New Challenge Every Day - April 30th: Iconic creatures colorshifted into both ally colors

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Today's Challenge: Iconic creatures colorshifted into both ally colors (WB Sphinxes, GU Angels, RW Hydras, etc.)

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
Rithaniel 74 (+2)
void_nothing 63 (+2)
netn10 52 (+2)
haywire 49 (+1)
JovialJovian 39 (+1)
kwanyeegor-ii 9
Apellosine 3
MonoRedMage 1
.::Note of the Day::.

netn10 was the tied winner with the lowest overall score, but had no IIW - since I was the player with the next-lowest, the challenge fell to me.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Shadow (the keyword)
Rithaniel wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: void_nothing, netn10

Walker in the Void
Creature - Incarnation M
If Walker in the Void is in your opening hand, you may begin with it on the battlefield.
Shadow, ward
Walker in the Void can't attack during your first, second, or third turn of the game.
"There shouldn't be anything in this darkness . . ."
—Last words of a Sayta explorer

4/2

IIW: Obligate colorless mana on a non-Eldrazi-flavored card
netn10 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Rithaniel, haywire

Step's Tailer 2B
Creature - Shade (Rare)
Shadow
When Step's Tailer enters the battlefield, choose a creature.
Whenever the chosen creature changes state or moves a zone, Step's Tailer do so as well.
2/2

IIW: Rare or mythic stun counters
haywire wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: jovialjovian, void_nothing

Death's Door Pendant
Artifact {U}
,: Target creature you control gains shadow until end of turn. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step. Activate only as a sorcery.
, , Sacrifice Death's Door Pendant: Put target creature card from your graveyard onto the battlefield. It gains haste and shadow. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step. Activate only as a sorcery.
Traveling through death's realm gets you to your destination, but there is a price that must be paid.

IIW: Flicker
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Soltari Rangers 3W
Creature - Soltari Archer Ranger (U)
Reach, shadow
W: Soltari Rangers loses shadow until end of turn.
4W: Soltari Rangers gains indestructible until end of turn.
3/3

IIW: A new card for an existing God creature
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 1 year ago

Votes: haywire, void_nothing

Day Corodana
Creature - Leviathan M
Flying
When Day Corodana enters the battlefield, destroy each creature with power 4 or greater. Then return each creature card with power 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.
It churns the afterlife, as other leviathans churn the ocean.
3/13
////////// (Modal)
Night Corodana
Creature - Leviathan M
Night Corodana can't be blocked except by three or more creatures.
When Night Corodana enters the battlefield, return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield, then each player loses life equal to their total combined power.
It drowns the soul, as other leviathans drown mortals.
9/4

IIW: Take more than one turn after this one
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Votes: haywire, Rithaniel

Demon of Chaotic Fun 2UR
Creature - Demon Clown (Rare)
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice each other permanent you control. Reveal that many cards from the top of your library, put each permanent revealed this way onto the battlefield, then exile the rest.
4/4

IIW: Clown/Coward

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 1 year ago

haywire , Rithaniel

Sandwurm of the Dry Sea 3RW
Creature - Wurm (Rare)
Players can't untap more than one artifact, creature, and land during their untap steps. (They untap one of each.)
4/5

IIW: Rare race types (Bushwaggs, Nightstalker, etc)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

rithaniel haywire

Archangel of Discovery 3GU
Creature - Angel (Rare)
Flash
Flying
Whenever you gain life, you may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.
Whenever you create one or more creature tokens, you may draw a card.
4/4
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

haywire

Post by haywire » 1 year ago

votes: rithaniel, void_nothing

Legion of Heads
Creature - Hydra {R}
Mentor
Legion of Heads enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters, and one half of X counters of your choice from among haste, menace, first strike and vigilance, rounded down.
Whenever Legion of Heads mentors a creature, you may place any counter from among those on Legion of Heads instead of a +1/+1 counter on the mentored creature.

IIW: Keywords or abilities in colors they haven't been in before (or have been in very rarely)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, haywire

Gnashjaw Tyrant 4BG
Creature - Dragon (R)
Flying, deathtouch
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, create a Food token unless that player pays 3.
3, T, Sacrifice three Foods: Destroy target permanent.
The dragons of some planes are ruled not by avarice but by gluttony.
6/6

IIW: "becomes a"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”