Braids' Nightmares

MrBloo
Pronoun: he / him

Post by MrBloo » 4 months ago

The more of those things you run the more attractive mass reanimation spells like Living Death becomes too. I myself am brewing a version to hopefully get to test soon.

Tags:

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Post by cheonice » 4 months ago

Updates! I finally managed to update my decklist! Hope I get to test the new version next week.

There are still some choices I'm not sure about:
  • I think I want to play 30 Swamps. The cuts would probably be Barren Moor and maybe Pit of Offerings or Downyard Temple. I like that the Pit is another Bojuka Bog variant, but it's a bad one. I can sac the Temple to Braids and get it back later, so that's nice. Other than that it's quite a bad land. Not sure, why I cutted Cabal Coffers last time :D
  • I'm not sure that I need both Ashnod's Altar and Phyrexian Altar. I'm not a actually spamming creatures, but with my reanimation suite and my big mana spells, both are quite potent.
  • My reanimation package. All the cards in this list worked quite well for me, but maybe I'm blinded by nostalgia.

Braid's Nightmares

//Commander

//Tutor (3)

Approximate Total Cost:

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 3 months ago

Im still putting my list together, early in the year its hard to justify buying cards.

But I keep thinking about Braids and the more I do, the more I like the idea of Cursed Totem

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Post by cheonice » 3 months ago

duducrash wrote:
3 months ago
Im still putting my list together, early in the year its hard to justify buying cards.

But I keep thinking about Braids and the more I do, the more I like the idea of Cursed Totem
Sounds neat, but is probably a meta call. Does your playgroup play a lot of mana dorks or commander's with activated abilities? Than it's probably a slam dunk. On the other hand it curves nicely into Braids, so you can sac it, if the game has no need for that kind of hate.

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Post by cheonice » 2 months ago

My cards arrived, so this is the new decklist:
Decklist

//Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

I recently played a game where I my hand was full of lategame stuff and nothing worked. It was kinda frustrating. So I tried to lower my mana curve and put in another draw card for some lategame ramp. We'll see how this works out.

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Post by cheonice » 2 weeks ago

Finally I got the time for a few games. Braids did absolutely everything! I played against Liberator, Urza's Battlethopter, Pantlaza, Sun-Favored, and Jinnie Fay, Jetmir's Second.
I got the following dream start:
Turn 1: Swamp, Sol Ring, Mycosynth Wellspring
Turn 2: Braids, sac Wellspring, draw 3
Turn 3: Jadar, Ghoulcaller of Nephalia, draw 3
and so on.
I pretty much dominated the whole game, even with Pantlaza, Sun-Favored cascading into scary dino after scary dino.
The game ended, when I managed to drop Cabal Coffers next to Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, casted Exsanguinate for 20 and killed the last standing player with an attack
- a stereotypical MBC-Style win!

I think I want to play some additional removal, even with drawing a bunch of cards I didn't see as many as a wished.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”