[Deck] Amulet Titan

Community RulesModern Forum Rules
Read Before Posting
User avatar
FoodChainGoblins
Level 47
Posts: 863
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: Riverside

Post by FoodChainGoblins » 1 year ago

TheAnnihilator wrote:
1 year ago
So can we talk about how Moraug, Fury of Akoum + Sakura-Tribe Scout + bounceland is infinite combat steps? :D
Didn't think of that. :dizzy:

I saw the card and thought, hmm, powerful, gonna be GREAT in Commander. Oh yeah, I hate Commander. :unamused:
Standard - Will pick up what's good when paper starts
Pre Modern - Do not own anymore
Pioneer - DEAD
Modern - Jund Sacrifice, Jeskai Phoenix, Elementals, Trollementals, BR Asmo/Goryo's, Yawmoth Chord
Legacy - No more cards, will rebuy Sneak Show when I can
Limited - Will start when paper starts
Commander - Nope

User avatar
TheAnnihilator
Posts: 222
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: US
Contact:

Post by TheAnnihilator » 1 year ago

Wait, I stand corrected about Moraug. It only triggers on main phase and, most importantly, does not grant additional main phases. So you could trigger for a ton of combat phases in Main 1 or 2, but it's not infinite.

I don't know if it really changes the effect of the card tho, tbh. A few swings with Titan is probably good enough. :)

User avatar
TheAnnihilator
Posts: 222
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: US
Contact:

Post by TheAnnihilator » 1 year ago

I just managed to get my FIRST ever 5-0 on MTGO!

Spoiler alert: I was playing a no-nonsense Amulet Titan list. ;)
Last edited by TheAnnihilator 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheAnnihilator
Posts: 222
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: US
Contact:

Post by TheAnnihilator » 1 year ago

Been messing around with a list with Bala Ged Recovery // Bala Ged Sanctuary, Tangled Florahedron // Tangled Vale, and Kazandu Mammoth // Kazandu Valley on MTGO. The new mechanic feels pretty promising, and has outperformed my expectations. Only been testing in free to play rooms, but will probably post a league with it when I get a list I feel is most solid.

A few nice upsides: Bala Ged Recovery // Bala Ged Sanctuary is great for getting back discarded Titans or rebuying SPact to set up Dryad without using a TWest, Tangled Florahedron // Tangled Vale plays around Blood Moon, Damping sphere, and... Confounding Conundrum . Yikes.

User avatar
TheAnnihilator
Posts: 222
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: US
Contact:

Post by TheAnnihilator » 11 months ago

Anyone have a nice spicy list for me to test on the channel? :)

User avatar
TheAnnihilator
Posts: 222
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: US
Contact:

Post by TheAnnihilator » 7 months ago

RFM recently made a video to introduce complete beginners to Amulet Titan. If you're trying to learn new things about the deck, you should check it out!

Last edited by TheAnnihilator 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FoodChainGoblins
Level 47
Posts: 863
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: Riverside

Post by FoodChainGoblins » 3 months ago

I went 2-2 at a 15 person MNM.

Round 1 vs. Jeskai Stoneblade. 2-0.

Round 2 vs. Sun and Moon (RW hate). 0-2.

Round 3 vs. Jeskai Midrange. 2-0.

Round 4 vs. Yorion Niv. 1-2.

I go a disappointing 2-2. The last loss was tough. I really should have mulliganed, but was hoping to face multiple Thoughtseize and durdling.
Standard - Will pick up what's good when paper starts
Pre Modern - Do not own anymore
Pioneer - DEAD
Modern - Jund Sacrifice, Jeskai Phoenix, Elementals, Trollementals, BR Asmo/Goryo's, Yawmoth Chord
Legacy - No more cards, will rebuy Sneak Show when I can
Limited - Will start when paper starts
Commander - Nope

User avatar
TheAnnihilator
Posts: 222
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: US
Contact:

Post by TheAnnihilator » 3 months ago

What was your list?

User avatar
FoodChainGoblins
Level 47
Posts: 863
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: Riverside

Post by FoodChainGoblins » 3 months ago

TheAnnihilator wrote:
3 months ago
What was your list?
The main was close to this.

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=31492&d=444000&f=MO

But my side was very different, including 4 Aether Gust.
Standard - Will pick up what's good when paper starts
Pre Modern - Do not own anymore
Pioneer - DEAD
Modern - Jund Sacrifice, Jeskai Phoenix, Elementals, Trollementals, BR Asmo/Goryo's, Yawmoth Chord
Legacy - No more cards, will rebuy Sneak Show when I can
Limited - Will start when paper starts
Commander - Nope

User avatar
TheAnnihilator
Posts: 222
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: US
Contact:

Post by TheAnnihilator » 3 months ago

FoodChainGoblins wrote:
3 months ago
TheAnnihilator wrote:
3 months ago
What was your list?
The main was close to this.

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=31492&d=444000&f=MO

But my side was very different, including 4 Aether Gust.
Why Gust?

User avatar
FoodChainGoblins
Level 47
Posts: 863
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: Riverside

Post by FoodChainGoblins » 3 months ago

TheAnnihilator wrote:
3 months ago
FoodChainGoblins wrote:
3 months ago
TheAnnihilator wrote:
3 months ago
What was your list?
The main was close to this.

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=31492&d=444000&f=MO

But my side was very different, including 4 Aether Gust.
Why Gust?
I thought it was still a very good card, albeit hard to cast.

What is your current list? I really need to play a deck that beats UR this weekend. :)
Standard - Will pick up what's good when paper starts
Pre Modern - Do not own anymore
Pioneer - DEAD
Modern - Jund Sacrifice, Jeskai Phoenix, Elementals, Trollementals, BR Asmo/Goryo's, Yawmoth Chord
Legacy - No more cards, will rebuy Sneak Show when I can
Limited - Will start when paper starts
Commander - Nope

User avatar
TheAnnihilator
Posts: 222
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: US
Contact:

Post by TheAnnihilator » 3 months ago

FoodChainGoblins wrote:
3 months ago

I thought it was still a very good card, albeit hard to cast.

What is your current list? I really need to play a deck that beats UR this weekend. :)
My current list is:

I think EE and Relic are very well positioned currently, and my plan against Ragavan is Dismembers+Grazers and pray. :P I could see cutting the Foundation Breaker for a 3rd Force of Vigor, but I've run into enough odd situations where Pacting for Breaker comes up against decks like Hammer Time, Enchantress, ETron, Amulet, etc. that I like having 1 in the board personally, and I've already got 3 Dismember 3 EE for Hammer Time, so the 3rd FoV doesn't feel super necessary.

User avatar
TheAnnihilator
Posts: 222
Joined: 2 years ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: US
Contact:

Post by TheAnnihilator » 2 months ago

TheAnnihilator wrote:
3 months ago
FoodChainGoblins wrote:
3 months ago

I thought it was still a very good card, albeit hard to cast.

What is your current list? I really need to play a deck that beats UR this weekend. :)
My current list is:

I think EE and Relic are very well positioned currently, and my plan against Ragavan is Dismembers+Grazers and pray. :P I could see cutting the Foundation Breaker for a 3rd Force of Vigor, but I've run into enough odd situations where Pacting for Breaker comes up against decks like Hammer Time, Enchantress, ETron, Amulet, etc. that I like having 1 in the board personally, and I've already got 3 Dismember 3 EE for Hammer Time, so the 3rd FoV doesn't feel super necessary.
Played this list -2 Force of Vigor, -1 Pact of Negation —> +1 Pithing Needle, +2 Tireless Tracker to a 4-0 finish and a split for first at FNM last night (played last match for fun anyways and got it 2-1). Forgot that my Forces were at home in my Infect deck, so I had to play without them. Nobody plays control locally, so I cut the Negation for Pithing Needle since a few people have played Asmo Food nonsense in the past. Matches were 2-1 Naya Reclaimer, 2-1 Naya Burn, 2-1 UR Ragavan [Lurrus], and 2-1 Domain Zoo.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Big Mana”