Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 11 months ago

Cor Jaffel: Origins
THE BROTHERS BANIR

"Image"

Jin pulled back the leather flap that served as some semblance of a door, peeking her head in before she took a step. "And how are my lovely brothers doing today?" She asked joyfully.

A solemn look and dismissive glance from Nolond told her all she needed to know.

"Oh. Another one of those nights, huh?"

He sat for a moment, trying to find the right words, before simply saying "It's getting worse." Another pause. "and I don't just mean more frequent. I barely pulled him through last night. Hell. *I* barely made it through last night."

She took a step towards him, but his hand went up to stop her.

"You don't want me to ease your pain?" she asked.

"Not today. Today I need to remember the pain if I am to have the guts to do what I need to."

She stood there, still barely within the doorway, waiting for him to explain what he meant.

"Image"

"He's getting worse. A lot worse. We still have another year of summer, and even then it'll be a while before he calms down. And that's supposing it doesn't kill him first. Or me for that matter."

She stood still, wanting to comfort him, but knowing there was nothing to say.

"So. I've made up my mind. I've gathered up some coin, and we're buying passage on a ship to Uqnitum." Noland said.

"But what if they can't help him? Uqnitum is heading into summer, and he'd have years of this again?"

"I honestly — honestly — don't think he'll last if we don't get him help. The metas are our progenitors; if anyone can help him, they can. If they can't, we'll just hop another ship and move south."

"How did you even get the coin for a ship?" she asked, pointedly.

"Yeah. Don't ask. Let's just say that getting on that ship is in my best interest either way." Nolond deflected.

"Have you talked to Yogun about this? What's he say."

"I haven't. Honestly, I made the decision after I finally calmed him down last night. I knew there was a ship heading there today — the thought had already been there, but after last night... I just needed to make it happen."

"That bad, huh?" she asked.

"These visions are going to kill him. Or I'll try to take too much on and they'll kill me. Or they'll make me go insane and I'll kill him." he joked.

"Don't say that. You'd never hurt him" she responded.

"What are you talking about it? I'd let him put me out of my misery if he were ever up for it" Yogun joked as he came out the back room to join them.

"Image"

"Yogun!" She ran over to him, giving him a hug, before holding his cheek in her hand. Warmth flowed from her hand, and his disheveled look grew peaceful within a moment.

He walked over to where his brother sat. "Thanks. Yeah, it was definitely a rough night." A simple glance and a small pat on the shoulder told Nolond that Yogun was more appreciative of his brother than he could say.

"So to Uqnitum, eh?" Yogun asks.

"I know you'll want to fight me on this, —" Nolond started.

"No no" Yogun interrupted. "After last night, what little fight I might have had in me is gone. If you think the metas on Uqnitum can help, I'll go."

A small look of suprise hit Nolonds face, and all were quiet for a moment.

"It's settled then!" Jin said suddenly. "We're going to Uqnitum."

"Woah, wait a moment" Nolond interjected. "I'm not dragging you across the plane through gods know what with us." A stern look from Jin countered his argument. "Besides, I don't have enough coin for all three of us to take passage."

"Yes you do" Yogun interrupted.

"Oh what, through all your mad hallucinations last night, with ramblings of aether krakens and strange havens in the abyss, you managed to see just how many coins I'd be able to steal this morning?!" Nolond retorted.

"34 damarters, and it's only ten per person for the trip." Yogun said calmly.

A look of utter annoyance and frustration on Nolonds face confirmed the truth.

"It's settled then. We're all three going. Your brother needs me as much as he needs you. If you're going to get him help, I'm coming with you." she said.

"Gods, you're as annoying as my brother" Nolond quipped.

"And that's why you adopted me as your sister. We're three sides of the same blade."
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Authors notes:
Go easy. This is literally the first thing I've written in 10+ years.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 11 months ago

Ten damarters per person? What a deal!

This is all very vague but it's nice to see some little detail on the... space metathran(?) main characters of Cor Jaffel.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

They are called the "neothran" or sometimes just the "thran". The history will slowly be revealed, but yes, they're basically metathran. Cor Jaffel is a slightly sci-fi dystopian plane, where there's multiple land masses floating in a nexus around the core of the plane.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 10 months ago

so this is what metathran look like if they survive to modern times?

I got used too much to their hair style in Invasion block.

damarters is the currency of methatran nation?

hmm, and interesting story.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 10 months ago

The Fluff wrote:
10 months ago
so this is what metathran look like if they survive to modern times?

I got used too much to their hair style in Invasion block.
Genetically re-engineered metathran who now have genders, children, etc.
Hair is still white, but they've developed more than one hair style in the last 300+ years :rofl:
The Fluff wrote:
10 months ago
damarters is the currency of methatran nation?
The common currency of Cor Jaffel's more established settlements.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fan Fiction”