help me make a transformers set!

biohaZard1324
Transformers Nerd
Pronoun: she / her

Post by biohaZard1324 » 1 year ago

Hello everyone, as the title says I'd like to enlist the help of the community in creating a custom Transformers Commander set (like the Warhammer decks). I have been searching for a discord to join to ask for help but haven't found much so figured I'd post here. If you are interested in helping out, feel free to contact me on discord over at Void Crawler#1551

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

This would be the place for it! I'm interested in contributing, and you are likely to find others as well.

The concept of "Transformers Commander" and using the 40k Commander decks as a model is a solid concept to start. I'd like to ask a few questions to narrow down your ideas.
  • Do you want to use the DFC mechanics from the official Transformers promos?
  • What era(s) of Transformers lore would the set cover?
  • How do you want to divide up the decks/colors/concepts?
  • What about nonlegendary creatures and especially non-DFC ones?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

biohaZard1324
Transformers Nerd
Pronoun: she / her

Post by biohaZard1324 » 1 year ago

id be happy to answer your questions, yes the transformers cards will be double faced, As far as colors go i have currently created a few cards for the set but i am open to changing the colors and mana costs of all the cards, as far as concepts im thinking the decepticon deck will be focused on sacrificing creatures and the autobots will be traditional izzet. As far as nonlegendary creatures im not sure what to do here, seeing as all the transformers are all characters that exist and have names it would be strange to not make them legendary creatures but im open to suggestions

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

So thankfully the Transformers lore offers a number of ways to go for nonlegendary creatures as well as nontransforming ones: There are Cyberdroids, which are kind of an obscure concept that are restricted to one particular setting but perfect for 1/1s and 2/2s; various kinds of drones and Cybertronian fauna; non-robotic characters like various humans and aliens...
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 1 year ago

Yes, depending on the specific storylines you are pulling from, there are plenty of non-named beings to populate your set.
Even in the original cartoon, there are groups like the Junkions, of which there is a named individual (Wreck-Gar), but many generic background members that could easily be nonlegendaries in the set.
In the netflix War for Cybertron series, there are wide angle shots with many unnamed and generic Cybertronians, mostly Decepticons. They don't play a lot of role in the story, but show that the population is larger than just the named characters we follow around.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Set Creation”