Something new for MTG industry!

iamllama
Pronoun: she / her

Post by iamllama » 9 months ago

Hey guys. hope I'm in the right place to post it😐 It's a shoutout to the community :grin: Not a bot. Will answer questions. Hope for your kind responce :care: :care: :care:

We're a new MTG-related tech start-up "Magic Token" and we've created something new for the MTG industry. I'd really appreciate your feedback and support here and on the website: https://magic-tokens.com/

Share & comment are highly appreciated too 😺
Cheers!

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 9 months ago

iamllama wrote:
9 months ago
Not a bot.
Sure, that's exactly what a bot would say. How about you describe this "something new" to all us nexusites? What is the product/idea?

Seems suspicious to just drop a link and say "Check it out!". Why should we? Who are you?
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 9 months ago

Yeah, seems very bot-ty
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

iamllama

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
9 months ago
iamllama wrote:
9 months ago
Not a bot.
Sure, that's exactly what a bot would say. How about you describe this "something new" to all us nexusites? What is the product/idea?

Seems suspicious to just drop a link and say "Check it out!". Why should we? Who are you?

Oh my, I didn't mean to be rude or annoying, so I've given you little info to avoid any "predefined" opinion.

But If you do want more details — i'd love to giva some)

So the product is the compact digital programmable device, that can be used as a:

Counter (both single and double)
Token (Creature, Treasure, Clue..)
Tool (Coin Flipper, Timer, Dice roller)

As a bonus, you can adjust the ambient RGB light to match your deck/card identity.

It's going to be the set of four wirelessly chargeable tokens + charging mat (as a set)

Well... it's the long story short, in fact. All the details are available on the website🙃

Not sure if this piece of information is enough, but I'd STRONGLY appreciate the feedback on the product and the website❤️

iamllama

RxPhantom wrote:
9 months ago
Yeah, seems very bot-ty
Probably. Yet i'm not😁 Live person. She/her. Enthusiastic about the MTG community feedback on the new product🙌🏼

Hopefully hearing from you too!

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 9 months ago

Okay, I guess I believe that. So sorry for the skepticism, we get lots of spam round these parts.

Feedback on the product: you've got some stiff competition from Infinitoken. This is a neat idea, but it's overdeveloped imo. Out of everything I have to plug in to charge, I don't personally want my tokens to be one of them.

Imagine this scenario: a friend calls you up and invites you to jam some games at the LGS on weekday night. You get off work at 5, game night starts at 6:30. You have enough time to commute home, shower, eat, grab all your MtG stuff, then head to the shop to play. The last thing I want in such a situation is to show up ready to play and then realize I forgot to charge my tokens and have to scribble them out on scrap paper anyway.

Basically, I think you're better off designing a high quality analog option for tokens, life counters, etc. or programming a competitive option for an existing medium (e.g. mobile apps) than trying to reinvent the wheel by splitting the difference between the two options with physical tokens reliant on electricity.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

iamllama

Big BIG appreciation for the feedback! It is priceless. I mean it :)

As a matter of fact, I agree as much as can be, that's why all the tokens are wirelessly chargeable and the charging mat is a part of the set)

So, you can just grab it all, get into the game, while some of your tokens rest at the mat, charging and are ready to be used.

We came up with this solution exactly for this reason.

🙌🏼 Love your involvement

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 8 months ago

Moved to Self-Promotion.
We allow advertising / self-promotion, as long as it's in this forum. @iamllama :)

Are you one of the developers/owners, or a paid promoter?
Do you have a target price point for the product?
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

iamllama

Post by iamllama » 8 months ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
8 months ago
Moved to Self-Promotion.
We allow advertising / self-promotion, as long as it's in this forum. @iamllama :)

Are you one of the developers/owners, or a paid promoter?
Do you have a target price point for the product?
I actually am a part of the development team 👾
Thank you for mooving it to the right topic!

The target price for the lux. edition set is $250 (Four programmable (preset program to cover like almost ALL the MTG combination needs), wirelesly chargeable tokens with touchscreen and a bunch of functions + a convenient charging mat)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Self-Promotion”