Sakashima Syndrome

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 1 year ago

Sakashima of a Thousand Faces/Sakashima the Impostor/Spark Double, and to less extent Helm of the Host.

I've been experiencing temptation on including these for any commander with tap/once-per-turn activation/trigger abilities. I'm not strictly talking about broken stuff, even someone as jank as Kianne, Dean of Substance // Imbraham, Dean of Theory would feel "nice" to have a few Sakashima in the deck.

Do people feel this Sakashima Syndrome sometimes?

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

Cyberium wrote:
1 year ago
Sakashima of a Thousand Faces/Sakashima the Impostor/Spark Double, and to less extent Helm of the Host.

I've been experiencing temptation on including these for any commander with tap/once-per-turn activation/trigger abilities. I'm not strictly talking about broken stuff, even someone as jank as Kianne, Dean of Substance // Imbraham, Dean of Theory would feel "nice" to have a few Sakashima in the deck.

It is nearly constant if the deck has blue and I'm so completely tired of it. Sweepers boys. It's the sweeper era again :P

(I play one spark double in one deck myself and consciously avoid this paradigm; if my strategy is so crappy it only works if I copy it 4 times then the deck is flawed)

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 1 year ago

pokken wrote:
1 year ago
if my strategy is so crappy it only works if I copy it 4 times then the deck is flawed
Or perhaps the strategy goes from strong to STRONGER because of extra copies. A flawed deck can improve, so can a strong deck. (Not talking about cEDH here, of course.)

Shabbaman
crying casual

Post by Shabbaman » 1 year ago

I don't have this issue at all, I just play them with Reyhan, Last of the Abzan. Who doesn't like more Reyhans?
“Our words are backed with OBLIVION STONE!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 1 year ago

Cyberium wrote:
1 year ago
For me it manifests as "Thousand-Year Elixir syndrome." Less likely to lose the enabler to a random WoG, and the ability pseudo-haste can be relevant. My pet interaction is, of course, Thousand-Year Elixir+Ovinomancer to make all the sheep. . .
V/R

Treamayne

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 1 year ago

I rarely play my copies.

I think, partly, it's that I have been playing a lot of background commanders that can't actually be cloned this way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”