The Website Ate My Homework

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 10 months ago

So I typed up this lovely little control skeleton over in the Commander Decklists subforum, and the second I hit submit, the entire body of my post disappeared. I know the site won't let me post blank threads, so I know it knows I wrote something. I just want to know where it went and why.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 10 months ago

Paging @Feyd_Ruin - I think there's issues previewing posts as well?

TAS: What you typed up is all saved, just not displaying.
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Code: Select all

I dunno know if anyone remembers Lorwyn/Shadowmoor Standard, but 5 color control in that format was freaking [i]sweet[/i]. Let's take a look:
[deck=PT Kyoto Gabriel Nassif #1]
27 LANDS
2 Cascade Bluffs
2 Exotic Orchard
3 Island
1 Mystic Gate
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Sunken Ruins
2 Vivid Crag
4 Vivid Creek
3 Vivid Marsh
2 Vivid Meadow
13 CREATURES
3 Broodmate Dragon
4 Mulldrifter
3 Plumeveil
3 Wall of Reverence
20 INSTANTS and SORC.
4 Broken Ambitions
1 Celestial Purge
2 Cruel Ultimatum
4 Cryptic Command
4 Esper Charm
1 Terror
4 Volcanic Fallout
1 OTHER SPELLS
1 Pithing Needle
SIDEBOARD
1 Celestial Purge
2 Infest
2 Negate
1 Remove Soul
4 Scepter of Fugue
1 Wispmare
2 Wrath of God
2 Wydwen, the Biting Gale
[deck]
Now, it kind of looks like a pile, but this deck left a big impression on me as a young player. With careful play, strong cards, and perfect mana, it was always one of the cooler decks running around at the time (way more fun to lose against at FNM than faeries). The days of that deck are long gone, but I always wanted to build a five color control deck ever since. Over years, I have steadily collected my manabase and finally, I can realize this dream in EDH.

Behold! Cromat Loam Control!

Commander
Cromat 

Lands
10 triomes
10 Shocks
11 fetches
5 basics
5-7 clutch nonbasics

Not lands
1 life from the loam 
1 Fluctuator
1 Approach of the Second Sun
10 tutors 
8-10 wipes
9-12 counters
10-15 removal
10-15 fogs/Stall cards

....or something like that. The core engine is loam + the manabase, using fetches to make land drops and the unused triomes to cycle. Finding loam is priority one, finding fluctuator is priority two. From that point, the goal becomes to stall and survive until I can dig into Approach and put the game away or maul someone in the air with Cromat. 

Unfortunately, other than that loose outline of the loam engine, I have no clue how to best build five color control. I'm admittedly not a fabulous brewer. Any and all help/advice is appreciated!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 10 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
10 months ago
Paging @Feyd_Ruin - I think there's issues previewing posts as well?

TAS: What you typed up is all saved, just not displaying.
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Code: Select all

I dunno know if anyone remembers Lorwyn/Shadowmoor Standard, but 5 color control in that format was freaking [i]sweet[/i]. Let's take a look:
[deck=PT Kyoto Gabriel Nassif #1]
27 LANDS
2 Cascade Bluffs
2 Exotic Orchard
3 Island
1 Mystic Gate
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Sunken Ruins
2 Vivid Crag
4 Vivid Creek
3 Vivid Marsh
2 Vivid Meadow
13 CREATURES
3 Broodmate Dragon
4 Mulldrifter
3 Plumeveil
3 Wall of Reverence
20 INSTANTS and SORC.
4 Broken Ambitions
1 Celestial Purge
2 Cruel Ultimatum
4 Cryptic Command
4 Esper Charm
1 Terror
4 Volcanic Fallout
1 OTHER SPELLS
1 Pithing Needle
SIDEBOARD
1 Celestial Purge
2 Infest
2 Negate
1 Remove Soul
4 Scepter of Fugue
1 Wispmare
2 Wrath of God
2 Wydwen, the Biting Gale
[deck]
Now, it kind of looks like a pile, but this deck left a big impression on me as a young player. With careful play, strong cards, and perfect mana, it was always one of the cooler decks running around at the time (way more fun to lose against at FNM than faeries). The days of that deck are long gone, but I always wanted to build a five color control deck ever since. Over years, I have steadily collected my manabase and finally, I can realize this dream in EDH.

Behold! Cromat Loam Control!

Commander
Cromat 

Lands
10 triomes
10 Shocks
11 fetches
5 basics
5-7 clutch nonbasics

Not lands
1 life from the loam 
1 Fluctuator
1 Approach of the Second Sun
10 tutors 
8-10 wipes
9-12 counters
10-15 removal
10-15 fogs/Stall cards

....or something like that. The core engine is loam + the manabase, using fetches to make land drops and the unused triomes to cycle. Finding loam is priority one, finding fluctuator is priority two. From that point, the goal becomes to stall and survive until I can dig into Approach and put the game away or maul someone in the air with Cromat. 

Unfortunately, other than that loose outline of the loam engine, I have no clue how to best build five color control. I'm admittedly not a fabulous brewer. Any and all help/advice is appreciated!
That is bizarre. Thanks for finding it though!
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 10 months ago

I Reanimateed it.

It's suppose to just not parse broken tags (deck tag wasn't closed right), but for some reason it made it simply not parse the entire post. Apologies.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”