrazi Werewolf (R)
Deathtouch, indestructible
Whenever Leeraug Reshaper attacks or blocks, choose one -
• You may cast a Wolf, Werewolf, or Eldrazi card from your hand or graveyard without paying its mana cost.
• You may activate an ability of a Wolf, Werewolf, or Eldrazi you control without paying its activation cost.
7/8

Flaring Lycanthrope 1RR
Creature - Werewolf Horror (R)
Other Wolves and Werewolves you control get +1/+0 and can't be blocked by Humans.
{10}RRR: Transform Flaring Lycanthrope.
2/3
///
Effulgent Abomination
Creature - Eldrazi Werewolf (R)
Ward - Pay 13 life.
Other Wolves, Werewolves, and Eldrazi you control get +6/+0 and can't be blocked by non-Eldrazi creatures.
6/9
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 9 months ago

Some things I like:
  • Ward for 13 life on a rare/mythic set on Innistrad. Something you do about exactly once, but something you do.
  • The fundamental idea of each Werewolf Horror:
    • The cost reduction for activated abilities on Wolves and Werewolves is a really good concept to start with - the Werewolf Horrors use it as mechanical identity and many Wolves, especially on Innistrad, have mana sink abilities - (but the back side expands the idea too far for my taste)
    • I like the small pump and the way the evasion evolves on the red Werewolf Horror (but I feel again you go overboard to justify the thirteen mana activation,where a conservative cost/pump might be something that actually stays on board and creates interactive gameplay)
  • The Eldrazi Angel token; that's just a nice idea. Devoid/Processor kinda mechanically places this on Zendikar, but it fits both with Emrakul's association with Emeria there, and with Emrakul's corruption of existing beings (notably some legendary and nonlegendary Angels) on Innistrad.

Ever heard of: "Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing left to add but when there nothing left to take away"? As a whole these feel like there is something left to take away, though it's also hard to tell sometimes what exactly that is. Other times it's prowess.

I also notice that while trying to avoid self-pumping on the red Werewolf Horror you end up not granting it the evasion ability either - which is unusual for lords and in this case feels not intuitive to me. Maybe grant the effect to "attacking" rather than "other" and adjust p/t accordingly?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

Thanks for the thorough specific comments! I went back and forth on a LOT of things about the two Werewolf ones.

I will also note that Ambassador to Emrakul is meant as a mirror of Ambassador to Kozilek. Obviously, the Processors are Ulamog's theme, so I made one each for the other two titans, each of which uses the Processor ability to create a powerful token reflecting the theme of that titan. They also each have protection from the Zendikar characteristic tribes associated with the colors of the other one.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”