What happened to Karn?

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

from I've read, he sacrificed Venser's spark. Does this mean Karn cannot planeswalk anymore?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

wildfire393
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by wildfire393 » 1 year ago

The Fluff wrote:
1 year ago
from I've read, he sacrificed Venser's spark. Does this mean Karn cannot planeswalk anymore?
We will likely get this answer with March of the Machine: Aftermath. The packaging says something about desparked walkers repairing what's left of the multiverse.

That wording also implies that some amount of Realmbreaker's intertwining of the planes is going to remain, so we may see some non-planeswalkers still find ways to navigate between planes. Depending on how this plays out, it could be "The Mending 2: Phyrexian Boogaloo" wherein the nature of interplanar travel changes again.

I would say it's likely Karn will not planeswalk in the traditional sense anymore, but I would be surprised if he does not engage in any future interplanar travel. I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to see our New Weatherlight crew take up the plane-hopping mantle of the original.

ConstantMists

Post by ConstantMists » 1 year ago

And isn't Tezzeret still alive with his handy dandy Planar Bridge? Until that thing is stamped out it seems like "plansewalking" will still be possible, though only for a select few.
Current Commander decks: Zurgo Helmsmasher - Borborgymos Enraged - Elenda, the Dusk Rose - Doran, the Seige Tower - Sliver Overlord - Yarok, the Desecrated - Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Hazoret the Fervent - Purphoros, God of the Forge - Gisela, Blade of Goldnight - Marath, Will of the Wild - Ramos, Dragon Engine - Ruhan of the Fomori - Narset, Enlightened Master - Kokusho, the Evening Star - Mizzix of the Izmagnus - Dragonsoul Knight (Pauper) - Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas (Precon)

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Tezz needed a darksteel body to safely use the Planar bridge, Urabrask is near death every time he use that thing. Yeah, only for a select few. And maybe for undead coated in lazotep.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

The Fluff wrote:
1 year ago
Tezz needed a darksteel body to safely use the Planar bridge, Urabrask is near death every time he use that thing. Yeah, only for a select few. And maybe for undead coated in lazotep.
I think Tez wanted the Darksteel for other reasons, since he is a PW he gets to traverse the eternities ok.

The praetors suffered because of their organical parts, Karn is all silver, I dont think he would have any problem

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 1 year ago

I could be wrong but I think Karn is on Zhalfir. Teferi planted Wrenn and then took a couple steps, and boom Karn was in the room. and Zhalfir is on location that was mirrodin, which is basically down the street, but not across the tracks. pretty sure

and yeah, for now the only darksteel is that which is on ol Tezz. I can't wait for his next art. and ill be honest I have mixed feelings. darksteel and mirrodin were together and when the Mirrans needed something they chose something lame that was not darksteel!

im not sure about the armpit interlunar portal.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

when the Mirrans needed something they chose something lame that was not darksteel!
first time I heard of that. What did the Mirrans choose?

The N82O Molecule

im pretty sure its Hexplate Wallbreaker or glimmervoid metal

allow me a soapbox

where are we with darksteel. like, a whole set is named after it. every planes walker you will ever meet walking down the street went to mirrodin for one thing. Darksteel Ingot and allow me still I thought for sure the one weapon the Mirrans would yield that KOTH would own. darksteel. but its been completely blank in the story, except for one moment. Tezzeret. now, Mirrodin or New Phyrexia. . .but lets be honest is it new and is it Phyrexia. . .hehe. . .is supposedly transposed with where ever Zhalfir was. in magic terms that means over there. with how the story went im a little sad about how the praetors were treated and the position now of my fav plane. my only hope now is that the Teferi time magic actually does end and then its "what will be mirrodin" unphased back onto Dominaria. and that seems cool. otherwise that's it. the story of Karn is over. and now the legacy of darksteel and blightsteel is "phased out" *wink

thanks

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

from what I heard in the story. The phyrexians found a way to convert darksteel to blightsteel? So maybe that's the reason mirrans won't use darksteel anymore.

also if Mirrodin / New Phyrexia got back in it's place.. it would destroy Zhalfir. Because both would occupy the same place?

________

@wildfire393

sorry, forgot to reply. Weatherlight crew probably need a new ship, because the one they have got compleated.

if they get a new ship.. maybe they take Karn with them, and go on adventures just like Gerrard and the original crew did. :)

The N82O Molecule

as I understand it Zhalfir was moved to where mirrodin was and the hole that is on dominaria is still there. they were roughly the same size, again as I understand it. this is what made it applicable for wrenn. this puts sparkless Karn on Zhalfir in the place of where mirrodin was. until someone smarter says otherwise.

one resource I listen to on the regular is - the vorthos podcast. so a lot of what I say is a paraphrase of a paraphrase. I opt different word choice for same conclusion, as its never my intent to mislead. and of course reading the source material. though I admit I don't perceive most of what they perceive. they being every other reader

one note, hexplate or hexmetal. and hexgold, are all synonymous it seems and the material the mirrans used to edge their weapons. guess its been there all along Hexplate Golem

and yes Jin noted the process but it would take a long time. and perhaps, in agreeance, the idea that it could be changed was the reason. but then id ask for another soapbox on why darksteel couldn't have been used more. that being said, if this makes Tezz darksteel God then, cool, but Koth, bummer. lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”