void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Today's Challenge: Stun counters in mono black/red/green

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
Rithaniel 18 (+2)
void_nothing 17 (+3)
JovialJovian 12 (+0)
netn10 12 (+3)
haywire 10
Apellosine 3
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Herbs
netn10 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing

Final-Year Herbology 2BG
Sorcery - Lesson (Rare)
As an additional cost to cast Final-Year Herbology, sacrifice a Pest, a Plant, a Food, and a Blood.
You draw five cards, and you gain 10 life.
You get an emblem with "at the beginning of your upkeep, you draw a card and you gain 2 life."

IIW: New "As an additional cost to cast"
JovialJovian wrote:
1 year ago
vote: netn10, void_nothing

Thyme GU
Artifact - Food (U)
When Thyme enters the battlefield, add GG or UU.
2, T, sacrifice Thyme: You gain 2 life.
T, sacrifice seven Foods: You take an extra turn after this one.
When you taste a properly seasoned dish, the experience can seem to last forever.

IIW: Card from a plane based on Christian mythology
Rithaniel wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Star Anise
Artifact U
, : Put a grinding counter on Star Anise unless an opponent pays 1 life.
: Move any number of grinding counters from Star Anise onto target Food. When that Food is sacrificed this turn, its controller gains 3 life for each grinding counter on it.
You either love it or you hate it.

IIW: Legendary Cranes
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: netn10, Rithaniel
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 1 year ago

vote: Rithaniel

Blow to the Head 2R
Instant (U)
Blow to the Head deals 3 damage to any target. If a creature is damaged this way, tap that creature and put a stun counter on it. If a player is damaged this way, they skip their next draw step.

IIW: Combine mechanics from two different planes.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Votes: JovialJovian

Incubation Period 2GG
Instant (Rare)
You may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. If you do, put three stun counters on it and tap it.
"We had millennia to prepare in the oceans, so what are a few more days to tune perfection?"
- Zegana, Bane of Ravnica

IIW: Ravnica with a twist.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Recurring Spasms 5B
Instant (U)
Put three -1/-1 counters on target creature.
Put three stun counters on target creature.
Target player loses 3 life.
Rebound

IIW: Planar Chaos version of a legendary creature you made for another Custom Card Contest or Game (Like Braids, Conjurer Adept versus Braids, Cabal Minion)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

(I like both equally)

Bar Brawl
Sorcery R
You and target opponent each choose three creatures they control. Randomly pair up creatures chosen this way until fewer than two creatures are unpaired. Each pair of creatures fight each other. Then tap and put two stun counters on each creature that survived their fights.
"It is said that when the Eldrazi invaded Dondeldorf, the dwarves of the plane just challenged to the otherworldly horrors to drinking matches."

IIW: Asymmetrical colors
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 1 year ago

Votes - JovialJovian, Rithaniel

Koth's Clutch R
Instant {C}
Tap target artifact and put two stun counters on it.
Draw a card.
Flashback 5R

IIW - Red Drakes

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

netn10 jovialjovian

Sadalka of the Weighted Arrows 3G
Legendary Creature - Elf Archer (Rare)
Reach, vigilance
T: Put a stun counter on each creature with flying.
1W, T: Tap target creature or planeswalker. That permanent's activated abilities can't be activated this turn.
3/3

iiw long card names
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”