void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Today's Challenge: counters that aren't +1/+1 counters

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
void_nothing 40 (+2)
Rithaniel 34 (+2)
netn10 33 (+1)
haywire 28 (+2)
JovialJovian 22
Wren 9 (+3)
Avacyn Believer 8
kwanyeegor-ii 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
A usually positive mechanic used as a drawback
netn10 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Wren, Rithaniel

Brink of Insanity B
Sorcery (Rare)
If you discard Brink of Insanity, you lose 3 life.
You draw a card and you lose 1 life. At the end of turn, discard your hand.
Buyback 1

IIW: Buyback
Wren wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: haywire, void_nothing

Targeted Sickness 8BBB
Enchantment (M)
When Targeted Sickness enters the battlefield, choose a creature type. Creatures of the chosen type gain deathtouch and get -1/-1 for each creature on the battlefield that share a creature type with it.

IIW: Tricolour commanders
Rithaniel wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: haywire, Wren

Embodiment of Curses
Creature - Incarnation R
Convoke
Multikicker
When Embodiment of Curses enters the battlefield, tap or untap up to one target creature for each time it was kicked, and then destroy all tapped creatures.
"I've seen what waits on the far side of the wall, and I dread the day that it crosses over. No one will be happy that day."
—Gelad, the Tavern Prophet

5/9

IIW: Make a new creature type that is technically already covered (like "Crane," instead of "Bird")
haywire wrote:
1 year ago
votes: netn10, void_nothing

Forced Evolution
Enchantment {R}
Creatures your opponents control have evolve.
Creatures your opponents control can't attack or block unless their controller pays for each +1/+1 counter on them.
, : Each player creates a 0/0 blue and green Hydra Mutant creature token with X +1/+1 counters on it.
The Simic had a unique way of extracting information from uncooperative guests. Growing a third limb or becoming covered in scales was enough to break most people.

IIW: a new type of counter
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Wren, Rithaniel

Nailfang Vermin B
Creature - Rat Mutant (U)
First strike, haste
Evolve (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
Whenever a +1/+1 counter is placed on Nailfang Vermin, you lose 1 life.
1/1

IIW: An opponent takes an extra step, phase, or turn
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Votes: void_nothing, haywire

Turn up the Heat R
Enchantment (Rare)
1R: Put a heat counter on target spell or permanent. (If a source would deal damage to a permanent or player, it deals that much damage plus 1 to that permanent or player instead for each heat counter it has.)

IIW: New kind of counters.

Wren
Lord of Landfall
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Wren » 1 year ago

Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing

Thassis, the Unknown GWUB
Legendary Creature - Horror (M)
4, T: Create a 1/1 white Horror creature token. Put a Trample, Vigilance, Flying and Deathtouch counter on it. If GWUB was spent to activate this ability, untap Thassis.
3 ,T: Move a counter from target creature you control onto another target creature you control. If UUU was spent to activate this ability, untap Thassis.
3/3

IIW: Alliance

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, Wren

World-Curse Wall
Creature - Wall C
Defender
When World-Curse Wall blocks for the first time, put a numb counter on target creature it is blocking. (Creatures with numb counters lose all abilities and have base power and toughness 1/1.)
"It's beautiful, from a distance. Yet anything that approaches it walks away with a dead look in its eyes."
—Defender Landus

0/5

IIW: Legendary Sac Lands
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Votes: Rithaniel, haywire

Gonti's Modifications 3B
Instant (U)
Choose one or both -
• Put three +1/+1 counters on target artifact or creature. You lose 1 life.
• Target player mills six cards and you get EEE (three energy counters). You lose 1 life.
"I think we'll both find these specifications are simply better."

IIW: Cards derived from concepts from other games
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

haywire

Post by haywire » 1 year ago

votes: rithaniel, void_nothing

Battlefield General
Creature - Human Soldier {R}
First strike
Whenever the last defense counter is removed from a battle you protect, you may put 3 defense counters on another target battle you protect. Do this only once each turn.
Whenever the last defense counter is removed from a battle an opponent protects, you may remove 3 defense counters from another target battle that player protects. Do this only once each turn.
Battlefield General gets +X/+X, where X is the number of battles you protect.
2/3

IIW: "players can't..."

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

netn10 rithaniel
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 1 year ago

Votes - Rithaniel, haywire

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”