void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Today's Challenge: New theme for GWU

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
void_nothing 58 (+2)
Rithaniel 54 (+1)
netn10 51 (+1)
haywire 35
JovialJovian 22
Wren 15
Avacyn Believer 8
kwanyeegor-ii 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
-1/-1 creature or smaller
netn10 wrote:
1 year ago
Vote: void_nothing

Creature - Avatar (Rare)
You have no maximum hand size.
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card.
Avatar of Mindfulness gets +1/+1 for each card in your hand.
-7/-7

IIW: Mono black destroy enchantment
Rithaniel wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

This one was a really difficult one to design for.

Negative
Creature - Incarnation R
Other creatures get -11/-11.
Creatures are treated as though their toughness is the negative of its actual value.
Creatures deal damage as though their power is the negative of its actual value.
: Negative gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
-4/-4

IIW: Battle - War
War Def
Show
Hide
Wars are a subtype of battles I made for a NCED last month. You can use this definition or make your own.

(As a War enters, each player gets a copy to protect. Each player can attack copies they aren't protecting.)
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Vote: Rithaniel

Skullbriar Overgrown BBGG
Legendary Creature - Zombie Elemental (M)
Trample, lifelink
Whenever another nonland permanent is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, if Skullbriar is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, put four +1/+1 counters on Skullbriar, then you may pay 2. If you do, you may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped.
Counters remain on Skullbriar as it moves to any zone other than a player's hand or library.
Sacrifice three Swamps and three Forests: Return Skullbriar from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate only as a sorcery.
-4/-4

IIW: Kami legends
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Wren
Lord of Landfall
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Wren » 1 year ago

(I have no idea how new this theme actually is, but I tried my best.)

Explorative Conscription 1GWU
Enchantment (R)
You may play an additional land on each of your turns.
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.
Alliance - Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, scry 1.
People need land to live on, and a military to protect them. Why not have one organisation for both of those needs?

IIW: quad-colour commanders

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Vote: Rithaniel

Heavenly Ascension GWU
Enchantment (Rare)
Whenever you sacrifice a creature, you may put a creature card with the same mana value from your hand onto the battlefield. If you do, it becomes a 4/4 white Angel with flying.

IIW: Bant Sacrifice

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 1 year ago

Progress and Preservation
Enchantment R
When Progress and Preservation enters the battlefield, you gain 2 life and can play an additional two lands this turn was spent to cast it, and then you scry 2 and draw two cards if was spent to cast it.
, Return Progress and Preservation to its owner's hand: Spells target player casts cost more to cast this turn.
"Sometimes, everyone's demands can be met. You just have to engage in a debate."
—Garden Bureaucrat

IIW: Goblin versions of non-Goblin legendary creatures
Last edited by Rithaniel 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

netn10 rithaniel
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Sower of Arcanum 2GWU
Creature - Archon (R)
Flying, indestructible
Sower of Arcanum gets +3/+3 for each Aura you control attached to a land you control.
1/1

IIW: Hydras without X in the cost
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”