[ELD] Syr Faren, the Hengehammer (Reddit)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

"Image"

So many possibilities for modern mono green stompy all of a sudden. Keep it coming. Might make me dust off my copy of the deck that still packs Leatherback Baloth.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

Syr Faren, the Hengehammer looks to be my favorite of the uncommon legendary knight cycle. For one, it provides a solid base to voltron up, since it also buffs a friend. For two, it's a bear riding a bear.

RedCheese

Post by RedCheese » 4 years ago

Strange that the green part of the cycle is the smallest. Also hes very good.

CTNC

Post by CTNC » 4 years ago

So... 2/2, costs 2, riding a bear... Who else is thinking of Bear Force One?

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

this guy has the potential of being explosive in mono g stompy.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 years ago

so since this is the last uncommon legendary knights of the cycle, if I may have a moment

I don't like them (I of course want them and want to play them and will buy whatever they print really)

they have no flavor of knight (this guy is apparently bear force one, not knight rider bear haha)

in my eyes a knight in mtg should be able to win a fight against its vanilla counterpart. flanking, first strike, protection, blah blah blah just name a combat driven ability that favors this thesis and you got it.

knights don't have a hierarchy like angels, just squire and knight, but within the knight name you have ranks of power. this is where the second ability would come in. knights aren't wizards. so the second ability should favor the battlefield, a sorta "send in the knights feeling". to break down this guy, you go into battle with 10 of your strong fighters, then this knight comes in, and instead of supporting the whole army he picks one lucky guy, probably the only guy, that will win in combat haha. . .anyway. . .lame

and what grinds me is they (wizards) had this one chance. . .as eldraine may never be seen again. . .this one chance to make cool knights. . .and (to me) they just bombed it

disclaimers and such here for example your opinion is just as important as mine and let this not be the grenade that destroys the bridge between us or you know what maybe these will play out and be 5$ uncommons and ill chew my own word with vigor haha

my snarky comment about this guy, is every henge a nail, or when he hits things does he make little henges I don't get it. seems like a very specific hammer, like a meat hammer. well maybe

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”